Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

If alise's play is problematic then she should be policy lynched. I am a proponent of Lynch all Lurkers, because it will improve mafia games here as a whole, because it establishes the town meta that if you are inactive, you will die. It means people who are chronically inactive will be dissuaded from playing, and scum who are lurking find it more difficult to hide.

Nearly forgot to reply to Ashtot's post:

alise frustrates me because she doesn't really try in forum mafia. She usually claims that she forgets to post. It becomes seriously problematic because we always have to worry if she's scum or town and I hate it.

My replies in bold.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** no post merge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also the big about alise was supposed to be in the quote. God I need sleep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

bit*

She messed up frozen by "getting it wrong" and telling us the wrong info, she hides away and "forgets to post" as you say, which is very true. She if town, is not a good asset to us, she like Ryan88 skates by one everyone elses words and bandwagons.

I actually don't know if this is just a coincidence or karla is actually mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or if ryan is actually mafia roleblocker...

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is my point, honestly I don't think karla is but I could be wrong. Ryan could well be a mafia roleblocker but does he really have the sense to false claim a town roleblocker?

This is my point, honestly I don't think karla is but I could be wrong. Ryan could well be a mafia roleblocker but does he really have the sense to false claim a town roleblocker?

A scum mate could have told him to.

A scum mate could have told him to.

Hmmm, could be. Ryan is yet to defend himself anyway, I'm sick of his jerky game play with his early role claims

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't tend to trust early role claims

- - - Post Merge - - -

But it could also be a fake claim, so we'll see I suppose

- - - Post Merge - - -

What is a coincidence, that ryan roleblocked me on the same night that there were fewer kills than expected?

I read ryan as town, dumb town, but town nonetheless. He's a bad lynch and should not be considered. I don't want to mislynched someone who mafia were going to hit anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We need to get off the idea that a roleblocker can stop factional kills. The likelihood of that happening is the same as doctor saves or veterans not being notified, yet nobody has considered those possibilities.

What is a coincidence, that ryan roleblocked me on the same night that there were fewer kills than expected?

I read ryan as town, dumb town, but town nonetheless. He's a bad lynch and should not be considered. I don't want to mislynched someone who mafia were going to hit anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We need to get off the idea that a roleblocker can stop factional kills. The likelihood of that happening is the same as doctor saves or veterans not being notified, yet nobody has considered those possibilities.

Maybe it was a doctor or veteran, as I've stated, what good will it do town to out themselves? none what so ever, so maybe they have been notified but do not feel they want to say, this has already been covered.

Actually I mentioned it first, ty. C:

Yeah, Ash did make the post first (although it wasn't posted when I started my post - I was slow from distractions, oops).

---------------------

I think we should leave Elise for a bit longer. She's stated that she should be active for the rest of the game, so let's just see if she really does that. If we find that she continues to lurk in the shadows, then we could consider lynching her. I don't think it'd be a good idea to do something about her at this point in the game when there's some much better lynch choices.

Maybe it was a doctor or veteran, as I've stated, what good will it do town to out themselves? none what so ever, so maybe they have been notified but do not feel they want to say, this has already been covered.

Why shouldn't people claim they were hit? We need to know how many kill attempts went out. The idea that a veteran shouldn't claim because they don't want to scum to know if they were stopped by a vet or medic save is absurd. It isn't even an idea. All that person has to do is announce that they took a hit during the night. Doesn't give away if they were saved or had two lives. It's not giving mafia any more information, they already know who was hit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

some much better lynch choices.

Such as, and reasons for?

Why shouldn't people claim they were hit? We need to know how many kill attempts went out. The idea that a veteran shouldn't claim because they don't want to scum to know if they were stopped by a vet or medic save is absurd. It isn't even an idea. All that person has to do is announce that they took a hit during the night. Doesn't give away if they were saved or had two lives. It's not giving mafia any more information, they already know who was hit.

veterans, ok I'd expect them to over the doctors, I'd rather both didnt. Lets say, the doctors protected people who were actually hit, they could think those people are vets now? There could be serial killers too, more than likely. Where these kills are is a mystery and i think that any blue roles shouldnt role claim vet or not. INCLUDING RYAN, moron. Who role claims seriously.

veterans, ok I'd expect them to over the doctors, I'd rather both didnt. Lets say, the doctors protected people who were actually hit, they could think those people are vets now? There could be serial killers too, more than likely. Where these kills are is a mystery and i think that any blue roles shouldnt role claim vet or not. INCLUDING RYAN, moron. Who role claims seriously.

Who said anything roleclaiming? I'm talking about claiming you took a hit. In some games, both the doctor and the person they protected are notified of a save. I don't know how it is in this game, it doesn't really matter. If you took a hit and survived, claim it.

Who said anything roleclaiming? I'm talking about claiming you took a hit. In some games, both the doctor and the person they protected are notified of a save. I don't know how it is in this game, it doesn't really matter. If you took a hit and survived, claim it.

We'll see what everyone else thinks, i think claiming you took a hit is ridiculous, if you're a blue role that is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

clearly we're on a difference of opinion and wont be agreeing anytime soon.

Really?

From the first Nub game...

Mafia team must nominate a person to carry out each kill. The Mafia can choose not to kill and can kill each other. If a Mafia member chosen to kill on a particular night is roleblocked, that kill will be prevented.

So the likelihood is pretty high then.

We'll see what everyone else thinks, i think claiming you took a hit is ridiculous, if you're a blue role that is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

clearly we're on a difference of opinion and wont be agreeing anytime soon.

Why is this ridiculous and what does being blue have to do with it? This isn't even a difference of opinion, one is simply the wrong way to play. What is the danger in claiming you took a hit?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really?

From the first Nub game...

So the likelihood is pretty high then.

What is the percentage of tbt mafia games where that is the case? Why do you think I boldened that part in that game? Because I knew it was unusual and was drawing attention to it. If you note, I made it clear in my pleasure cruise mafia that factional kills were not blockade. How can you honestly say the likelihood is pretty high? I never said it was impossible, only very unlikely (and it's pretty nasty on the part of the host to keep that hidden)

Why is this ridiculous and what does being blue have to do with it? This isn't even a difference of opinion, one is simply the wrong way to play. What is the danger in claiming you took a hit?

- - - Post Merge - - -

What is the percentage of tbt mafia games where that is the case? Why do you think I boldened that part in that game? Because I knew it was unusual and was drawing attention to it. If you note, I made it clear in my pleasure cruise mafia that factional kills were not blockade. How can you honestly say the likelihood is pretty high? I never said it was impossible, only very unlikely (and it's pretty nasty on the part of the host to keep that hidden)

Dont shun other peoples opinions. You're not always right, i think its ridiculous for people to role claim, they took a hit, its either they've been protected, and will not be protected night 1, or they are a vet with one life.

Dont shun other peoples opinions. You're not always right, i think its ridiculous for people to role claim, they took a hit, its either they've been protected, and will not be protected night 1, or they are a vet with one life.

I'm going to shun your opinion if you demonstrate that you don't ****ing read. I never said anyone should roleclaim.

Let me roleplay for you.

Me: "Hey guys, I took a hit during the night"

Ok, what can Town deduce from that? That I was hit. Either I was protected, or I am a veteran. That is literally all you can deduce from that. You don't know if I'm a VT, or veteran, or other blue, or even scum.

Ok, what can Mafia deduce from that? That I was hit. Either I was protected, or I am a veteran. Holy ****, they don't know any better than Town. Except for one thing - they already knew that I was hit, because they did it. By claiming, I have given this information to town as well. Mafia learned nothing new, but Town now know more. Mafia can't punish me for revealing this information.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now please tell me how I'm wrong. Or I guess you can be offended by my language, I don't really care.

THEY CAN DEDUCE THAT THEY WERE EITHER A VET OR A DOCTOR. JESUS CHRIST.
therefore they are vulnerable night 2.

- - - Post Merge - - -

protected by doc**

- - - Post Merge - - -

I dont care enough for you to offend me either, for you to offend me id have to have some form of feelings or respect for you, i have neither.

THEY CAN DEDUCE THAT THEY WERE EITHER A VET OR A DOCTOR. JESUS CHRIST.
therefore they are vulnerable night 2.

- - - Post Merge - - -

protected by doc**

Ok let's assume that doctors can't protect the same person two nights in a row.

What difference does it make?

Scum already knew their hit on X was saved. They know that it doesn't matter if X was a vet or protected by a doctor, they're still vulnerable on the next night. So what's the difference?

- - - Post Merge - - -

It is true that they can deduce that they are either a vet or protected by a doctor. But they can deduce that already, without the target claiming.

i assume they cannot protect two nights in a row, from my own deduction, doctors would have protected someone they felt mafia would go for, I have my ideas on who. These people might also if not vet have a blue role of importance, then what? we lose them due to them being vulnerable, I understand what you're saying I dont feel its necessary for people to say they were hit this early, if there is a serial killer too then that could go bad for us, we are pretty much in the dark on that one too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The people they went for, could be town for instance, just a normal townie yes, but they could also have a blue role.

Back