• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Mafia II: Mafia Strike Back [Game Over/Mafia Win]

I didn't really. I'm getting used to this game, Green.

This is probably obvious, but mafiaso will easily use reverse psychology on us. If they constantly shout "ROLECHECK ME DETECTIVES" and they don't, the Mafia just avoided rolechecking.

So far I don't think anyone emphasized the "Rolecheck me" thing too much but it's something to watch.

It helps them last longer because no one knows their actual role. If they are suspected but are eagerly awaiting rolechecking, I bet people will begin thinking they're innocent because they don't care about the rolechecks. It's super obvious, but extremely useful for us to look out for.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kayla did it a bit, but not like she was constantly saying for the Detectives to rolecheck her. Speaking of which, I hope they did. If not, the Detectives should hurry.

Literally had to read a hundred post worth of text, curse this game for going so fast!

Anyway, from what I can see there's been a falling out on the Mafia's part, because Mary was inactive. Good news for the town. Bad news, we already lost a town member, Dolby. Not as bad of mess up as last game, when the doctor was lynched, but still, one loss of the town narrows our numbers down. We've got to figure out a better way to find leads. This is a hint the detectives need to start investigating a little. Keep in mind, we do have the framer, and the lowly miller, and they'll likely go after stronger players to knock them out. If you're feeling threated, by all means try to get protection from the sheriff, or back up your points. Remember, the Mafia knows who all the townies are, so they don't care if you roleplay a townie. They're after the blue roles.

At the moment, Townies are mostly in the clear because they know who the Townies are, but we should really start prepping for being suspected. The Mafia will wittle us down little by little for finding the blue roles.

We lost Dolby, a green. It's better to lose a green than a blue. We couldn't have role checked him since it wasn't Night 1 by then. Like Kayla and Gandalf said, beary and all of the suspects on my list are now off. Those were just inactives, since we barely had any info to go off of. After Night 1, we might as well see who died if there was any deaths.

We lost Dolby, a green. It's better to lose a green than a blue. We couldn't have role checked him since it wasn't Night 1 by then. Like Kayla and Gandalf said, beary and all of the suspects on my list are now off. Those were just inactives, since we barely had any info to go off of. After Night 1, we might as well see who died if there was any deaths.
The mafia have 3 KP, its almost guaranteed that there will be at least one death

I guess you're right. But it's better for everyone to being ready so we can try to not lose a lot of people. Since Night is only last for about 7 more hours (rough guess) we'll have to go off of any Night deaths.

Kayla did it a bit, but not like she was constantly saying for the Detectives to role-check her. Speaking of which, I hope they did. If not, the Detectives should hurry.

That was everyone's first line for the election though. Every candidate literally said they were willing to be role-checked & that they had nothing to hide. I just pushed for it, because we need to use our Detectives to get information for us (just basing it off last game, I figured the Detectives would need an early game nudge). Their only tool is their role-checking ability & they have to use that with what they see before them in this thread. Detectives have to weed out the true Town members to form connections to gain support for when they need to take down a Mafia member. In a game with many road blocks, it's important to start searching for connections early but to keep in mind any obstacles.

That was everyone's first line for the election though. Every candidate literally said they were willing to be role-checked & that they had nothing to hide. I just pushed for it, because we need to use our Detectives to get information for us (just basing it off last game, I figured the Detectives would need an early game nudge). Their only tool is their role-checking ability & they have to use that with what they see before them in this thread. Detectives have to weed out the true Town members to form connections to gain support for when they need to take down a Mafia member. In a game with many road blocks, it's important to start searching for connections early but to keep in mind any obstacles.
True. Did any Detectives check you yet? If not, they should check you and Justin before going any further. It's crucial information.

True. Did any Detectives check you yet? If not, they should check you and Justin before going any further. It's crucial information.

It's still Night 1. Only the Detectives will receive the results of their rolecheck which will be after night ends. It's up to them what they do with the results.

Unfortunately no one will ever know, except the Detective(s) themselves. The inspections are done privately through PM (also the results are given privately) and then they have the task of having to provide the information to the Town players, without being accused themselves of being Mafia. I just want to encourage the Detectives to stay hidden right now.

Guys also keep in mind that Mafia enjoy watching people at each other's throats, because that means they can sit in the background even more quietly than they already are (Mary - although inactive .. could be others). I'm going to assume that at the moment, the Town members are the ones mostly contributing to this discussion. Since, I think, Mafia would want to be careful to ensure they don't post any slip-ups. It would be hard to watch Town members fall at the hands of other Town members .. even though sometimes it's impossible to avoid as mentioned before.

Smaller update: Bodyguard number 2 has revealed themselves. These are two names we want to keep safe & hope they will take good care of themselves, as Townies with no night abilities.

It's still Night 1. Only the Detectives will receive the results of their rolecheck which will be after night ends. It's up to them what they do with the results.

Don't forget, the Framers might, and in my opinion, would be stupid to not frame the Mayor/Sheriff tonight.

Finally done school til December and I have a chance to actually play.

So much to catch up on.

Back