• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see 9p wolfia games being incorporated into the events. Trivia is on discord. Plus Wolfia has a more casual feel to it that might attract new players to check out forum mafia.

If you guys want to band together and organise something with participation prizes yourselves you're free to do so, but right now it's very unlikely staff will lead or provide anything for it. Mafia doesn't have a wide enough appeal for us to invest time in organising, running, and moderating something like this - not to mention the backlash we'd likely get from other members of the community (there was a lot of negativity when we even opened The Cellar) for focusing on mafia rather than something everyone is interested in. Also keep in mind that Tom and I are the only staff members who actually have any interest in mafia anymore.

For the record, TBT in general has slowed down a lot. Not just mafia.
Whoa... :0 Never knew that fact about The Cellar section of the forums. Learn something new everyday.

Ah, ok. Anyone want to organize a huge tournament?

Running an event without staff assistance is gonna be hard stuff. Even if we advertise Mafia in here, I feel that 1) we would not attract a big enough audience or 2) not many people know what Mafia is or have the time dedication. What I mean is that most of the active players on the forums in general are AC:NL traders, and I’m 99.95% sure that they wouldn’t be interested in something as tough as mafia. Even if they were interested, a tournament would be quite a lot of pressure for Newbies.
Oh well, it’s sad to see that TBT has slowed down.
Time goes away fast, and so does interest in games unfortunately. ;c

I can see 9p wolfia games being incorporated into the events. Trivia is on discord. Plus Wolfia has a more casual feel to it that might attract new players to check out forum mafia.

Hmm... I like this idea. It doesn’t seem to be too heavy on Newbies if we were to introduce it.
The problem is, how would we advertise a small, newly added game?

Last edited:
Something I could see atleast helping activity up a little bit would be to host Wolfia game nights on weekends. Could be a hoot if you ask me.

I wouldn't suggest hosting the wolfia games on the TBT Mafia server though, that's more for chatting and game announcements. I would start a new server for TBT Wolfia but I dunno if anyone would want to play in it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and that does remind me: I've recently become more active over on the SCP Foundation website and I've made some buddies over there that are interested in mafia. Maybe we could combine the TBT Mafia community with some people over there and host wolfia game nights.

Something I could see atleast helping activity up a little bit would be to host Wolfia game nights on weekends. Could be a hoot if you ask me.

I wouldn't suggest hosting the wolfia games on the TBT Mafia server though, that's more for chatting and game announcements. I would start a new server for TBT Wolfia but I dunno if anyone would want to play in it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and that does remind me: I've recently become more active over on the SCP Foundation website and I've made some buddies over there that are interested in mafia. Maybe we could combine the TBT Mafia community with some people over there and host wolfia game nights.

honestly that sounds like a good idea i might not be able i do it cos timezones but its worth considering

I'm not saying you did but why would Tom lie about something like that?

Maybe he's inferring that if the mods couldn't find out who did it for whatever reason, they would think Punchy did it himself? Which I'm sure is not the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back