Switch busted - lost all progress

GameFaceClive

Bells
Switch
6214-9926-3989
I was running up a flight of stairs earlier and my switch fell out of my bag. I have a backpack which can unzip at the sides and I guess I didn't notice it wasn't secure. Anyway, it slipped out and hit the concrete steps all the way to the bottom. My switch is totally busted and won't even turn on anymore.

I'd just gotten the 1st camper and finally completed my fishing roster for March. My last catch yesterday was the damn stringfish. I made over a million bells from daily catching fish/bugs and I had 40k nook miles waiting to be used. It's only been a little over a week but I've put in about 8-10hrs daily since launch, so it's really sucky to lose all that progress.

I suppose I'll start looking at getting a used switch lite so I can restart.

Anyway, I just needed to rant a little. I know this is not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things and I'll probably look back at this one day with wistfulness at my carelessness. But for now, I do feel kinda sore.

Thanks for reading.

Contact Nintendo support! They provide services that can retrieve lost data for situations exactly like this! Good luck, man!

I lost my original New Leaf cartridge at school, after having completed my dream town and logged in over 800 hours. So as far as losing progress, I feel you. The bright side is you’ll be back where you were in no time, even if you might not think so right now!

I'm so sorry this happened to you :( but I think everything happens for a reason! Maybe you were going to be spending too much time on Animal Crossing rather than something else important in your life right now? You never know what the universe has in store for you!

I suggest

A) restart your island (since everything happens for a reason). If you need any help I gotcha (= I can donate the five fruit and give you some stuff to play a little catch up! (those pesky 30 iron nuggets) but the beauty of this game is the fact that even if you restart it's still pretty flexible!

Plan B) Contact Nintendo and retrieve the lost data is most likely also an option at this point

For flowers I can give you Lillies Hyacinths and Mums ~

I’m so sorry to hear that!
Hopefully Nintendo are able to help in some way, otherwise I hope you’re able to get back up to speed quickly!

They confirmed in the direct that you can request for your saved data. :) You may ask Nintendo how.

Sorry man. eBay has a bit of switches available, normal ones. Hope you get your data back. :<

Dang, that's really some bad luck;; I'm sorry to hear that, but as others says, try contact Nintendo and see if your data can be retrieved. It's worth a shot. And maybe get a soft case for your new Switch.

Man that does suck. Sorry that happened. Hopefully if you contact Nintendo they can recover your progress.

Back