Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

Karen, you haven't addressed my campaign @ pillow bunny. Can I hear your thoughts?

Also, pretty sure the people voting no lynch aren't trying to no lynch (since that'd obviously be horrendous) but are just trying to not miss voting.

Ah that was a while ago though yes? I remember skimming through it but I just did a quick thread search and can't seem to find the post & it's late for me now
I'll try finding it tomorrow but my impression of bunny so far is that s/he made one good post and that's about it

trundles post on tom is actually good but its more based on his own experiences with him, but we should definitely think about it

although i do remember the past couple games with tom on day 1 were essentially "i dont care, bye" and he wasnt as active and didnt spam as much as hes doing this game

I'm going to assume day ends at 7pm EST tonight? I just woke up and I still have a migraine so reading a lot makes it feel worse (I'm looking at you, Endless). But then again...just read it all. That being said I'm still a little sus over pillowbunny after their last post because they seem a little defensive, but I might read into their last game and how defensive they were in that if they were suspected in it (I can't recall if they were or not). They are indeed much like Forek in that they're all over the place with the difference being that pillow seemed a little more focused early on.

I'm going to disagree with justice now that I'm rereading some of Cariad's posts. At first, during that first 24 hours, something about her argument against Endless made me ask myself "Cariad can you not see what he's doing though?" But now I get the feeling it was just because they didn't know Endless from any previous game and their posting style reminds me of them as town.

Also Tom, woeful Tom. Are you still not going to say anything in response to what people have been criticizing you for? I wanna vote for you over pillow tbh because you're both distracting and somebody who could lead a mafia team behind the scenes despite your play in the thread. But I'm gonna wait and see how other people vote before I cast mine to make a difference if it comes close.

If the migraine clears and I have time in my day (busy day) I'll give a better post on final reads of everyone so far but I'll probably do that night 1 because that's the second best time to do it. Right now I'd rather campaign against Tom than pillow because there's a chance pillow is just bad town but I know Tom isn't deliberately bad town for no reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But then again this just ain't my day for leading. :(

also endless i go for inactive lynches as a last resort and get that out of the way first, i dont necessarily always want to lynch an inactive, but i do believe that it is better to lynch someone we know will do nothing, rather than a no lynch. thats my opinion and i think some people would agree with me, its definitely not completely moronic

but i do believe that it is better to lynch someone we know will do nothing, rather than a no lynch. thats my opinion and i think some people would agree with me, its definitely not completely moronic

You should vote for Tom then.

You should vote for Tom then.

i am currently thinking it through

- - - Post Merge - - -

i wouldnt really say toms done nothing tho, hes still in the game and is provoking thought, which is something

- - - Post Merge - - -

kermit.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw i hope ur migraine gets better those sucks o bad

- - - Post Merge - - -

kermit.jpg

i am currently thinking it through

- - - Post Merge - - -

i wouldnt really say toms done nothing tho, hes still in the game and is provoking thought, which is something

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 132179

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw i hope ur migraine gets better those sucks o bad

Someone provoking thought isn't a characteristic of a town or a mafia player. Anyone can provoke thought in the game whether it be through their words or actions very easily. If someone made me think about whether or not Blu Rose is scum, for example, but Blu Rose ends up being town all along, I've wasted all that thought where I could have been thinking about scum. Tom is provoking thought about Forek, but the game has been so fixated on Forek you could say Tom's actions are a distraction towards town. Therefore, his thought provoking leans more towards him being scum.

Someone provoking thought isn't a characteristic of a town or a mafia player. Anyone can provoke thought in the game whether it be through their words or actions very easily. If someone made me think about whether or not Blu Rose is scum, for example, but Blu Rose ends up being town all along, I've wasted all that thought where I could have been thinking about scum. Tom is provoking thought about Forek, but the game has been so fixated on Forek you could say Tom's actions are a distraction towards town. Therefore, his thought provoking leans more towards him being scum.

yes but i was explaining that i would rather lynch someone who is completely inactive and he said "u better vote tom then" but hes not actually inactive, which is my whole point. this has nothing to do with the game really i was just trying to explain to him

yes but i was explaining that i would rather lynch someone who is completely inactive and he said "u better vote tom then" but hes not actually inactive, which is my whole point. this has nothing to do with the game really i was just trying to explain to him

oh

well my post was decent anyway

You're correct in that an inactive lynch is better than a no lynch, but that doesn't say much, since a no-lynch is almost unarguably the worst play you can make during the first half of the game. It's not like cop is going to out in the first couple of days, and it's not like the mafia kill is going to impact the towns ability to discern mafia all that much. All no lynching does is waste a day. So, in that aspect, you're correct.

Lynching an inactive is still terrible since mafia require absolutely no effort to fake it and it doesn't provide anything on the morrow. Last resort should be saladrushing an active nuisance. But in days like this, a last resort isn't necessary. (Obviously.)

Dad, I encourage you to stick to the pillow bunny lynch - I'm not going to read too hard into Tom since he's shrouded in a complete haze of insincerity which hurts both his credibility and my ability to read him. I've skimmed him but not read him in depth and his play reminds me of what I remember from last game - once again though, I haven't checked. I'm just playing this off memory.

I'm likely to read into him more during the night phase or tomorrow. Likely tomorrow. I don't think he's bad enough to have provided enough distinct content that solidifies him as red at this point, so I'm going to wait until I have enough to cross-reference and discover whether or not his thought pattern makes sense, if that makes sense. And I'm not saying that you're wrong when you say that in a meta sense he seems red to you, you've played with him a lot more than I have, so you'd know his game better. But from what I can see I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Although, I do think that Tom's method of playing is hazardous to town and that he should learn how to enjoy the game without terminating people perceived as 'intolerable'.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP Sorry dad for making you read heaps when you have a migraine. :)

no quotes since I'm on my phone

I'll post more later k bye

@Endless
Forek- okay, I admit I missed that because I didn't want to sift through all his ****posts. Fair enough.

chees4mees
- I was asked to tell my thoughts on ppl, and I agree with some other ppl's thoughts. I don't see what's so wrong with that.
- I couldn't find out if mafia could see each other with a google search. yeah I know it's common sense, but I wanted to confirm. anyways I had no idea what I was doing last game [insert response to LOL U STILL DON'T xD xP comment here] so plz don't use that as "proof"
- I thought s/he was mafia because of the reasons other people said and then I guess I may have read too much into it

justice- while I'd rather not bring up last game, I accused audino on two separate days and the second time I didn't restate any information, it was just a one sentence thing
I restated the Dad stuff because I was in danger of being lynched

I don't see how that's the same thing as what justice is doing at all. She's not necessarily scummy, but I'm not being a hypocrite

Ashtot- When did he act like this last game?

no quotes since I'm on my phone

I'll post more later k bye

@Endless
Forek- okay, I admit I missed that because I didn't want to sift through all his ****posts. Fair enough.

chees4mees
- I was asked to tell my thoughts on ppl, and I agree with some other ppl's thoughts. I don't see what's so wrong with that.
- I couldn't find out if mafia could see each other with a google search. yeah I know it's common sense, but I wanted to confirm. anyways I had no idea what I was doing last game [insert response to LOL U STILL DON'T xD xP comment here] so plz don't use that as "proof"
- I thought s/he was mafia because of the reasons other people said and then I guess I may have read too much into it

justice- while I'd rather not bring up last game, I accused audino on two separate days and the second time I didn't restate any information, it was just a one sentence thing
I restated the Dad stuff because I was in danger of being lynched

I don't see how that's the same thing as what justice is doing at all. She's not necessarily scummy, but I'm not being a hypocrite

Ashtot- When did he act like this last game?

i acted like this all game last game but worse

I'm going to do an uncharacteristically short post to point out that the reasoning here on him being red relies on Forek flipping town, and is therefore bad. (I'm actually tipped in favour of that flip (Town!Forek) right now with my reads, but I can't claim confidence in the matter - correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can either.)

Pre-post edit:
what the heck does ebwop mean
Sorry justice, I'll write a definitions list! ^^
EBWOP: Edit by ways of posting
ISO: Read in isolation

Going to reply to bunny in a separate post since there's too much to comment on (not all negative, from the skim) to tag onto the end of this post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP That post was actually not short so the beginning is kinda.. ironic? Not sure if that's a correct use of the word but we'll roll with it.

And you were playing forum mafia? lol

Endless, I'd still honestly rather Tom be lynched because the metagame you're talking about is exactly why he's more of a threat/trouble than pillow bunny in the case that pillow bunny could also be maf, because he's using that metagame of changing his playstyle to coast through games now that people no longer see him a threat when he's legit town but also don't lynch him right off the bat because they remember his old playstyle and how he can bring something decent to the table. He utilizes this to his advantage when he's mafia, I remember him doing so when we were maf together in the pokemon game. This, in combination with his decision to go after Forek without much apology despite the lack of sense to do so, makes me think he's the latter this game.

Depending on how well you lead (and for now I don't mind you leading because I townread you to my naivete) I might have to lynch the lesser of two evils (a new player with typical scum behavior) but I'd rather we lynch the greater evil (a veteran player with typical but also atypical scum behavior on day one to boot).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also stop using epicmafia abbreviations you nerd.

I'm going to take a break from my analysis of pillow's post to say that while I accept what you're saying, you wanted to lynch tom last game and he was town so are you that determined that you can read him well enough to opt for him over pillow here?

OK, sorry for being away (also wtf are u still up endless. at least we know why you slept till twelve am huhu) but I'm back for maybe an hour! I'm going to try and make an inactive list so that we can see who's being missed in this great inactive bashing match and try and draw some conclusions from that. And yes, Ash, I'll probably put myself on the list too. Happy?

It'll take a while to compile though, because I'm on tablet right now, but we shall pull forward!

Back