Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Umm, what?
Do you even know how the first game of Mafia was played. They had to judge each other solely off of what happened Day One. They were all new; no one knew had anyone played. It's stupid to give a new player a free Day One pass for the sole purpose of them being a new player. Like who cares if you are new? If they you show to be scum or there is no one better to lynch than them for being a nuisance, then, yeah, let's lynch them.
I didn't mean a full Day One; I meant how much time has passed, in terms of "early." It's too early to judge a player because a)not everyone has posted and b)it's only been an hour and a half since the game started. I should have clarified a bit more. I'm not saying new players shouldn't be lynched on Day One, or even be titled a lynch candidate. I'm just saying we have no hint on how these new players are acting and we should wait until they post more and contribute, not to skip them in the scum hunt.

1. MissNoodle (semi-inactive)
2. pallycake
3. Kuma
4. Farobi (semi-inactive)

And as for the new players this game:
1. Feloreena
2. Yui Z
3. Sataric

So I'm going to start off as using this as a reference. (I've also added Farobi to the list because he can be quite inactive.)

There are two people here who are probably on all of our minds right now because of their behaviour in past games.

1. ITookYourWaffles
2. PurplPanda
3. MrKissToeFur (pretty much only applies if you were/are in cult mafia)

Out of the inactive players, most of us have gotten to know how they play over the past few games, and some of them really aren't that inactive behind the scenes, it just seems to depend. I'm going to say that lynching a typical inactive this early is not really a good idea, at least in my opinion, until they've at least been given a chance to play and try.

As for the second list, they're simply just new players, we don't know what to expect from them so we need to watch out when interacting with them. I think so far Sataric has shown that he's at least trying and seems to be pretty capable of learning how this all works, which is a good and rare thing for a new players.

For the third list, I personally believe one of the first two should have been WotC'd instead of Cory. As you know, ITYW generally just posts one-liners once in a while to attack "weaker" players and doesn't really do much to help town. As we know, he recently gave up in a game when he was scum. If he's on an enemy team, it's probably a good thing.

Honestly PurplPanda has been given multiple chances to prove that he's willing to actually play the game and help town. Yet in every game he's given a chance, he refuses to defend himself and pretty much gives up early on in the game. He also benefits little to nothing throughout most games by posting uninformative one-liners that make us all angry rather than help us lynch scum.

MrKisstoefur gave up quite easily in cult mafia, though to be fair he was lynched based off no proof and really didn't do anything wrong (plus it was his first game). That's really the only reason I put him on this list and think he deserves a chance to show us what he can do.

I think our day one lynch will probably end up being one of these people, but that can and will probably change. If there's anybody that you think should be a person of interest, you should bring him/her up.

BBG is right though, it's too early in terms of the hour and a half the game has been open to decide. I'd say another few hours should give everyone time to post. Then we can start looking at people and let them defend themselves.

I suppose I'll just throw this out there as for who I would consider lynching, in the scenario that we don't come up with anyone else to lynch, is MrKisstoefur. People that purposely make it look like their the bad guys always annoy me and are just a big distraction. In SP's cult mafia, didn't he "admit" defeat, making himself appear like cult? Yeah, that was annoying. (Sorry, I like you but it was :c)

I didn't mean a full Day One; I meant how much time has passed, in terms of "early." It's too early to judge a player because a)not everyone has posted and b)it's only been an hour and a half since the game started. I should have clarified a bit more. I'm not saying new players shouldn't be lynched on Day One, or even be titled a lynch candidate. I'm just saying we have no hint on how these new players are acting and we should wait until they post more and contribute, not to skip them in the scum hunt.

Then, why are you just ignoring them? Literally this is what happens every game.

"Oh, there are new players. Let's just ignore them and hope they speak up on their own. It's not like if we mention them will make them talk anymore. huehue!"

I'm sorry, but the only way that I really do to get people talking is to make it feel like they have been accused. If you have a better way to get the players talking, then go ahead. But what you're doing right now is pulling the communication away from Sataric thus allowing her to slip into quietness.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are two people here who are probably on all of our minds right now because of their behaviour in past games.

1. ITookYourWaffles

Waffles is extremely easy to catch as scum, tbh. She has a very distinct posting pattern, and when she was scum she was constantly coming to me for help asking what to say. I'm surprised no one noticed that what she responded to them with usually matched up with the way I say things. If you ever notice the way she responds to someone to be off for her, you know someone is guiding her.

even though I suck and no one listens to me anyway I would suggest, or be okay, with lynching:
-Mrkisstoefur (refer to cult mafia)

I suppose I'll just throw this out there as for who I would consider lynching, in the scenario that we don't come up with anyone else to lynch, is MrKisstoefur. People that purposely make it look like their the bad guys always annoy me and are just a big distraction. In SP's cult mafia, didn't he "admit" defeat, making himself appear like cult? Yeah, that was annoying. (Sorry, I like you but it was :c)

I love how I'm already being gangbanged by people just because of my last game. Yeah, I gave up. My bad. Sorry it was my first time playing. But it still doesn't help that half of the people who voted only bandwagon'd because everyone else did. Aka Sway and MisterNeedleMouse. Two people who HARDLY posted to begin with, let alone had no reason to vote for me whatsoever. I think it's ridiculous to base my actions this game solely on a previous game where I was pretty much ****ed as soon as I stuck up for Noodle(A player who apparently WOTC'd me for no apparent reason whatsoever).

Is there always a minimum of at least 1 of each role included in every game?

I reckon all the Horseman Roles are unique and that there's therefore a grand total of 4 people in the Horse team. Furthermore, the Servants of Hell has certain roles that probably aren't unique - Such as the Demon, and possibly the Banshee as well. And it says in the first post that "Mafia KP = 3 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)" so I assume that there is 5 or 6 people in the Hell team. That leaves approximately 21 or 22 people in the Town team. Meaning that if we decide to lynch someone at random, we are far more likely to kill a good guy than a bad one. I'd personally only find this worthwhile if I felt that he or she couldn't contribute with anything useful to the team either way. That's my 2 cents.

Ok. So I think that a player should post if they have Famine or Pestilence. This way, if a Baker or Nurse wants to protect them, they can. This will not expose the role, and it would be the Baker or Nurse's choice to protect them. This would be an effective way to save players that we believe are Town, and kill off players that we may have suspicions on.

Ok. So I think that a player should post if they have Famine or Pestilence. This way, if a Baker or Nurse wants to protect them, they can. This will not expose the role, and it would be the Baker or Nurse's choice to protect them. This would be an effective way to save players that we believe are Town, and kill off players that we may have suspicions on.

I thought players aren't told if they are suffering from famine or pestilence.

If that player has been affected by Famine, your loaf of bread will save them from starvation for that day phase (48 hours). A player will not be told if they are suffering from starvation. You and that player will only be informed if you save them from starvation.

I thought players aren't told if they are suffering from famine or pestilence.

Correct. Under the description for Baker and Nurse it says "A player will not be told if he's suffering from starvation/infection".

I love how I'm already being gangbanged by people just because of my last game. Yeah, I gave up. My bad. Sorry it was my first time playing. But it still doesn't help that half of the people who voted only bandwagon'd because everyone else did. Aka Sway and MisterNeedleMouse. Two people who HARDLY posted to begin with, let alone had no reason to vote for me whatsoever. I think it's ridiculous to base my actions this game solely on a previous game where I was pretty much ****ed as soon as I stuck up for Noodle(A player who apparently WOTC'd me for no apparent reason whatsoever).

Unfortunately, people's past behavior do have a decent effect on if their lynched, especially the first day. But so notice how I said this:
in the scenario that we don't come up with anyone else to lynch
I'm not saying we should lynch you, but as a last resort if we can't decide who to lynch because of how you played in the last game. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and see how you play this time around. <3

Oh. Well then let me edit my original post:
Ok. So I think that a player should post if they think they have Famine or Pestilence. This way, if a Baker or Nurse wants to protect them, they can. This will not expose the role, and it would be the Baker or Nurse's choice to protect them. This would be an effective way to save players that we believe are Town, and kill off players that we may have suspicions on.

Ok. So I think that a player should post if they think they have Famine or Pestilence. This way, if a Baker or Nurse wants to protect them, they can. This will not expose the role, and it would be the Baker or Nurse's choice to protect them. This would be an effective way to save players that we believe are Town, and kill off players that we may have suspicions on.

How are they to know if they think they have Famine or Pestilence? This makes no sense because you literally cant know.

It is pretty much impossible to know if you've been targeted or not. Paranoia will not win you the game. Your post makes little sense. I think that it is wiser for the Bakers and the Nurses to give their blessings to the people who seem active yet aren't acting overly shady - And of course, as soon as we get some CONFIRMED town roles revealed, those would be the targets to protect.

Literally anyone can claim to have either of those things. The only thing that bursting out that you have it would do is wasting it on someone that most likely doesn't have it. Unless someone knows for sure that they are going to have either of those two or if they are going to die, it's useless to claim it.

Ok. Ignore that, it was a stupid post. I'm going to review the OP to make sure I didn't miss any other big details.

Back