March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cherry (Fruit)
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Pavé
Tasty Cake
Anyone here that played City Folk?

I was thinking about it the other day and how much my mom and I loved playing it. Thought about dusting my wii off to re-visit my island, but can't find my copy of the game! Makes me sad.

I absolutely loved city folk! I don't know if it's the fact I don't have a wii anymore that makes me miss it the most, but I just loved the whole vibe of it. it's probably the one that I played the most heavily when I was little (aside from NL/NH but they're more recent) so I think I just have a lot of good memories and nostalgia attached to it. if only I could play it again </3

Same, lol. My mom and I played it a LOT. She played it more than I did, because she made friends on forums and ended up playing with them a lot. I don't know if this was the forum she used or not, though. I'm debating getting her a switch, she's starting to show interest in playing ACNH lol.

City Folk was my first AC game. I get a strong sense of nostalgia when I think about it ❤️

The fact that you call it an "island" hurts me when they were known as Towns! But anywho, it's still one of my favorite AC Games. I was remembering how annoying it was to get a golden axe. haha

The fact that you call it an "island" hurts me when they were known as Towns! But anywho, it's still one of my favorite AC Games. I was remembering how annoying it was to get a golden axe. haha

Ha, well. I think it's just because I'm so used to calling my Island and Island, now. But yeah you're right,before ACNH they were called towns!

I’ve also thought about playing again. The wiimifii thing (i think thats the name?) confuses me so much tho. It seems like a lot of hassle.

Last edited:
I actually just accidentally restarted my town. I had a quite profitable one on my WiiU and I popped it into the regular Wii and it ended up resetting...

On a side note, I kinda like City Folk much more. My entry to the series was Wild World, but City Folk came out at a time I was able to understand video games much more other than mashing buttons on my relative’s ds. I loved going to the city and seeing all the different villagers. I’ve never had him to date, but back then, Ed was a jock, and he was my favorite. I was sad they switched him to smug when the personality was introduced.

it’s fun to go back to a previous game, you always get such a nostalgia rush, lol.

Unfortunetly the price of a used copy keeps increasing, Amazon says $40 but you can probably get a cheaper copy from a game website. It really stinks because it was like $20 a year ago.

I hope you can find your copy!

nope never played it, I started out with Wild World and I didn't know that city folk existed til way later. Im kinda curious about CF, mainly because I haven't seen a lot of it.
hopefully theres more content in it than GC animal crossing, I like that game but there's not a whole lot to do.

I actually just accidentally restarted my town. I had a quite profitable one on my WiiU and I popped it into the regular Wii and it ended up resetting...

On a side note, I kinda like City Folk much more. My entry to the series was Wild World, but City Folk came out at a time I was able to understand video games much more other than mashing buttons on my relative’s ds. I loved going to the city and seeing all the different villagers. I’ve never had him to date, but back then, Ed was a jock, and he was my favorite. I was sad they switched him to smug when the personality was introduced.

it’s fun to go back to a previous game, you always get such a nostalgia rush, lol.

Unfortunately the price of a used copy keeps increasing, Amazon says $40 but you can probably get a cheaper copy from a game website. It really stinks because it was like $20 a year ago.

I hope you can find your copy!
It's not 40 bucks. That's scalper price for people who are trying to flip it for a profit. You can find it on Ebay or Mercari for under 25 dollars. I know this because I recently bought WW and CF for under 30 dollars. I'm sure if you really tried, you can find it at a decent price. Not the best quality but it still enough to look nice on display!

It's not 40 bucks. That's scalper price for people who are trying to flip it for a profit. You can find it on Ebay or Mercari for under 25 dollars. I know this because I recently bought WW and CF for under 30 dollars. I'm sure if you really tried, you can find it at a decent price. Not the best quality but it still enough to look nice on display!
Just did a quick amazon search and there are listing for 20 dollars.

i played it a couple of months ago to see what it was like since i hadn't played in so many years

i had just over 10,000 bells and a tiny house but i had tiara hair so obviously i liked to waste my money lol

my house was completely empty apart from a lovely bed near the wall and a froggy chair in the middle of the room (decorating at it's finest)

i had lobo obviously, he's always in my ac games for some reason
then i somehow had ankha and stitches
i shared the game with my sister and she made ankha's catchphrase a pretty rude word as a laugh but never told me
so that was a bit of a surprise when i spoke to her 😂

it was such a fun game to go back to, even if i was only on it for an hour or so 😁

Back