• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Some Questions

ClefairyKid

Bells
Tasty Cake
Pokéball
Hey there, just wondering a few things.

- if I want to buy some legit paintings from forumer's to help finish my museum, how can I tell if they are legit before it's "too late"? Or is that the risk you take buying them online?

- I'm going for the 5k bugs medal and was wondering if many others here had achieved that, I'm already using the island at night in summer to rack up a lot and make bells at the same time, plus the cicadas on the mainland during the day, but I feel like no matter how dedicated I am it's going to be a year or more before I get to 5k! D:

- I've played for years now and have over 500+ hours playtime and still don't have the police station option, I know it's random but surely it's glitched or something? I'd surely have had a chance at it by now?

- do villagers move in on top of bushes? I'm not very savvy with the resetting to put villagers in specific spots thing and was wondering if there's something preventative I could do to try and limit the damage they are doing to my paths and things XD like evens sticking in patterns or something? anything they avoid?

I think it is just a risk. I don't think I have the 5k bug medal. I am pretty sure that it is a glitch. I don't think villagers are supposed to move in on top of bushes.

They could put the art in their retail for whatever price you are buying it, and you would be able to see it before you buy it

Just use the diving trick to get the PWP!

With respect to paintings, you won't know until you buy them, but to protect yourself, look for sellers with a lot of positive wi-fi ratings. You'll be able to see that info in their profile. Anyone that you trade with/visit/visits you, you can leave them a wi-fi rating and they can do the same for you. If somebody was scamming people, they'd get negative ratings.

Re: the bugs medal, I don't have it, but I haven't been chasing it either. I have the silver medal and figure I must be getting pretty close to gold. Your strategy sounds like a good one! Just keep islanding and wander around town with your net! :)

Not sure re: your police station question. I got my request fairly early on and don't remember the conditions needed for it off the top of my head.

As for villagers moving on top of bushes, they can. They can move over bamboo, full-grown trees, bushes, etc. Patterns on the ground won't stop them. The only things they won't move overtop of are "permanent" things, like your water features and rocks, houses and buildings, and public works projects. Some folks strategically place cheap public works projects to keep villagers out of certain parts of their towns.

Hope that's at least somewhat helpful!

thanks, although I'm not a noob, I do know how the rating's system works :p I just meant like the viewing them in retail trick.

also, how exactly does this "just" diving method work? :p I need to know a bit more than "just dive" lmaooo

and won't it just keep triggering other random projects? How can I get the actually useful police station? XD

Last edited:
With the diving trick, it's recommended you also have a timer with you for accurate timing. Basically, go to your beach and set your timer for 5 minutes. Have your wet suit on, and after setting the timer, swim out to the very far end of the beach (all the way to the ropes) and just don't do anything until the timer says 5 minutes have passed. You'll get stung by a lot of jellyfish, but considering it's known to help with PWP requests, it's worth it.

For the paintings, you can insist that the other person let you try to sell them at Re-Tail before ending because Reese will tell you if they are fake. If they are fake, you can either ask the person if they made a mistake or just kill the wi-fi if you think that person is deliberately trying to scam you.

thank you very much! il be sure to take a timer and try that, I dont mind the stings haha I thought for memory that I read somewhere that it might be because of the "personality" of my villagers, maybe i've never had one with the right personality?

ayyy I recognize you from Gaia lol you made me a pixel of my mayor I think!

And any personality can request the police station :3

thank you very much! il be sure to take a timer and try that, I dont mind the stings haha I thought for memory that I read somewhere that it might be because of the "personality" of my villagers, maybe i've never had one with the right personality?

You're very right there, villagers with certain personalities will request certain PWP's, meaning if you don't have any uchi villagers, you won't get any requests that the uchi villagers exclusively bring up.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects Scroll down and you'll see a list of PWP's and which type of villagers request which ones

I don't think it's very likely someone here on tbt will claim a painting is genuine and sell it to you when it's actually a fake, especially if they have 100% wifi rating. People here are very reputable, and any potential scams are pretty obvious from like 10 miles away. Overall the people on this forum are friendly and honest, I've completed my museum from artwork I bought from users here and never once did I get a fake painting when a person said it was real. :) I can understand wanting the security of knowing it's real, but honestly I wouldn't worry about it so much. Also if it does end up being a fake I think you would have no problem getting a refund from a person who is a reputable seller/has a shop here on the forum/has a 100% wifi rating/has been an active user for a while.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also sorry that super long post didn't answer any of your other questions lmao

lmao its ok as you can see everyone else addressed all the things already XD

only thing is I tried the diving trick and at first it was amazing and worked like a charm but then something happened and it just abruptly stopped working altogether, not a single ping anymore :c I really do think something must be wrong with my game that I've been years and 500+ hours in and gotten hardly any PWP.

Back