Mafia TBT Mini Mafia IV: Fire Emblem Kingmaker - Official Game OVER

Need to see actions, rather than just apologies. And please, can we stop using the "If you want to lynch me, go ahead" line guys? If you're actually town, it's a horrible thing to say. If you die town, you are hurting your team. Just because you don't care doesn't mean you should give up for your whole team. It's not really playing to win with that attitude.
It also shows that you've given up on attempting to defend yourself when people are bashing on you, not giving up till you are gone, either revealing green, blue or red blood in the end.

Also very possible but let's look at Mafia II. Justin and Kayla, both happened to be mafia. From the moment they were elected Mayor and Sheriff it was over. There was literally nothing Town could have done.

To be fair I was on Kayla's case almost that entire game. From the second she campaigned herself for mayor. My mistake there was picking Justin in a last ditch effort so Kayla couldn't get mayor, I didn't really think of the possibility of him being mafia as well.

And as far as this Kuma lynch is going, I think you're all wasting all of our time. Getting rid of her because of inactivity in previous games. Seriously, if that's how this town is going to act then I'm not trusting a single one of you. Because what is going to stop any of you from lynching any one of us for some other stupid reason?

To be fair I was on Kayla's case almost that entire game. From the second she campaigned herself for mayor. My mistake there was picking Justin in a last ditch effort so Kayla couldn't get mayor, I didn't really think of the possibility of him being mafia as well.

And as far as this Kuma lynch is going, I think you're all wasting all of our time. Getting rid of her because of inactivity in previous games. Seriously, if that's how this town is going to act then I'm not trusting a single one of you. Because what is going to stop any of you from lynching any one of us for some other stupid reason?
Then who do you suggest to lynch?

I agree with this so much. I think everyone is going to assume that "oh look! This guy is inactive! Maybe if we lynch him, he could be mafia!"

I agree with this so much. I think everyone is going to assume that "oh look! This guy is inactive! Maybe if we lynch him, he could be mafia!"

The reasoning behind your lynch is that; if we let you live today and you keep not contributing, we don't know anything about you which becomes problematic as the game progresses. If your actually defend yourself (or promise to try harder this game like Farobi) then people may THINK ABOUT taking you off the lynch candidate list today. We are not assuming you are scum. It is a safety precaution that we believe will help later on in the game.

I don't have anyone in mind because there isn't anything to go off of.

We could start with the person who first brought up lynching Kuma, maybe.

I think the biggest issue is that if no one had brought anyone up, who would we lynch? Without these primary posts of suggestions for lynches, the game really couldn't get started. It isn't wise to lynch someone just because they were trying to get ideas going and actually contribute to the town. The fact that you would even suggest that sounds absurd to me.

If no one had brought up any names, who would you suggest we lynch?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Of course, there is always the behavioral changes, but again, it's hard to notice behavior changes when no one has posted anything. As far as I can see, Farobi has had the only behavior change in the game, but it looks like it's for the better.

The reasoning behind your lynch is that; if we let you live today and you keep not contributing, we don't know anything about you which becomes problematic as the game progresses. If your actually defend yourself (or promise to try harder this game like Farobi) then people may THINK ABOUT taking you off the lynch candidate list today. We are not assuming you are scum. It is a safety precaution that we believe will help later on in the game.
You mean a stupid safety precaution? In this game, every townie is important, so if we just end up killing more and more townies and suddenly a kingmaker dies, there won't be much back up to fix that, right?

I think the biggest issue is that if no one had brought anyone up, who would we lynch? Without these primary posts of suggestions for lynches, the game really couldn't get started. It isn't wise to lynch someone just because they were trying to get ideas going and actually contribute to the town. The fact that you would even suggest that sounds absurd to me.

If no one had brought up any names, who would you suggest we lynch?

If you all had given a better reason to why you wanted to lynch Kuma I would have been behind it. But using the "inactive" excuse is just dumb. Since Kayla was the first person to suggest lynching Kuma we now have a reason to look at her. Just because you needed a person to kill doesn't mean that the first person to speak up is helping you.

So you're claiming as townie? Why would you do that already? Nobody even asked you to, and you just gave the mafia more information they didn't need to know.

Then Kuma, please tell us who you think we should lynch. Anybody at all. Let's talk.

I personally believe Kayla should be looked at, because she just seems to like using the "inactive" excuse against me. She was the one to start the whole train of people using the same bloody reason against me.

If you all had given a better reason to why you wanted to lynch Kuma I would have been behind it. But using the "inactive" excuse is just dumb. Since Kayla was the first person to suggest lynching Kuma we now have a reason to look at her. Just because you needed a person to kill doesn't mean that the first person to speak up is helping you.

Sure, I was using that, and also the fact that she hides behind her inactivity in games when she is mafia. As Kayla previously mentioned, she hides in the shadows, and when others are dead and we need to figure out who is who, there is no evidence there for us. Now that Kuma has spoken up and posted multiple times, I'm quite glad/proud. There were other names mentioned as well, not just Kuma. I'm really not sure why everyone jumped to defend Kuma so fast, but it seems a bit off to me.

Well, now that Kuma is speaking up and it's looking a bit more promising, let's consider PurplPanda who 1) hasn't spoken up yet, 2) is not in the mood to play the game (I'm sure some of you know why). Unless you guys consider that a "stupid reason" to lynch.

Sure, I was using that, and also the fact that she hides behind her inactivity in games when she is mafia. As Kayla previously mentioned, she hides in the shadows, and when others are dead and we need to figure out who is who, there is no evidence there for us. Now that Kuma has spoken up and posted multiple times, I'm quite glad/proud. There were other names mentioned as well, not just Kuma. I'm really not sure why everyone jumped to defend Kuma so fast, but it seems a bit off to me.
Oh yes. Wasn't it Farobi and Ashtot?

As far as I can tell I'm the only one that did defend Kuma. The rest of you seemed happy enough to kill her on the spot.

Unless one person defending another is grounds to make something off, I'm not really sure what you're seeing. To me I think this is starting off badly if you're just gonna throw someone under the bus without even considering all of the options. Since everyone mostly had spoken up about Kuma that gave you every reason to suspect any of those people. But you didn't.

If you're not going to consider the options that are laid out in front of you how can you be expected to help the town?

It also shows that you've given up on attempting to defend yourself when people are bashing on you, not giving up till you are gone, either revealing green, blue or red blood in the end.

The problem is, you were Mafia and you stayed quiet, in a previous game that ended a while ago. The reason no one ever looks at you is because you are always likely to make it to the end, so we assume it's normal simply because you are never a threat to Mafia anyways. No one ever thinks it's because you could be Mafia yourself. Also, by that time .. any player who is likely to say something is normally dead. Honestly if I didn't call you out today on Day One, you wouldn't have posted anything. Let's be real here.

I agree with Karen. PurplPanda can be the next person we try to call out.

I don't have anyone in mind because there isn't anything to go off of.

We could start with the person who first brought up lynching Kuma, maybe.

Tom wanted discussion, and because I was one of the people who voted to start the game early & have roles sent out early I decided to start the conversation somehow. Feel free to look at me. I have no problem staying in the spotlight except that it'll give Mafia someone to hide behind -> Me. You guys know that every time I play this game as Town, Mafia do not take the chance on me and always choose to kill me. If they don't they have to deal with me in the thread. Sometimes it benefits them .. but last game for example -> I put focus on Tom and I shot Lauren out of the game. No one expected Lauren to be Mafia except a few of us.

My point is that Kuma is NOT inactive. She always keeps up with the threads, votes to avoid modkill and posts excuses as to why she is busy in real life. For example, she knew she was being called out and no one even told her. We just assume she is not a problem because she only posts about why she is busy IRL. She gets forgotten about every single game.

I personally believe Kayla should be looked at, because she just seems to like using the "inactive" excuse against me. She was the one to start the whole train of people using the same bloody reason against me.

It's not an excuse. You are a problem for Town because of your posting habits. No one ever knows anything about you and we always have to guess. You always make it to the end because you are not a threat for Mafia .. one of these days you will make it to the end and have a Mafia role and we'll kick ourselves for assuming that you made it simply because you weren't a threat.

If you guys want me to bring up strong player names (who are likely to slide by) then let's talk about: River & Jeremy. They are likely to slide by because they are not as active as some of us in the thread. Mafia will not target them right away, unless these two have roleclaimed and have an important role. We can also look at players like Prin, Oath2Order who also have Mafia smarts. Yes, Oath2Order did start posting though.

As far as I can tell I'm the only one that did defend Kuma. The rest of you seemed happy enough to kill her on the spot.

Unless one person defending another is grounds to make something off, I'm not really sure what you're seeing. To me I think this is starting off badly if you're just gonna throw someone under the bus without even considering all of the options. Since everyone mostly had spoken up about Kuma that gave you every reason to suspect any of those people. But you didn't.

If you're not going to consider the options that are laid out in front of you how can you be expected to help the town?

I did. I brought up 3 people, which is 3 more than you brought up. If everyone would try to contribute, instead of just a few people, maybe we could actually get something done. I appreciate your defense of Kuma, but saying that I'm not considering the options is a very false statement.

Adding to what Kayla said, here's the list of players who have yet to post since Day started. There are still 20 hours left in the Day, so they have time, but let's try to prod them to post soon before it's too late and all they can do is throw in "I agree".

River
PurplPanda
Tina
Prin

Actually, has Tina even confirmed she is playing? As far as I know Tom added her name in assuming she wanted a slot reserved, but she has yet to post at all in this thread, even during the pre-game! Possible misunderstanding?

@Kayla
To be honest, your huge posts are the thing putting you in the spotlight. What happened in one game doesn't carry over to this one. And just because what you're expecting to happen doesn't mean it will.

We can add your name to that list of people you mentioned as well. You're included in this "strong" player thing.

Back