• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

"GLITCH" THAT CAUSES THE CROWD TO CHEER FOR THE ICE CLIMBERS!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!?!?!?

what murray said

they were programmed into the game but were cut because they couldn't work or w/e so they still have parts of their data in the games final data, one of those being the chant

Here ya go. Apparently, you need to have villager at over 100% and have to defeat 2 Dr. Mario's with 1 move.

I don't quite hear it, It just sounds like "Murah-Betoh!" to me.

Oh wait, It's s'posed to be saying "Nana-Popo" but it still sounds similar to Murabito.

Last edited:
Also, I don't want to go anywhere close to Mew2king, Getting overly excited by using a cheap tactic lol.
h1AD91E9B

Mad strats bro, mad strats.

Removed "chant files" have been found in the Data of the game

Ice Climbers, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle & Ivysaur included), Wolf and a newcomer character called Zako? were going to be originally put in judging by the filenames.

Although speaking, these could just be leftovers from Brawl and were just left in the games data.
Could be, could be. But I wouldn't see why they'd be left out. I mean, it makes no sense Wolf was left out, I suppose, but Pokemon Trainer makes sense (sorta) because transformation characters (Zelda, sheik, etc.) were removed/made a separate character.

We could argue these are left over from Brawl but that begs the question; where's Snake's and where did 'Zako' come from? And (assuming Zako is the Zako from Star Fox) why use such a minor character that appeared in one game over a more wanted character like Krystal, who would be more unique (and perhaps more melee-based) than the other reps? OK, that's a stupid question, but I'd be interested to know (if it is Zako) why they chose him and how he'd work.

Oh and I don't know if it was mentioned here, but I suppose we could take this as a reason Mewtwo wasn't included this time around.

Also, I don't want to go anywhere close to Mew2king, Getting overly excited by using a cheap tactic lol.
h1AD91E9B

I don't really understand what you're saying. Are you saying that ledge hogging is a cheap tactic?

Removed "chant files" have been found in the Data of the game

Ice Climbers, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle & Ivysaur included), Wolf and a newcomer character called Zako? were going to be originally put in judging by the filenames.

Although speaking, these could just be leftovers from Brawl and were just left in the games data.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those are leftovers from Brawl and then Zako a failed newcomer that almost made it. I mean Duck Hunt dog was out of left-field kinda, I could see Sakari including some one-off character to let them shine.

I don't really understand what you're saying. Are you saying that ledge hogging is a cheap tactic?
I consider it really unfair especially for competitive play, I'm glad that they've changed it in the new Smash, I really am.

h1AD91E9B

When did this happen? It reminds me a bit of SFIV tournaments with Justin Wong, who celebrates his victories like that.

Wasn't there another very good player called Ken who appeared on TV? Did something happen to him? People barely mention him nowadays...

Last edited:
I'm quite unsure actually, I found it on the "Cringe" section on Memebase.

Although, something to do with MLG obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those are leftovers from Brawl and then Zako a failed newcomer that almost made it. I mean Duck Hunt dog was out of left-field kinda, I could see Sakari including some one-off character to let them shine.
Well 'PK Starstorm' (Ness), 'Come on!' (C. Falcon) and 'Pika-chuuuuu!' (Hmm...) were all intended to be used in N64 as Final Smashes (but Volt Tackle was only introduced in Generation 3, years after SSB64 came out) and the sound files from those games were used in Brawl/SSB4, which is neat, IMO, so maybe they were leftover. They will have considered the characters at least.

I never thought about it that way. But I think Duck Hunt Dog was a great one-off character; a lot of people immediately recognised him and he represents the NES Zapper era sort of of Nintendo, which is pretty cool. It's Nintendo All-Stars, after all. But Zako just seems obscure. But they made Falcon work without any games to take moves from (Well he is used as a throwback to Dragon King, I suppose) and R.O.B. and Duck Hunt (both of which amaze me) so, even though I'd prefer Krystal, I'd be interested to see Zako included. Maybe he'll be in Star Fox Wii U

Here ya go. Apparently, you need to have villager at over 100% and have to defeat 2 Dr. Mario's with 1 move.

Has anyone else noticed that it also sounds like they're chanting Dr. Mario? (Honestly it sounds like they're saying Bana! Wano! so it could be anything really.)

One of Luigi's custom moves is the Clothesline Cyclone? I expect there to be dirty laundry to be flying around him when he uses it.

Back