Starting from scratch.

Mayor Scout

The loony mayor of Oracle
Bells
Okay, so before I go into what happened, here's some background info in a really simple list form b/c I tend to ramble ok so:

--> Last week I decided to reset so I dropped my things off on a really nice person's beach
--> I reset my town, collected my things, etc.
--> Things were going pretty well- I hated most of my villagers but everything else was perfect.
--> I was in the beginning of landscaping, so trees had been cut down, paths laid, flowers arranged.

Then, yesterday, BOOM! A wild toddler appears! My son was coming over to investigate what I was doing on my ds. He likes to watch me play ACNL because of all the animals and the funny voices, etc. But yeah he uh.. he pushed on my cartridge while I was playing and ejected the game. I get on, and my save file is corrupted. I don't blame him obviously- he's 19 months old and discovering the world around him, but I was SO upset that I lost all my stuff. Flowers. Crown. Hairbow wig/masquerade mask/fairy tale dress outfit that I've worn in game for the last month.

But now that I've slept on it, I think it could be a pretty good opportunity. I'm still upset about my stuff so I can take a few days to reset over and over until I find a town with everything I want. Once I find my new town I can start from scratch. It's going to be nice working towards new shops and upgrades, placing PWPs, and making bells. I can do the things that I felt I messed up on last time- like not donating things the first time and not bothering with Redd or Katrina. I can keep my town path-free until the grass changes and start my house over from scratch and I think it'll be like a brand new game.

So now I'm all inspired!

That's a good way to look at things.
I think it would be cool to actually think about things and pick a map you like.
I just rushed into the game, so I didnt think much about my map. I figured skipping past the first one, but choosing the second was a good idea.
xD My map isn't too bad though.

I wish you luck with rebuilding your town.

I think I would just rage-quit if that ever happened to me.

Last edited:
I wish you luck with rebuilding your town.

I think I would just rage-quit if that ever happened to me.

I considered it, haha. I took a few hours, killed a bunch of stuff on Skyrim, and took some deep breaths and tried to look at it with fresh eyes. I think it helps that someone is going to let me catalogue their crown and kiddie set.

YAY I'm happy you're okay with it

I think I have the masquerade mask if you want it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and a crown you can have ^-^

Ugh, that's awful but I agree that it's a great opportunity. Friends gave me a second town as a gift and it's been so much fun doing things differently -- I love my main town, but having experience made a huge difference in how I played and made it a lot more fun. I have a way better map; my campsite is 1000x better; I'm skipping a load of PWPs I don't need in this town (like the roost) -- the new town has more of a story AND I am way more relaxed about villagers and where they plop their houses. A few things are annoying to redo (the Museum, for example) but a fresh start has been really cool.

That's a good way to see it! It's good your son did that, or else you would've just did everything quickly and already have everything to begin with.

That's a good way to see it! It's good your son did that, or else you would've just did everything quickly and already have everything to begin with.

I wouldnt necessarily call it "good". But yeah tbh it's taking forever for my friend to hold all my items before i reset haha. I'm not too big on the game anymore anyways, just for the online experiences + villagers :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

and the items and the bells etc

What a great attitude! I do think starting a new town can be fun and refreshing. Your son is at a great age, so many things to discover, so many questions to be answered, every single day! :)

If you wish you can come over to my town to pick up all the fruits you need, I can also give you a fairytale dress. Then your outfit will be complete again!

It's a good way to start fresh & good thing for Skyrim so that way you could blow off some steam. I like how everyone comes together and helps out when something like this happens :)

Colleen, if you ever need any help regaining some of your lost furniture, you can always ask. I think you have the right attitude about it though! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun rebuilding!

Thank you everyone for your support/kindness! Those of you who offered fruit and other things, I'll send you a PM when I have my town up and running. I'm currently still resetting and being really picky this time around because why not? Thanks to everyone.

And about my son- he is the best age. He's so sweet and curious about everything! His favorite villagers are the monkeys- he laughs so hard! Which works out, because Simon is my only real dreamie haha. He is actually usually the path mule/side character in my town so he'll be in Oracle too!

wow good for you to be alble to look at it that way. I have been thinking of starting all over again once AC nl is fully playd.

Back