• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Some things that gives you nostalgia?

baths and fozzi’s bath foam.
long countryside or nighttime drives with my mom, windows down and music blasting.
barbie dolls, littlest pet shops, polly pocket, fisher-price little people, disney princess and barbie figurines, etc.
watching shows and movies such as the backyardigans, that’s so raven, atomic betty, hannah montana, twitches 1 & 2, wee 3, zoey 101, etc on the disney/family, teletoon and treehouse channels.
online games and websites such as moshi monsters (rip 😭), webkinz, moviestarplanet, bin weevils, girlgogames, papa’s freezeria, coolmathgames, barbie girls, etc.
video games such as animal crossing: wild world, harvest moon: island of happiness, mysims kingdom, style savvy, charm girls club, carnival games, etc.
chuck e. cheese.
scooter boards.
air hockey and miniature golf.
“the cat came back” by harry s. miller
the very hunger caterpillar by eric carle.
freezies.
nintendo DS, DSi and wii.
chef boyardee’s pasta shells with meatballs.
enchanted, alvin and the chipmunks, princess protection program, disney princess and barbie movies, etc.

and so many other things. pretty much anything from my childhood gives me nostalgia.

There is this smell during autumn that always takes me back to when I was tiny and as a kid. I had the best memories in autumn. I think it was because mom would take me on walks often during that season. Including the library. It was small, but they had plenty of childrens books if you were 3rd grade and under. There was also school which was positive in elementary. Also the area had fall festivals around and a local orchard farm that had honeybees and pumpkins that would sell stuff like apple cider.

Cross stitched items. Mom did alot of cross stitch when I was a kid. We use to walk to this store called Crawl Daddies in this old brick town building that sold random stuff. She would get some cross stitch kits there. The only reason why I even remember the name of that store was because I would find crawl daddy spiders alot outside as a kid. We lived right next to woods.
The sound of cicadas in the summer, I spent alot of time outside as a kid.

Old pokemon games, pokemon cards, Old pokemon movies (mostly the music from them actually...) some gameboy color games, gameboy advance games, and as a result pixel art gives me nostalgia, some old playstation 1 games. Some cartoons like the simpsons, street sharks, gargoyles, salior moon, some I don't remember that was randomly shown on public tv during certain hours but the art style 90s anime had sticks with me, but mostly gen 1 and 2 pokemon anime is what I watched and is the most nostalgic. The basic sound of an electric guitar, and saxaphone. Probably because they were used alot of the time for tv shows and cartoons growing up.
Oh and these Wildlife Explorer pamphlets my grandma bought me a subscription for once. I knew a kid who had all of them and I was surprised he was able to get all of them.

That's all that comes to mind right now. My teens are pretty barren when it comes to nostalgia.

There are some old classic rock songs from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, but I feel like most of them are more memory triggers rather than nostalgia and as a result they aren't always positive. Music as a big part in my environment growing up. If there wasn't commercial jingles on the tv, the radio was on, or someone outside had a radio on, and local stores also had the radio on. I think the quite time would be the mornings in the summer. The commercials in the 90s were pretty memorable and appeared to have way more effort put into them to be creative than they do today. Some were cringe, some had jingles that would stick in your head forever, and some got banned for taking things too far.

- Bratz: Dolls, TV show, movies, soundtracks (it feels so good!)
- Old school Cartoon Network, Cartoon, Cartoon Fridays, Toonami
- Disney shows: Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, Hannah Montana, Kim Possible, etc.
- GameCube, Wii, DS, GBA
- Dress up games like Roiworld and Girlsense
- Virtual world websites: Zwinky Cuties, Barbie Girls, Pixie Hollow
- CD and DVD players

There is so much to list.

A lot of things, but the main example I can think of is childhood shows and movies. Not so much for video games, but hearing the Ocarina of Time title screen is enough to make me tear up.

Rain in the morning/afternoon gives me midyear college class nostalgia. I always took extra classes during my college midyears so my graduating year wouldn’t be too heavy on academic load. Three out of four midyears I spent in Chemistry classes, so rain always brings me back to moments during downtime in the lab where me and my classmates would just chill. Midyear of 2017 was also when I first met my boyfriend and it was rainy for a lot of those days when we were just getting to know each other, so I just suddenly feel this wave of nostalgia around this time of the year.

Listening to ACNL and ACNH music also gives me huge nostalgia vibes, especially some ACNH songs. Reminds me of the days when I first played those games, all of the decorating and talking to villagers and just overall chilling and having fun in the game. It’s the feeling of being excited over a franchise I came to absolutely love and adore.

On the topic of music, Pokemon DPPt’s Route 209 is one of the most nostalgic pieces I’ve ever heard. It’s got this lovely and adoring tone that feels like a slow sunrise, the beginning of a new day when you feel like you can accomplish anything. I feel 12 again listening to it every time. I know it’s just one song, but I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s one of the main reasons why I love Gen IV. It’s my favorite game soundtrack.

Oh this list could be endless.

- Tamagotchis
- Nintendogs
- Disney movies- The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
- Disney TV shows- The Suite life of Zack and Cody and That's so Raven
- Online games- Club Penguin, Stardoll, Runescape
- PS2 and PS2 games.
- Cartoons- Powerpuff Girls, Teletubbies, Spongebob, Dragon Ball Z (My brother loved that one)
- Wii and Wii games
- Looking at childhood photos
- Music from the 90's and early 2000's

--Cartoons, anime, and Pokemon (though I still enjoy all three)
--Disney movies (Yeah, I know, I know...maybe that's why I like Twisted Wonderland so much lol.)
--Leopard print hat (used to wear one all the time as a little kid)
--Coloring books and crayons
--Apple juice
--VHS
--Early 2000s pop culture
--Lullabies make me cry...I mean, they did when I was little, but they still do lol.

gameboy and gamecube games, especially 3rd gen pokemon games. not much otherwise, though!

I got nostalgic a few nights ago bc there was a eclipse and that brought me back when I was young and me and my family would go outside and watch.

The smell of wood burning in a outdoor firepit. The dirty smoke smell. It doesn't matter where it is, it always bring me back to when I would be camping at reeanctments.

That thick, burning, smoky smell of a barbecue during hot weather, mainly because growing up with family we all used to do barbecues at the baseball park or just parks in general. Eating Ritz Bitz cheese crackers also makes me feel nostalgic because it was my main afterschool snack. But what REALLY takes me back on a hard nostalgia trip are certain video games and OSTs. Here are a few things that immediately come to mind:

This right here, the OG Mario Party on the N64, was and still is GODLY. My sister, cousins and I played this game pretty much religiously. And whenever the mini-game "Bumper Balls" was selected we would all yell BUMPER BALLS!!! like it was the best thing EVER (which it was!) omg 🥺💖 how could something so simple be so chaotic and fun?? I simply adore this game. The opening still gives me the warm, fuzzy feels 💞 sometimes I have a longplay (no commentary, of course) of the whole game playing in the background while I write, draw, do chores, etc.

This mini-game from Mario Party 2 was my JAM 🤘🎧 I literally used to dance to this music and even now I can't help but dance around like a silly, happy idiot lol~ God the first MP and MP2 games were just MAGICAL <3

Some tracks from the Pokémon games make me feel extremely nostalgic, such as the National Park theme from GSC

The 5pm theme from AC Population Growing is my #1 favorite hourly track from that game but really, I could listen to the entire 24 hour OST because every single hourly track in that game is catchy af and memorable. 5pm makes me think of a cozy summer evening looking out the window or sitting out in the porch just contemplating life.

The ending cutscene/theme to the WW is just so beautiful and fills me with a true sense of accomplishment. Like old and new friends reuniting 💞 it's the LoZ I cherish the most as it was one of the first Gamecube games I played.

- TLC's "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls"
- Beanie Babies
- Vintage Tomy Pokémon Figurines.. especially this Charmander figurine below, though I'm not sure if I've ever even had it
1653182834259.png

Back