• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Someone forgot to clear their void..need help with a question please..

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Ok so I have it in my town rules in my sig to please void before coming she said she moved someone out I asked who she said Merry I said I wanted to know as I didn't want a voider..hint..I could've let her come to a ten town not my new town to clean it if I had known. Anyway the question, she adopted Goose, I went back to the day I was at before so his house would be gone and I would fall to 8 to cycle in stitches then get Nan and Velma to complete the town, moving people out as I went..
Now when I went back there was no plot..When I went forward no mayor just alt 5 days to self cycle stitches in..I saw Merry had been picked up. But if I go back to before she plotted to the last day when Gooses house dissapeared and I adopt or move in a dream can I block her from coming in..note I never loaded my mayor with her plotted ever..Advice needed!

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can go anytime before they plot; the last one you invited will be the one to move in. But I could be wrong ~

I believe you can. As long as you don't go on your mayor account but I'm not sure about blocking her
100% you can rid of her if you TT backwards. My friend TTed backwards a year (idk why) and she got back her villager that moved out cause she never plays on her mayor file.

When I say I saw it using an alt..I mean a completely non added alt I was just looking so it didn't save anything after the night that Gooses house was gone and no plot had appeared yet..I saw it using the reset trick that it was coming next day..will try to find a dream replacer. Thanks.

no she will be there now. you can't open the game with an existing character, you have to make a new one before opening it for it to work

Edit the date through your 3DS settings not Isabelle, then create a new alt, run around and if you don't see her plot picked out, save, then load your mayor and invite a new villager to move in. That /should/ override any villager trying to invade your town that you picked up through someone's void.

Just to clarify this is what happened exactly..I let someone pick up an animal..I went back to last played day so his house would be gone on mayor and with the ds setting never Isabelle, no plot just a missing house..Then I used a new non existing character to jump five days forward to attempt to cycle in a particular 9th and saw the plot..I didn't save and went back to no plot day hoping my mayor will override it happening in the future by adopting in.
Note this happened once a long time ago a little differently I adopted someone free..changed my mind on who I wanted and adopted another the same night..the second one showed, it changed the future view when I checked with a non existing..So as I never played an existing with a plot I think I can do this. Will let you know tomorrow how it turns out but I'm pretty sure an adopt before a plot crushes a void if you never saw it on an existing.

Last edited:
Edit the date through your 3DS settings not Isabelle, then create a new alt, run around and if you don't see her plot picked out, save, then load your mayor and invite a new villager to move in. That /should/ override any villager trying to invade your town that you picked up through someone's void.
Yes, this.

Also, as far as I know there isn't really a proven, guaranteed way to clear your void. I know a lot of people say you clear your void simply by visiting someone else's town, but I've heard just as many stories about that not working and the villager still showing up.

Yep, I have had it happen to me. Since I have 2 towns and I keep one filled. I have tried the clear my void trick and I still had a villager tag along with me to someones town.

Ok well I will never really know if it would have worked..because in my tired daze of trying to fix this..I adopted in with no plot for Merry but I accidentally have them my old FC first ds I do the new town on a seperate that should block street pass pickups but both times I used the other..Anyway I hit the wrong date in by 2 months back..so now when I go forward..the lurker has been set up never said hello too..and there is a plot for the adopt..so now it's operation get that Merry out on my trade board. Since she has now "been here" for what they think was who knows how long with no speaking maybe she will just ping to go..lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or I do go back two months before loading mayor and try to do the save with alt trick suggested and just move adopter in the wrong date on the tree.. suggestions if that works or just don't talk to her now that she's in the future with a non existent out and about..I have never played mayor with her there..any thoughts..

Back