• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SPOILERS AHEAD - The Walking Dead Season 7 Premiere

Discord

Chaotic Demon
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Well hot diddly damn was that an amazing way to start off the new season! I was on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the episode and was put into tears when we got to the scene who Negan killed.

I was thinking that Negan was going to kill
Abraham and then he kills Glenn
and it seems like I was right. But holy hell was that scene brutal, AMC wasn't scared to show all that carnage on camera.

Abraham dying was pretty shocking, even if Denise died the way he was supposed to die it was still unexpected either way. I thought that would be it and Lucille only wanted a pint of Ginger Ale, but it seems like she was hungry for Chinese Food as Negan goes ahead and hits Glenn the moment when we least expect it. The episode did a way better job than the comic (Volume #18, Issue #100) with the special effects, plot, dialogue, and JDM knocking it straight out the ballpark with his performance of Negan.

Trying to make Rick chop off Carl's was even more heartbreaking and horrible as I thought he was going to do it, but I let out a breath of relief once I found out that he wasn't going to do it.

Anyways, what did you think of last night's episode?

I haven't been watching it. I actually don't know anything about this show. I played the first part of the video game series, but that's all. I seen a lot of ads for it and it looks pretty neat.

I kinda am starting to lost interest in the show. Seems like they're doing the same things each season. Just making it a little more brutal each season.

I liked it. Honestly, I don't think who Negan killed was unexpected, they couldn't just kill Abraham and leave it at that, considering he wasn't really a "main" or well loved character so to speak, someone else had to die, and no thanks to Daryl (sigh) that happened.

It was a very tense episode, Rick almost chopping off Carl's arm had me.

I've found the last few seasons slightly lacking in comparison to earlier seasons, but this seems like a good start to the season, and based on what else'll be coming, I think this season is going to be pretty good. I still need to read the comics.

I liked it. Honestly, I don't think who Negan killed was unexpected, they couldn't just kill Abraham and leave it at that, considering he wasn't really a "main" or well loved character so to speak, someone else had to die, and no thanks to Daryl (sigh) that happened.

It was a very tense episode, Rick almost chopping off Carl's arm had me.

I've found the last few seasons slightly lacking in comparison to earlier seasons, but this seems like a good start to the season, and based on what else'll be coming, I think this season is going to be pretty good. I still need to read the comics.
I'm pretty hyped that we're going to see King Ezekiel, Richard, Shiva, and The Kingdom in the TV Show since I've been attached to them after reading the Issue (105 I think?) they appeared in.

I thought it was a pretty good episode to start of the season. Gotta admit though, after last season, I read some of the graphic novel because I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen. So even though I knew what was coming I was still on edge watching last night's episode!
It was really hard watching the part about the arm.. tough decision for a parent to have to make.
I also didn't really like the ending, found it a little too dramatic and dragging.. sorry Maggie. xD

I knew who the victims would be (thanks, Spoiling Dead!), and I knew it'd be brutal, but I still wasn't prepared.

When Glenn told Maggie, "I'll find you", that completely ruined me.

And then that "dream sequence" delivered the killing blow to all my feels.

I completely agreed with Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Talking Dead; if it weren't for Daryl, Glenn would still be alive.

I just wish the writers and execs would grow the balls to kill off Daryl.

Before watching the episode last night I came across some speculation articles that stated there'd be two deaths in the s7 premiere, so I expected that, and the top two death predictions were Abraham and Glenn, so I kinda knew they would be the ones to get Lucille'd. Bottom line, I thought I was prepared- but no. Seeing it actually happen was SO devastating. Glenn's one of my favorite characters, so realizing that his death was pretty much avoidable but seeing him get killed anyway just felt terrible.

While on that topic, I'm really relieved I haven't seen any Daryl apologists in this thread yet. I mean, yeah, Negan was the one who killed Glenn, but there's no denying the fact that Daryl punching him in the face triggered it, lmao. I don't hate Daryl by any means, but you gotta admit he absolutely screwed up there, and I'm still bitter about the whole thing.

Apparently 76% of polled fans don't blame Daryl for Glenn's death (statistics from the Talking Dead), although I can't help but feel that if Daryl and Glenn's roles were reversed people would be SO QUICK to pin blame.
But anyway, on a more hopeful note, there are some things to look forward to this season. I'm especially excited to see more of Jesus and for King Ezekiel to be introduced!

Last edited:
i thought it was bull****. after what happened to glenn last season with his near death experience, i kinda wish they had killed him off then. it's a shame they had to give glenn such a gruesome death in order for maggie's character to develop. sorta cheap, but i guess if you're into that. there goes the only bit of asian representation on that show! i'll miss steven yeun as glenn.

as for daryl, it was completely his fault. I'm a fan of his character, but it's hard to dispute it. negan clearly said he would shut that **** down if anyone tries anything, and there daryl goes, trying something after negan displayed just how far he's willing to go. the writing doesn't convince me here. i'll probably still watch but I'm honestly not that excited for the rest of this season

Last edited:
If you know the comics then you know Glenn dies, but I am so upset that Abraham died. I wanted him to start a family with Sasha. He wanted it so badly. He wanted a family ;_;

If you know the comics then you know Glenn dies, but I am so upset that Abraham died. I wanted him to start a family with Sasha. He wanted it so badly. He wanted a family ;_;

And Abraham was also supposed to die when Denise did. At least he went out better than he would have if they followed the comics.

And Abraham was also supposed to die when Denise did. At least he went out better than he would have if they followed the comics.
The primary reason why they did that is due to Robert Kirkman feeling guilty for killing off the "true soldier" of The Walking Dead comics in such a way, he still feels guilty about it to this day along with chopping Rick's hand off as the character is now harder to write since that issue.

Anyways, I couldn't help to chuckle at his last words.

i knew that those deaths were probably happening but i didn't want to believe it until it did happen

It was ok for a premiere but it really should have been the finale instead... I'm still kinda mad they split it two like that.

The primary reason why they did that is due to Robert Kirkman feeling guilty for killing off the "true soldier" of The Walking Dead comics in such a way, he still feels guilty about it to this day along with chopping Rick's hand off as the character is now harder to write since that issue.

Anyways, I couldn't help to chuckle at his last words.

Yeah, I watch The Talking Dead so I know both of those things actually lol which exactly my point anyway. The way he got killed off in the comics was lame, so he at least went out better in the show

Last edited:
Back