• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Snooty's in AC Gamecube

I don't understand how people are like
"this villager is snooty and I love them, but this villager was snooty and she hated me" or "this snooty villagers definitely doesnt wanna be my friend"

I'm really confused because all the snooties have the exact same personalities and dialogue. No one likes or dislikes you more than another. That's impossible as they're just pixels and coding.

Also I never got mad or offended or even noticed when some villagers were more rude or whatever because I usually skimmed through the conversations. Like, Idk. I was like 7/8 when I played AC:GC and I was never like "MOM, this virtual animal just told me to shut up! I'm crying now and I think I pooped a little"
Like, even as a little kid I wasn't affected my virtual character's opinions of me? Because I was aware they weren't real and also had no thoughts or feelings. I mean, I used to write my villagers letters saying "Please die" and they'd be like "I have no idea what you said" now they're like "WOW, I was moved to tears by this deep and emotional letter, here's a trash can. Take care of it, it's my most prized possession. You are a treasure, Olive". Like. They're all just copies of each other with different looks, that's about it.

Lol, villagers are a lot ruder in older games. It's kinda hard to belive though, compared how nice and sweet snooties are now haha.
I'm kinda happy that villagers are much nicer now, cause I really wouldn't want to hear them dissing me all the time..

honestly i don't think they had to make the snooties and crankies so nice in this game (not that i want them to be super harsh) :/ Seeing them growing more and more friendly towards you would have been great instead of being super sweet to you right off the bat

Back