• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tanning beds!

this discussion will only lead into fights and arguments.... better just leave intend to decide rather than butting heads. And an example - animalcrossingconfessions , there are so much suggestions, arguments. lol

Last edited:
I don't really like the idea of a tanning bed being put in to Shampoodles, but maybe an area where you can get a (permanent) spray on!!

They should make it so that your character has the same skin color as your favorite Mii. I don't think there should be a tanning bed because they can cause skin cancer in real life, and the game shouldn't be encouraging that.
On second thought. Maybe the regular tanning should be kept as is. Cause tanning can't be kept forever you know.

I agree. The only things I'd change in this game is how you can see your villager's shadow in the water under the bridges, the max. capacity for designs, and the way tiles are placed and how they look around buildings

I've always been a fan of the idea Katie is there instead of Rover, and she asks you to pick crayons in order to determine your skin colour/eyes/hair :). Definitely not tanning beds though, that could promote some dangerous addictions!

I like this idea. Like you could have Katie or someone else holding a sketchbook and trying to draw you, and she asks you which colors would be best.

I totally agree! that could be so awesome, even as a home furniture item. at first i thought it was a bit racist that you can only be white, but then i remembered that its a japanese game, so the characters are designed to look japanese.. but tanning beds could be so cool!

it would be weird to ask:are you black or white.

its gonna cause a lot of arguments, just saying and a lot of racism things C:

Mm... I disagree with a lot of this
Sure, Tanning beds in the real world cause cancer
But it's not like the game promotes children and older to go out and catch sharks and fit them in their pockets whole
Or talk to animals
I'm assuming anybody who can play this game and understand it would know that tanning beds can cause injury, like everything else. I do not believe someone would go into excessive tanning mode off of a game. What you guys are saying is that if they put in a tanning bed, it's automatically displaying a dangerous act to players, influencing them to do that damgerous act? Why, eating fruit can make you choke. Should they take that out?
Tripping can lead to serious injury
Should that be removed too?
I don't know. That's just my thought on this subject.

I completely agree with this. Right now you have to spend days on the island, and being in direct sunlight is dangerous too. I was implying the idea of a tanning bed, or what they would refer to as a tanning salon with a little booth. It would tan you how you want but it wouldn't get into detail about spray ons or anything. I thought it would be better since some people's skin tone changes through the year. And animal crossing is a pretty simple game, the idea of Katie asking or a photo or mirror is great but that is to complex for a game like this.

And I think people need to remember this is simply about a better way to get a tan or an easier way than just going to the island and standing in the sun. No one should make an racist remarks nor should this post be racism in any way. *sigh*

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't been on other forums so didn't think this would be arguments. But shampoodle already let's you change your hair color and eye color.

You can either be one of those people who sees it as promoting kids they can be someone else and want colored contacts/to put chemicals in their hair to dye it

Or someone who sees it as a cute way to personalise your character. But if it's going to cause fights then no one should post on this anymore ><

Honestly, they really should just provide the option to create your Avatar at the beginning. You should have basic choices like gender, skin tone, and face leaving more options like hair style, color, and makeup for Shampoodles later. The quiz is cute, but most people use a face guide to get what they want anyhoo.

i mean, i'm just saying as someone who is partially japanese... japanese people aren't always pale (i definitely am not pale when i have a regular healthy dose of Vitamin D3 during the summer from walking/gardening/etc), so the "well it's a japanese game so pale skin blah blah" is not really applicable

...like, not to mention that many popular styles and fashionistas prefer darker skin (hip-hop, banba, many other forms of gyaru), and that Miss Universe Japan is half black half japanese (definitely really REALLY not pale)
like...

i don't necessarily think we need tanning beds
i think it's time for the AC franchise to catch up to the Story of Seasons franchise at the very least and stop implementing european beauty standards in pixel form (we have enough little girls bleaching their skin with cosmetics and walking around with umbrellas in broad daylight) and just let people choose tanner/darker skin tones

...BUT, if they don't step up their game anytime soon, i would love to have a tanning bed so that tanning does not require as much effort

Last edited:
Next Animal Crossing you should be able to pick your appearance, hair/skin/eyes etc. You could even have an option with freckles, that would be cool.

No tanning beds. Putting a tanning bed in to change your skin color... to me that's like putting cigarettes in the game to make your character wrinkly or something. It would bother me.

edited to add- an albinistic/albino option would be cool as well. Have a feeling people would use it to make "vampire" characters though!

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of the idea Katie is there instead of Rover, and she asks you to pick crayons in order to determine your skin colour/eyes/hair :). Definitely not tanning beds though, that could promote some dangerous addictions!

i dont really mind the tanning beds, but the katie idea is totally fitting and cute! and it'd make for some cute dialogue when katie visits your town!

Well they did add skin colour in Happy Home Designer, but that sounds amazing

Back