Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I've trusted my mom with picking mine up when it's time; I also gave clear instructions so I'll get the coin XD
Gah, I'm so hyped right now~

Congrats!! I am waiting to see if they do any special preorder gifts

Ahh thanks!! I haven't been this excited for a game since like Pokemon leafgreen.. so long ago. XD

I predict this game will top the charts on my 3DS!!

I doubt my small town will have any gifts though. :/

people who are going through the game's files found textures for arrow buttons that are supposed to be in the character select screen and stage select screen and are called "Page_1" and "Page_2" . hinting towards future DLC fighters and stages?!

also LOL that they gave peach the black void to hide her panties and rosalina the galaxy void but they full on show palutena's panties.

EXPAND MENU.jpg
Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game.

That's not a whole lot...

people who are going through the game's files found textures for arrow buttons that are supposed to be in the character select screen and stage select screen and are called "Page_1" and "Page_2" . hinting towards future DLC fighters and stages?!

also LOL that they gave peach the black void to hide her panties and rosalina the galaxy void but they full on show palutena's panties.

DLC probs confirmed.

So now the question on DLC is, When?
Hopefully Day 1 Wii U release, but they could do a Mario Kart on us and wait 3 months to tell us it's coming 3-8 months later. o:

So now the question on DLC is, When?
Hopefully Day 1 Wii U release, but they could do a Mario Kart on us and wait 3 months to tell us it's coming 3-8 months later. o:

Day 1 DLC is a big smack in the face to everyone buying the game. It's pretty much saying "Hey, we have these things finished and we could have put them into the game by default but we didn't so you have to buy them instead."

If there is any DLC I really hope it's not for quite a while. Anything sooner than four months they could have just put into the game from the start.

Day 1 DLC is a big smack in the face to everyone buying the game. It's pretty much saying "Hey, we have these things finished and we could have put them into the game by default but we didn't so you have to buy them instead."

If there is any DLC I really hope it's not for quite a while. Anything sooner than four months they could have just put into the game from the start.

Actually it isn't. Normal game development ends a fair while before the games get put out on the shelf due to internal deadlines, production time, transport and whatot. Day 1 DLC can be content produced during all the processing time, after the mainstay of development has been completed and so long as the debugging is finished before release can just be uploaded onto the e-shop for the release date. Adding the content in with the maingame could have set the release date back.

And besides if they were to release any new bonus content for purchasing both the 3DS and Wii U version, it would likely already be in the data now, for unlock once the Wii U version releases, which sort of counts, I guess?

Last edited:
Blame the 3DS' Hardware.
Even though it's basically a portable Gamecube

That's SO what I was saying earlier. It almost makes no sense to have ditched it, especially with things like Duck Hunt in there now, you could have just made Nana (pink IC) do something different in terms of following Popo (blue IC) around so we don't have to axe them. Also Rosalina & Luma? Or even for arguments sake when you use an assist, they have 1P over their head associating themselves with you, so why Ice Climber doesn't work but other things that attach themselves onto you works is just silly. But I also read they "sorta" didn't bother trying to make it work after a while because Ice Climber just isn't as popular as they'd had hoped it to be, so they dropped it.

And also another article said that Ice Climbers worked in the WiiU version, so that also makes me want to ask "well why didn't you just keep them in the WiiU and screw the 3DS for IC, and have slightly different rosters?"
There's no 3DS to WiiU cross platform battling is there? That's been dispelled. Unless of course something about using the 3DS controller for the WiiU version means they had to do basically nearly identical games *talks to self but types it out so everyone can see* :confused:

Last edited:
Back