Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

Has anyone else noticed that it also sounds like they're chanting Dr. Mario? (Honestly it sounds like they're saying Bana! Wano! so it could be anything really.)

Now that you mention it, it does.

This'll probably be removed in the English version.

Has anyone else noticed that it also sounds like they're chanting Dr. Mario? (Honestly it sounds like they're saying Bana! Wano! so it could be anything really.)

Pretty sure they're saying "nana popo" which are the ice climbers' names

Watching some of the trailers made me hear so many familiar voices (Viridi and Princess Bubblegum, Serah Farron and Lucina.) Makes me happy.
I wish I could get into the Fire Emblem series but I have too many games (excuses) but the reps make me want to play.
The only thing I don't like about Dark Pit's inclusion is the fact they could've easily incorporated SSBB's moveset; so that he's a clone, yet not a clone.
After Mario's buff in SSB4, I'm personally looking forward to Dr Mario.
Rewatching old trailers has built up my hype.

I'm trying to perfect Mega Man.

He gets a lot of hate, but I don't know why. He's a really fun character to play as, just hard to master.

He may even be one of new mains.

He gets a lot of hate, but I don't know why. He's a really fun character to play as, just hard to master.

THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!!

MEGA MAN!!

He's my best guy in the demo. Might main him.

Well, he has a pretty good F-air and a B-air. Leaf Shield and Crash Bomb seem kinda useless. But yes, he's very fun. I want to see his customizable moves.

Is it the true that the American Demo had a less aggressive A.I. than the japanese version? Level 9 computers are kinda easy... they don't play aggressively, they spend 50% of the match rolling around at the speed of sound.

Well, he has a pretty good F-air and a B-air. Leaf Shield and Crash Bomb seem kinda useless. But yes, he's very fun. I want to see his customizable moves.

I agree that his Leaf Shield IS pretty dumb. It doesn't do much.

The Crash Bomb, I feel, works great unless you're fighting Level 9 CPU's and they spam the shield button to block it, and it works 85% of the time.

d88.png

Ridley confirmed

So I found this survey Nintendo made before Brawl came out and I felt like posting it here for the new one!
-Which character are you best with?
-Interesting choice. Now what made you pick that one?
-Everyone has a weakness. Who's your worst character?
-You've seen the list of characters in the new game, but who would you add, if you had the chance?
-And which character would you cut? Why?
-The game is out in Japan, but you may have to wait... How do you pass the time? (If you have the game, what's your review?)
-Choosing pre-made outfits is fine, but we're artists. Design a new appearance for your favorite character.

-Which character are you best with?
In Brawl it was Lucas, but I want to try to main Robin in this one!
-Interesting choice. Now what made you pick that one?
Lucas was because I thought he was the better of the 2 MOTHER kids. Robin because FEA is one of my favorite games. Ever.
-Everyone has a weakness. Who's your worst character?
In Brawl, it would probably have to be Ganondorf. He's just way too slow. In the demo, definitely Mega Man becuase he's so different from the rest of the characters.
-You've seen the list of characters in the new game, but who would you add, if you had the chance?
(Other than Lucas) Ghirahim. I thought he was a really interesting Zelda villain and we just need more newcomers from that series. I mean, seriously, we haven't gotten a Zelda newcomer since Melee! (I know Toon Link replaced Young Link, but I'm saying that they're the same characters because they barely have any differences.)
-And which character would you cut? Why?
Dr. Mario because clones. If it had to be a non-clone character, Duck Hunt Dog.
-The game is out in Japan, but you may have to wait... How do you pass the time? (If you have the game, what's your review?)
First, wait patiently until Friday. Then get Hyrule Warriors and play that for the next week. Easy. (Except for tomorrow and Friday before I get the game. Ugh. :()
-Choosing pre-made outfits is fine, but we're artists. Design a new appearance for your favorite character.
(For Robin) I'd just make him my version of him from Awakening. Default Robin except with Light-Blue hair and he wears Grandmaster clothes. Or just anyone in Grandmaster clothes. Because Grandmaster, the name just sounds so important.

A couple of people on there said in the comments (and something I hope returns) is that it could be for a custom stage builder. It seems odd to me it was cut in the game, but they might have it on the Wii U and let you download custom stages onto the 3DS when you connect them. ~ which seems a reasonable way of doing things as the 3DS game is already a very large data file without having the stage builder as well.

More DLC to buy? Honestly I don't want to, but probably will end up buying it anyway...*sigh*

When did this happen? It reminds me a bit of SFIV tournaments with Justin Wong, who celebrates his victories like that.

Wasn't there another very good player called Ken who appeared on TV? Did something happen to him? People barely mention him nowadays...

Ken was on survive. He's been back since 2013, he's signed with Liquid.

@Hyogo u have zero idea what you're talking about

that tourney was MLG, my boy kevin got 4th :[

Last edited:
Currently, the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. is having 88/100 on Metacritic, with the lowest score being 60 from GamesRadar for the wrong reasons. Not bad for a portable version.

Source: Metacritic

Back