Giveaway Taking a request or two! - Winners chosen

I know you are not a fan of skimpy stuff but I just wanted to post a ref of my character here just so you can tell me what you think and if that doesn't work,I have a few head shots we can try something else if that dosent work for you?

Thanks

Ahh I'm so sorry, I'm afraid I'm not looking to draw aliens/non humans this time (not good at drawing them haha). If you have any humanoid characters, I'd love to hear your suggestion though! :blush:

Whew, finally finished with this study @_@
1ZdItOZ.png

Didn't keep track of time, but it clocked somewhere around 20 hours. Learned a lot too! On to my next assignments...

Also this will close in about 40 mins! After that I announce the winner(s) sometimes tonight or tomorrow. Gotta think hard, so much amazing characters to choose from!

@Misti: Thank you Misti, glad you liked them! :blush:

@Venice: No problem, my pleasure! I love your characters :D

WHAAAAT that scenery is astounding! :O I love the soft colors you used, it feels like a calm and serene painting I'd never get tired of looking at *o* (and I love sceneries with bodies of water, they feel so refreshing) ^^

Aaand it?s closed now! Thank you for your interests, I?m pretty sure I?ll pick two requests since the ideas are all so amazing hahah. I?ll announce the characters sometimes tonight or tomorrow :blush:

I'll probably still do more sketches until Tuesday, there are some characters that I'm dying to draw lol. Please do check back later!

@skarmoury: Ahh thank you, glad you liked the study! I recently learned about colour theory so it was nice to finally put it into practice. There are some things I'd still love to refine, probably someday when I got the time :p Thanks again! :blush:

I forgot to mention but Aoo links are broken when you putted them under your request spoiler.
image_by_zujina-da4v9mu.png

Ahh wow, just wanna say I'm really in love with your art xD
I'm a big fan of realistic stuff, and these are just gorgeous haha

3C6M5tC.png

All right… I’ve made up my mind. It was extremely hard to choose just two of them, but here are my picks…

Lilliee’s Miu
GRF9OAB.png

&

Gamzee’s Udi
WO73Exz.png

Again, thank you very much for all your interests, I had a blast seeing and learning more about everyone’s suggestions! They really inspired me to improve my own OCs ♥

I know my preferences are somewhat niche and specific, so again, thank you for humoring me. I hope you had as much fun as I do! I'll probably do something like this again in the future since this one was a blast.

As I mentioned before I’ll still continue doing sketches and chibis for a few days, do check back ocassionally, and I’ll also send VM if I happen to sketch yours :blush:

@Lilliee and Gamzee, I’ll sketch the characters as soon as I can, and I’ll pm you the wips once they’re ready :blush:

3C6M5tC.png

Below are my replies to previous comments, sorry for taking a while! Been busy in the last couple of days ><

@Seroja: Hahahah me too, I’ve heard about his brushes for about two years. Not sure what held me off from buying for so long, but I’m totally loving the brushes, they’re so amazing *_* Oh wow new tablet? Congrats! What tablet is it? :D Tablet does take a while to get used to, but they’re really handy after that. I don’t use mouse anymore now lol. I’d love to see your drawings :blush:

@Kairi-Kitten: Haha don't worry about it! I've been on and off here as well ;v; So sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, especially with bad weather :c hope you feel better now!

Hnng I agree, Kyukon is definitely so amazing at designing characters. I've seen her designs around and I'm always drooling when I see them lol. Both Ookami and Kion are definitely no exception, they're definitely absolutely gorgeous. I don’t do much with characters other than my main 4 OCs, so I never really bought adopts since they’ll be wasted on me haha. I love to see pretty designs around though ♥

And don't worry about Australian spiders, during my 8 years stay here I've only encountered one big spider... Still scary though lol [/nothelping]

And glad you liked the sketch, even enough to make it your new avatar! ;v; Kion only looks dashing because his original design is dashing ;)

Are your OCs from Fushigi Yuugi universe? I used to read it when I was younger and your OCs bring back memories!

@Lilliee: Hnngg good luck with the exams! Reminds me when I was in uni, they’re no fun >.< Enjoy the holiday afterwards *u* Yeees I hate when that happens too, so annoying! I forgot to bring umbrella as well hahah. I looked at the weather forecast and it seems there is going to be a lot of drizzle this week >.> Tram and trains are usually so crowded when it's raining too! ;.;

I'm actually the opposite lol, I tried SAI long ago and can't get used to the interface at all for some reason... so I sticked with Photoshop. Sounds like SAI is widely used though! Please teach me SAI senpai OTL

It’s just the mark someone has when they’re in your friend list. For example if I see you online around the forum, it’ll be displayed as Lilliee+. I just think it’s neat lol *shot*

@chelsaurus: Yes me too, there were some art classes in my high school days but it was mostly... useless. We didn't get taught the foundation at all, only whatever random things tickled the teacher's fancy I guess @_@ But it's awesome that you got to make 3d stuffs though! From what I remember in my school class, we did some carved soap, fabric painting, marker drawing, all those weird stuff @_@;

Oh that's a nice tablet, and it's great that you're used to it already! It took me about a year until I can comfortably draw using tablet, haha ;.; I've never heard about medibang before... is it good?

Hmm, colour is pretty complex, but from what I learned these two are some of the most important things to consider before starting colouring anything:
1. Value. It is the lights and darks of colours; the black, white, and all the grays in between. Value is what actually create the illusion of light and form, rather than colours.
(better reading about values <01> <02>)
It is very useful to help you determine which elements and / or lighting.
For example, say you want to have fire and fireflies in a same picture. Obviously you don’t want to make the fire to have the same value as fireflies, or worse dimmer than the fireflies. The fire’s light should be stronger than fireflies, and in turn the fire has lighter value than fireflies.
I often see values neglected in drawings and paintings, and it can really kill the overall atmosphere and clarity, making pictures really flat. I was a victim of this too haha Q.Q

2. Limit the colour palette you use. It’s generally a good idea to use two or three shades of colours in a paintings, rather than trying to use all colours in the spectrum. They actually look more realistic and harmonic! For example, this painting below:
DQSSccM.jpg

It may appear that it’s colourful; there seem to be blue, yellow, green, and violet. However, it actually only consisted of two colours, red and orange. The painter used different shades of orange and red to create illusion of other colours.

How did he do that? It’s actually by using near-grey tint of those red and orange. When combined with warm colours, near-grey tint of said colours actually look a lot cooler, creating illusion that they’re different colours.
Whew I hope any of that makes sense. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have any question :blush: I'd love to see your drawings as well! Sorry for the even longer reply hhhh

@Gamzee: Whoops sorry I didn't realise I messed the link up x.x Thanks for the link! As I mentioned before I'd love to sketch Aoo :blush:

@Nightmares: Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed them! Realism is just so much fun to do haha :blush: Do you draw realism as well?

Last edited:
Ooh , such nice picks, Laudine! Congrats to both of you~ and thank you again for the beautiful sketch you made of Haku! I very much appreciate it !

tumblr_o04wucVPzD1t33d6lo1_500.gif

I'm surprised to be pick orz thank you so much~ it's a honor!
I'm on my phone and I can't type much since I'm a horrible texter.

3C6M5tC.png

All right… I’ve made up my mind. It was extremely hard to choose just two of them, but here are my picks…

Lilliee’s Miu
GRF9OAB.png

&

Gamzee’s Udi
WO73Exz.png

Again, thank you very much for all your interests, I had a blast seeing and learning more about everyone’s suggestions! They really inspired me to improve my own OCs ♥

I know my preferences are somewhat niche and specific, so again, thank you for humoring me. I hope you had as much fun as I do! I'll probably do something like this again in the future since this one was a blast.

As I mentioned before I’ll still continue doing sketches and chibis for a few days, do check back ocassionally, and I’ll also send VM if I happen to sketch yours :blush:

@Lilliee and Gamzee, I’ll sketch the characters as soon as I can, and I’ll pm you the wips once they’re ready :blush:

3C6M5tC.png

Below are my replies to previous comments, sorry for taking a while! Been busy in the last couple of days ><

@Seroja: Hahahah me too, I’ve heard about his brushes for about two years. Not sure what held me off from buying for so long, but I’m totally loving the brushes, they’re so amazing *_* Oh wow new tablet? Congrats! What tablet is it? :D Tablet does take a while to get used to, but they’re really handy after that. I don’t use mouse anymore now lol. I’d love to see your drawings :blush:

@Kairi-Kitten: Haha don't worry about it! I've been on and off here as well ;v; So sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, especially with bad weather :c hope you feel better now!

Hnng I agree, Kyukon is definitely so amazing at designing characters. I've seen her designs around and I'm always drooling when I see them lol. Both Ookami and Kion are definitely no exception, they're definitely absolutely gorgeous. I don’t do much with characters other than my main 4 OCs, so I never really bought adopts since they’ll be wasted on me haha. I love to see pretty designs around though ♥

And don't worry about Australian spiders, during my 8 years stay here I've only encountered one big spider... Still scary though lol [/nothelping]

And glad you liked the sketch, even enough to make it your new avatar! ;v; Kion only looks dashing because his original design is dashing ;)

Are your OCs from Fushigi Yuugi universe? I used to read it when I was younger and your OCs bring back memories!

@Lilliee: Hnngg good luck with the exams! Reminds me when I was in uni, they’re no fun >.< Enjoy the holiday afterwards *u* Yeees I hate when that happens too, so annoying! I forgot to bring umbrella as well hahah. I looked at the weather forecast and it seems there is going to be a lot of drizzle this week >.> Tram and trains are usually so crowded when it's raining too! ;.;

I'm actually the opposite lol, I tried SAI long ago and can't get used to the interface at all for some reason... so I sticked with Photoshop. Sounds like SAI is widely used though! Please teach me SAI senpai OTL

It’s just the mark someone has when they’re in your friend list. For example if I see you online around the forum, it’ll be displayed as Lilliee+. I just think it’s neat lol *shot*

@chelsaurus: Yes me too, there were some art classes in my high school days but it was mostly... useless. We didn't get taught the foundation at all, only whatever random things tickled the teacher's fancy I guess @_@ But it's awesome that you got to make 3d stuffs though! From what I remember in my school class, we did some carved soap, fabric painting, marker drawing, all those weird stuff @_@;

Oh that's a nice tablet, and it's great that you're used to it already! It took me about a year until I can comfortably draw using tablet, haha ;.; I've never heard about medibang before... is it good?

Hmm, colour is pretty complex, but from what I learned these two are some of the most important things to consider before starting colouring anything:
1. Value. It is the lights and darks of colours; the black, white, and all the grays in between. Value is what actually create the illusion of light and form, rather than colours.
For example, say you want to have fire and fireflies in a same picture. Obviously you don’t want to make the fire to have the same value as fireflies, or worse dimmer than the fireflies. The fire’s light should be stronger than fireflies, and in turn the fire has lighter value than fireflies.
I often see values neglected in drawings and paintings, and it can really kill the overall atmosphere and clarity, making pictures really flat. I was a victim of this too haha Q.Q

2. Limit the colour palette you use. It’s generally a good idea to use two or three shades of colours in a paintings, rather than trying to use all colours in the spectrum. They actually look more realistic and harmonic! For example, this painting below:
DQSSccM.jpg

It may appear that it’s colourful; there seem to be blue, yellow, green, and violet. However, it actually only consisted of two colours, red and orange. The painter used different shades of orange and red to create illusion of other colours.

How did he do that? It’s actually by using near-grey tint of those red and orange. When combined with warm colours, near-grey tint of said colours actually look a lot cooler, creating illusion that they’re different colours.
Whew I hope any of that makes sense. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have any question :blush: I'd love to see your drawings as well! Sorry for the even longer reply hhhh

@Gamzee: Whoops sorry I didn't realise I messed the link up x.x Thanks for the link! As I mentioned before I'd love to sketch Aoo :blush:

@Nightmares: Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed them! Realism is just so much fun to do haha :blush: Do you draw realism as well?

Congrats! ^-^

And noo....I would love to, but it's too hard aha. Super jealous xD

3C6M5tC.png

All right? I?ve made up my mind. It was extremely hard to choose just two of them, but here are my picks?

Lilliee?s Miu & Gamzee?s Udi

Again, thank you very much for all your interests, I had a blast seeing and learning more about everyone?s suggestions! They really inspired me to improve my own OCs ♥

As I mentioned before I?ll still continue doing sketches and chibis for a few days, do check back ocassionally, and I?ll also send VM if I happen to sketch yours :blush:

@Lilliee and Gamzee, I?ll sketch the characters as soon as I can, and I?ll pm you the wips once they?re ready :blush:

@Lilliee: Hnngg good luck with the exams! Reminds me when I was in uni, they?re no fun >.< Enjoy the holiday afterwards *u* Yeees I hate when that happens too, so annoying! I forgot to bring umbrella as well hahah. I looked at the weather forecast and it seems there is going to be a lot of drizzle this week >.> Tram and trains are usually so crowded when it's raining too! ;.;

It?s just the mark someone has when they?re in your friend list. For example if I see you online around the forum, it?ll be displayed as Lilliee+. I just think it?s neat lol *shot*

ahhhHHh ; v ; / Thank you so much for the pick! (such an honour asafdfgn)
I took a break from studying and saw this, I'm speechless! Thank you uwu
Please take your time ehe -- // and thanks for the luck ww -- I'll need it TwT /currently dying

It won't be sunny until next monday TwT, and even then I won't believe the weather LOL
trains and trams are crowded regardless I found, i hate peak hour so much.
sometimes I'll eat out just so I can avoid peak hour 8')
and driving in the city makes me so anxious lol so i gotta take PT

SAI is widely used 'cos of it's pressure and it's beginner friendly? I guess if you've been using photoshop - SAI is really weird lmao. it's really customizable but I have friends who say painterly styles work best on photoshop ??

currently a sleep deprived uni student and i thought u typed gai sempai IM LAUGHING
0715a293da719379d08ba393d319f441.png
and om g wow that's pretty neat, but I've set my settings to invisible 8'D welp

Can't wait to see what you do with those, your art is so gorgeous <3

0AvGmVR.png

For Chelsaurus! I'm so in love with her design ^//^ I plan to do at one or two normal sketches after this!

@Gamzee: No no, thank you for allowing me to draw Udi! He is so fabulous and I know I'll have a blast drawing him. I'll get back to you with the sketch soon :blush: And cute gif haha!

@Hatori: Don't mention it, I'm so happy that you liked my sketch of Haku! I'd love to draw him again sometimes :blush:

@Lilliee: Ahh no I'm the one honoured that I can draw her! She has such a pretty design and I'm dying every time I see her *dies*

Yess the peak hours are a pain as well, especially on trams! Almost all the time they're so packed you can barely stand, and even worse when it's raining x_x Go away winter, I'm so ready for spring or summer lol. It's great that we have a long weekend this week though, do you get day off from class as well?

Ohh I see, from what I heard SAI produces a lot smoother line than Photoshop? Haha yes the tools and layouts confuse me, and I'm too lazy to learn it *gets shot* Is it possible to make painterly custom brushes like Photoshop is SAI? This question shows that I have zero knowledge in SAI hahahh

And LOL I completely forgot that Gai existed, that poor guy. Yes Gai-senpai please teach me your SAI knowledgeee xD

@Pokemanz: Thank you so much, you're too kind! :blush: I'm definitely so excited to draw those two, they got gorgeous design *u* *swoons*

=@Pokemanz: Thank you so much, you're too kind! :blush: I'm definitely so excited to draw those two, they got gorgeous design *u* *swoons*

My pleasure :blush:
And yes they are both gorgeous, I wish my characters were that nice. I just feel like they're so boring and plain. But they're from my semi-realistic novel so they're supposed to be, but still. They don't get many design compliments ;u;

I'm glad you'll have a blast drawing him. I'm always indecisive when it comes for me to pick a character to get drawn. I always second-guess if they're going to be too boring or ordinary orz, especially since I have a particular taste in clothing and how my characters present themselves. So when you had specific taste I was like
1453267635-9a102fdd85575a56b7d34ff424c30870.gif

but I'm glad you liked them orz

you picked such wonderful characters! I look forward to see your beautiful work uwuwuwu

anyway yesss, I finally got my drawing tablet last Saturday and have been drawing everyday. I'm quite surprised at how easy it is to use though, I'm glad <3 I started my art practice thread on Sunday and you can find some of my works there [x]. I'm pretty excited to learn and try new techniques! I feel liberated lol, drawing with a mouse was doing nothing for me :/

and yesss Kyle's brushes are superr, they're worth every penny ;A;

@Hyogo: Hahah I'm not so gifted on the art of puns, so I always appreciate nice puns xD Doesn't help that English is not my first language

That sounds great, is it going to be a gaming PC? Haha yes my priority is to get a new tablet, so new PC have to wait for now x.x

Feel free to request! Corrin looks really fun to draw, he got an awesome armor design. I think he's my favourite FE main character so far, design wise *-*
eeeeee! Didn't see this! '3'

Yes I plan to get a gaming PC, nothing too expensive though, just to have enough to play stuff great (8GB RAM w/ 64 Bit would be ideal)

And ooooh glad you agree, I didn't see Corrin before Smash but his design is just so nice!!
I think it's too late to post something now tho lmaooo!!

For example, say you want to have fire and fireflies in a same picture. Obviously you don?t want to make the fire to have the same value as fireflies, or worse dimmer than the fireflies. The fire?s light should be stronger than fireflies, and in turn the fire has lighter value than fireflies.

2. Limit the colour palette you use. It?s generally a good idea to use two or three shades of colours in a paintings, rather than trying to use all colours in the spectrum. They actually look more realistic and harmonic! For example, this painting below:
DQSSccM.jpg

It may appear that it?s colourful; there seem to be blue, yellow, green, and violet. However, it actually only consisted of two colours, red and orange. The painter used different shades of orange and red to create illusion of other colours.

How did he do that? It?s actually by using near-grey tint of those red and orange. When combined with warm colours, near-grey tint of said colours actually look a lot cooler, creating illusion that they?re different colours.

Congrats Gamzee and Lillie!! Both really good design characters

Oh wow that is really weird stuff!! Carving soap? lol! I hope you didnt have wet hands whilst doing that- slippy business! aha
Its good for a free program I suppose- but some of the tools don't exactly do exactly what they are suppose to do. But I suppose its a good start- better than paint

Thank you for all the information! I really do appreciate it. It does make sense actually! Ill save that to a document so I have it handy!
Shading and that is a big weakness of mine aha I suppose practice makes perfect. And I didnt think about number 2! That is actually really cool, Ill have to defo keep that in mind. Hopefully Ill be able to catch a class on colouring or something

Thank you! You'll regret saying that when you log in and see about 100 messages from me lol!

And thanks again for the chibi drawing! Shes adorable!!

Back