• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia X: And Then There Were None (Game Over/Mafia Win)

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
X2Eq1zU.png

Game Over: Mafia Wins

5yCYRjS.png

End Game Links

Obs
Scum Chat
Actions List

Player List

1. oath2order - The Killer / Justice Lawrence Wargrave (2-shot)
  2. Lauren - Vera Claythorne - KILLED (POISONED) NIGHT 0
  3. Kaiaa - Emily Brent - KILLED (PUSHED OFF CLIFF) NIGHT 1
  4. Gandalf - Emily Brent
  5. Ashtot - Thomas Rogers - KILLED (STONED) NIGHT 2
  6. Cory - General John Macarthur - LYNCHED (AMBUSHED) DAY 6
  7. Superpenguin - Ethel Rogers - LYNCHED (UPSIDE DOWN HANGING) Day 4
  8. MrKisstoefur - The Host, Mr. Owen / Vera Claythorne
  9. Prof Gallows - Thomas Rogers - LYNCHED (HEAD POPPED OFF) DAY 2
    [*]Mewmewmewm - Tony Marston - LYNCHED (HANGING) DAY 1
  10. Alice - William Blore (4-shot) - KILLED (SKULL CRUSHED BY CLOCK) NIGHT 4
  11. CookingOkasan PurplPanda - Thomas Rogers - KILLED (KIDNAPPED) NIGHT 5
  12. Feloreena - Tony Marston
  13. Sataric - Dr. Edward Armstrong - KILLED (DROWNED) NIGHT 3
  14. NikkiNikki - Ethel Rogers - LYNCHED (SUICIDE) DAY 5
  15. ccemuka - Emily Brent - LYNCHED (CLASSIC LYNCH) DAY 3

End game:
Total guests left: 4/16
Killers left: 2/2

PurplPanda
Tom
Kippla
Yui Z
MissNoodle
Marii
Kyuby
Farobi
tinytaylor
Justin
Tina
Natty
gnoixaim
tsundere
Blu Rose
ITookYourWaffles
Capella
BellBringerGreen
Minties

5yCYRjS.png

Epigraph

Ten little soldier boys went out to dine;
One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little soldier boys sat up very late;
One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight little soldier boys travelling in Devon;
One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
Seven little soldier boys chopping up sticks;
One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Six little soldier boys playing with a hive;
A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five little soldier boys going in for law;
One got in Chancery and then there were four.
Four little soldier boys going out to sea;
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.
Three little soldier boys walking in the zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.
Two little soldier boys sitting in the sun;
One got frizzled up and then there was one.
One little soldier boys left all alone;
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

Introduction

As he looked out the train window, Mr. Blore thought to himself, "Soldier Island..." He remembered Soldier Island as a boy. "A rock covered with gulls– stood about a mile from the coast. Funny idea to go and build a house on it. Awful in bad weather. But millionaires were full of whims!"

After departing from the train and reaching a dock on the coast of Devonshire, Mr. Blore found a group of seven other people who he had never met before and who were also headed for the island.

They all boarded the boat driven by the boatman Fred Narracott and they set off for their destination. After arriving on the island, they were greeted by the island's butler, Thomas Rogers, and his wife the housekeeper, Mrs. Ethel Rogers. Mr. Narracott left to return to the English mainland.

That left ten of them on the island and they waited for their host, Mr. Owen, to arrive. Little did they know, their host would never show up and they were all lured to the island for the same reason...

To die!

Welcome to TBT Mini Mafia X

Hello and welcome to TBT Mini Mafia X. This game is semi-open, which means possible roles are public, but not the amount of them in the game. Roles can be used once, more than once, or not at all. Private messaging is allowed in this game, but you cannot share your role PMs, as normal.

What makes this game unique is its small size and its especially small mafia team of two. Because of its size, I expect everyone to post a lot and I cannot allow people to sign up if they have a history of not posting in past games. I will be quicker to modkill or replace players if they are not posting. It is absolutely crucial to post in this game and I cannot tolerate inactivity. Even though PMs are allowed, please share information in the thread as much as possible to add to the public discussion.

Another unique facet of this game is that mafia will have town roles in addition to their mafia roles. And Then There Were None is about finding a killer among fellow guests on the island. Likewise, you will have to find mafia among fellow townies. The mafia team will receive actual green or blue roles, not just fake town claims. William Blore will see both roles, except when inspecting the godfather.

Please have fun and remember not to take mafia too personally!

Sincerely,
Your Host
Mr. Owen Jeremy

P.S. If you read the book or watched one of the film adaptations, the roles have nothing to do with what actually happens. The theme, setting, and characters are the same, but the outcome is not.

How to Play Mafia for New Players
Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

5yCYRjS.png

Roles

Guests (Town)

jD1dSe0.png
Thomas Rogers (Vanilla Townie)
A week before the guests arrived, you were hired by Mr. Owen as the butler of Soldier Island. The employment was arranged before meeting him. Years ago, you held medicine from a former employer, an elderly woman, to collect her inheritance after she died.
sRkSjAf.png
Ethel Rogers (Vanilla Townie)
You are the cook and housekeeper on the island and were hired by Mr. Owen along with your husband, Thomas Rogers. What you and your husband did to your former employee still haunts you.
LuAZftx.png
Vera Claythorne (Vanilla Townie)
You are a former teacher and babysitter. One day, you let the child you were watching swim too far out to sea and drown. This was so your lover, the child's uncle, could become heir to the estate and marry you. However, your lover left you after realizing what had happened. Since then, you have been working secretary jobs, which led you to a new opportunity as a secretary on the island for someone named Una Owen.
IJvAoyZ.png
Tony Marston (Vanilla Townie)
While driving recklessly, you killed two children. Instead of taking responsibility, you blamed the children for the tragedy and felt no remorse. The court only took your driver's license away, which you were upset about. You were invited to the island by a friend and hoped to meet women there.
z21d2tw.png
Emily Brent (Vanilla Townie)
Some time ago, you had a young maid who became pregnant out of wedlock. Disgusted, you fired her. The girl, having also been rejected by her family, committed suicide as a result. You were invited to the island by someone named "U. N. O." and although you don't remember having known this person, you didn't want to give up the opportunity to go to the island for a holiday.
GmRLsMP.png
Dr. Edward Armstrong (Doctor)
U.N. Owen invited you to the island to check on his apparently sick wife. Many years ago, your patient died after operating on her while drunk. Each night you can visit one other guest, which protects them from harm for the night. You cannot protect the same player twice in a row and you cannot protect yourself. If you protect General John Macarthur, your save will be used before his extra life.
cpBhXVk.png
William Blore (Detective)
You were a police inspector until you retired after being accused of giving a false testimony for money. The defendant was deemed guilty and later died in prison. After retiring, you became a private investigator and were hired on the island for security work. As an X-Shot Detective, you can investigate the role of one guest per night until you use the amount of inspections specified in your role PM. If you investigate a killer, you will see both of their roles unless they are a godfather.
Y3Jnckw.png
Philip Lombard (Vigilante)
As a hired mercenary soldier, you caused the death of 21 East African tribe members after stealing their supplies. You admit to doing it and believe it was worth it to save your own life. You were hired for a special project on the island and were told to bring a gun for protection. As an X-Shot Vigilante, you can kill one guest during the night until you've used up the amount of shots specified in your role PM. If the guest you target is protected, it will not count as a shot.
xsCdOih.png
Justice Lawrence Wargrave (Judge)
As a judge, you sent an innocent man to his death. You are now retried and admit to knowing he was innocent, but proclaim he was guilty of many other crimes. An old friend, who you have not seen in a long time, invited you to the island to talk about the good old days. As an X-Shot Judge, you can PM the host during the day to make an anonymous second vote. Your role PM will specify the amount of second votes you can make.
dDlkpTI.png
General John Macarthur (Veteran)
During the first World War, you sent your wife's lover to his death. Your old war buddies invited you to the island to talk about old times. Hopefully the old rumors were long forgotten. You have two night lives. If someone tries to kill you, you are able to protect yourself until you are targeted again.

Killers (Mafia)

yDRrawM.png
The Host, Mr. Owen (Godfather)
You are known to most of the guests as Mr. or Mrs. Owen through their employment or invitations, but none of them have actually met you. This is because, little known to them, you don't actually exist and were made up by the killer. You are hiding among the guests on the island, so you also have a townie role. If William Blore investigates you, he will only see your townie role. You can send in KP.
L2WQx0k.png
The Killer (Mafia Goon)
The guests are trying to find who among them is the killer. Masquerading as an island guest, you also have a townie role. If William Blore investigates you, he will see both of your roles. You can send in KP.

5yCYRjS.png

General Mafia Rules

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
  2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
  3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
  4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
  5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
  6. Getting yourself mod killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
  7. Signing up more than once using alternate accounts.
  8. Offering favors/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
  9. Sharing accounts with other players.
  10. Posting a false role PM phrased/screenshotted as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. I can and will take action.

Time Cycle and Phases:
The game will generally follow a 24 hour day and 24 hour night cycle. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period. The game will start at night.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions. Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent meta speculation over when actions were sent in.

Day:
During Day, the survivors must vote to lynch another player from the game. Day ends after a majority is reached. Night will follow after the lynch post has been published.

Activity:
If you miss voting in two Deadline No Lynches in a row, or miss voting in three Majority Lynches in a row, you may be mod killed depending on the circumstance.

Please also make your best attempt to post on a regular basis, this means at least oncer per day/night cycle. If I feel you are not contributing to the game enough, I may prod you via a PM asking you to post. If you ignore this and continue to avoid posting, you may be mod killed or replaced.

Play to Win:
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. There is a fine line. If I feel as if you are not acting responsibly, I will PM you and ask you to keep your behavior in line.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me if you need to leave the game.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you may be mod killed, depending on what the edit was. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.

Inappropriate Posts:
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. DO NOT let the Salt flow through you, contrary to popular belief. Especially if Tom tells you that.

Out of Thread Communication:
It is common for mafia or a town PM circle to use a medium outside of TBT such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Please be mindful that other players may attempt impersonate members of your team or attempt to infiltrate your chat. You use these media at your own risk.

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until Day 3. If a player is mod killed during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

Mod Font:
This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

5yCYRjS.png

General Mafia Voting Rules

1. This game will use Majority Lynch. For those of you familiar with IRC Mafia, it is the same system. When a player attains over 50% of the vote, they will be immediately killed and Day will end. (For example, with 14 players alive, a player requires 8 votes to be lynched) If I am not online and available to post when this occurs, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.
  2. If the deadline is reached without a majority, nobody will be lynched. This is considered a Deadline No Lynch. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill, please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##VOTE: No Lynch).
  3. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
  4. Please vote in the following format: ##VOTE: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
  5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##UNVOTE followed by your new vote ##VOTE: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
  6. No conditional voting.
  7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
  8. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill. Please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules.

5yCYRjS.png

If you would like access to the Observers Chat after the game has started, please PM me. If you join the Observer Chat, you obviously cannot become a replacement later in the game if needed. You CANNOT share the chat with living players, or any information from it.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. Mafia hosts cannot compensate for player ignorance!

Looks beautiful. with that many reserved spots, I'd love to hop in before those 6 get filled. My friend has this flick on blu ray :')

This game looks really good. I'll be watching for sure. c:

Last edited:
@tinytaylor and NikkiNikki- I've put you down in the last spots.

Tinytaylor, I've never seen you play before though. How can I be sure you will post a lot (since that is very important). Also, do you know how to play? Have you been watching any other games? Newbies would be better fit in a main mafia, since this one is so small and doesn't have room for learning players. But if you've watched games and promise to post, I will mark you down as confirmed.

Back