Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Are you absolutely sure you were notified of your roleblock, even if you had no action? If so, that's definitely the exception. You can check from the earliest games of TBT Mafia roleblocks are not automatically notified.

I can't be 100% sure since I had to delete my inbox due to tbt's limits for those who don't have those super mailboxes, but here is the action list from Newbie Mafia II, which Tina hosted and I got a roleblock notification: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?195079-TBT-Newbie-Mini-Mafia-II-On-The-Run-(Game-Over-Town-Win)&p=3364405&viewfull=1#post3364405

(Old name is Moron). That being said, it was a jailer. So I dunno. And I think in one of the unofficials I was notified of being roleblocked. Either way I don't have much time left and shouldn't distract myself with this too much.

Ugh, Superpenguin I'm not sure if you're just a terrible town player or scum, but you honestly just keep distracting the focus of the game. You're so good at it, too, whether or not you're trying. You brought up no lynches, you're sarcastic as frig and it's putting us off track, and either way you're defending ryan88, who isn't looking the best right now. Speaking of which, I can't recall one time this whole game where Superpenguin has had a negative attitude towards ryan88 or disagreed with something he said. At the moment I have my money on Superpenguin and Ryan88 on being scum buddies, especially with the evidence against Ryan88 (where he said he got an action resolution where roleblockers usually don't). I'm voting for Superpenguin.

Alice

Freaking this. I get a bad vibe from Alice for this reason, because she avoided being too subjective when we were scum together in Portal (other than her jumping on the town putting town up for lynches bandwagons, if that makes sense). Instead she would sort of clarify what's going on and remain objective. I'm not going to say that her playstyle this game is exactly the same as it was in Portal, far from it, but there's something about the content of her posts so far that makes me want to keep an eye on her.

But I'm not just posting facts. I'm trying to contribute to the discussion right now. :rolleyes: I can't please anyone.

Ugh, Superpenguin I'm not sure if you're just a terrible town player or scum, but you honestly just keep distracting the focus of the game. You're so good at it, too, whether or not you're trying. You brought up no lynches, you're sarcastic as frig and it's putting us off track, and either way you're defending ryan88, who isn't looking the best right now. Speaking of which, I can't recall one time this whole game where Superpenguin has had a negative attitude towards ryan88 or disagreed with something he said. At the moment I have my money on Superpenguin and Ryan88 on being scum buddies, especially with the evidence against Ryan88 (where he said he got an action resolution where roleblockers usually don't). I'm voting for Superpenguin.

He said he got an "Action Confirmed" Message.
Spend 3 months at camp and forget how to read...

He's been doing this in other games too. Even when he's town. It's really confusing.

and don't be fooled by Trundle's vote for me. He still thinks ryan is scum too. Haha Idek why. It's cause I'm defending him? Sorry, ryan. :p

I'm just going to keep my vote on Oath for some of the previous reasons in my big post and the way in which he hasn't really redeemed himself much in my eyes, and was showing some avoidance in one of my later posts against him. He won't get lynched, SP probably will, but if SP flips town I'm going to feel much stronger about Alice due to her jumping on the SP bandwagon the way she did.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And btw Tina feel free to correct me if you never did send me a roleblock PM because my memory isn't the greatest. Either way like I said it's not the big thing that needs to be focused on atm.

Also alternatively, like others have mentioned I might feel a little stronger about the possibility of Ryan lying and having been on the scum team if SP flips maf.

I'm just going to keep my vote on Oath for some of the previous reasons in my big post and the way in which he hasn't really redeemed himself much in my eyes, and was showing some avoidance in one of my later posts against him. He won't get lynched, SP probably will, but if SP flips town I'm going to feel much stronger about Alice due to her jumping on the SP bandwagon the way she did.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And btw Tina feel free to correct me if you never did send me a roleblock PM because my memory isn't the greatest. Either way like I said it's not the big thing that needs to be focused on atm.
Pretty sure Tina sent some out in Sunleth mafia, but those were to blue roles, not greens so can't be sure.

I asked him earlier in the game if he got an action resolution and he said he did.

He said it was an action confirmation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also alternatively, like others have mentioned I might feel a little stronger about the possibility of Ryan lying and having been on the scum team if SP flips maf.

you can cool it with the "If SP is scum" statements cause I'm not.

Remember the last game you were on me because I voted for SP? I think I remember flipping town then too. You really like to overfocus on me, even when there are better cases going on. I'd like to advise you from making the same mistake. Long story short. It's fine to suspect me, but I'm honestly telling you it'd be a mistake to get caught up in every little thing I do or say.

I'm a bad town player sometimes.

Going back and voting for Superpenguin. He wants to lynch people over the pettiest of reasons.

Remember the last game you were on me because I voted for SP? I think I remember flipping town then too. You really like to overfocus on me, even when there are better cases going on. I'd like to advise you from making the same mistake. Long story short. It's fine to suspect me, but I'm honestly telling you it'd be a mistake to get caught up in every little thing I do or say.

I'm a bad town player sometimes.

So you're claiming to be town and if you aren't you could be using this post as a way to win me over. I don't want to overfocus on you too much but I'm not going to take my focus off you, because you're perfectly capable of making a post like this to try and win me over and could be lying about everything you're saying. And how do I know you're not 'warning me to not make the same mistake' as insurance if SP does flip scum? I'm not voting for you right now like I was during that day in Majora's Mask, btw, so it's slightly different and the 'mistake' isn't being made yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Going back and voting for Superpenguin. He wants to lynch people over the pettiest of reasons.

You're also just echoing what I said on a previous page and bandwagoning on my opinion.

Ye Old Treatise On Why Ryan Should Not Be Lynched Penned By KarlaKGB

Ryan is town. He's a dummy, but he's not scummy. He saw a game where roleblocks did prevent factional kills. He roleblocked me (for whatever reason). Day comes, he sees that there are an abnormally low number of kills. He puts two and two together. This is not scummy. Scum ryan, under the guidance of the rest of his team would not make such a bold claim. Scum ryan would know that by claiming in the manner he did, he would be put under the spotlight when his roleblock theory is proved wrong. Scum ryan pretending to be town roleblocker would be expected to be targeted by scum.

I see it as this: the chances of scum ryan's plan working is minimal. Even if Tina didn't clarify that roleblocks don't prevent factional kills, most people would have realised that it's the exception, not the norm. The risk that scum ryan's plan puts him in is considerable. He's thrust himself into the spotlight, something scum do not want to do, especially not with such risk and honestly little gain.

Ryan made a bad analysis, and put himself in a **** position as a result of it. I still read him as pro-town, and I am certain he's telling the truth. We shouldn't lynch him, because lynching a town roleblocker is ********. Lynching someone who is a priority target for scum is also ********. We are not ********. Thanks.

Back