Sick of these nerfed bug spawn rates

Two island and 5 players caught all their bugs/fish and diving creatures for August. Player 5 started on Aug. 4th and finished catching everything last week. Mystery island is the best place to hunt. Diving around the shore on my island helped her with the giraffe stag, golden stag and horned hercules. Easy to spot but you have to be careful getting out of the water. Most bugs/fish she caught 3 of each.

It is weird that something worth practically nothing is so scarce— the flies are the same for me. I’ve caught exactly two of the cicada shells and flies in the entire lifetime of the game, though thankfully each time the first museum one was caught almost immediately by happy accident
they do that with lots of creatures, like the ray. I think they are still made rare despite the value so that getting the final achievement is a real accomplishment

I hadn't caught one either, then I decided to dig up some of my own palm trees and take them to a NMT island with me. I planted a bunch in the top right part of the beach and a bunch in the top left. I cut down all other trees and plucked all the flowers. Then I just kept running from one end on the beach to the other, scaring off every other insect as I checked each side where the palm trees were. Eventually after about 40 minutes I found a golden stag.

this is making me dread going back to bug catching... i caught a moray eel but stupidly sold it before donating it and haven't seen one since, been nothing but ribbon eels :( looks like it's off to mystery islands for me

this is making me dread going back to bug catching... i caught a moray eel but stupidly sold it before donating it and haven't seen one since, been nothing but ribbon eels :( looks like it's off to mystery islands for me
i get a good amount of them spawning, if want to try your luck fishing on my island sometime just pm me

They are rare to begin with. I know you're keen on completing them all. But don't rush yourself on catching one.

Most of the time, I caught them by accident. It was really a nice surprise. (It makes me wonder now why do players these days are all in a hurry.)

Come to think about it, I haven't see a hermit crab for a while. Wait, are they seasonal bugs? Are hermit crabs even a bug? I caught many stags, I actually caught the rainbow stag, golden stag, and the cicada shell. But they are really rare. I really wish they bring back the honey feature from pocket camp, lol

They are rare to begin with. I know you're keen on completing them all. But don't rush yourself on catching one.

Most of the time, I caught them by accident. It was really a nice surprise. (It makes me wonder now why do players these days are all in a hurry.)
The thing is, I haven't rushed; again, I've tried all July and all of August so far. They're going to disappear until next year in a week or so.

Come to think about it, I haven't see a hermit crab for a while. Wait, are they seasonal bugs? Are hermit crabs even a bug?

Hermit crabs are catagorized as a ‘bug’ in game and are around all year from 7pm to 8am (and in rl, they are crustaceans, like any crab you see that walks around beaches, or dive for)

The thing is, I haven't rushed; again, I've tried all July and all of August so far. They're going to disappear until next year in a week or so.

I get it that you spent hunting them for the past two months. People wouldn't call that "rushing" or anything.

For my case, I don't mind if they disappear. I can wait another time. There's always next year. In fact, this what happened to me when failing to catch a stringfish on March when Nintendo released this game. My perception of "taking it easy" is on an extreme level.

I get it that you spent hunting them for the past two months. People wouldn't call that "rushing" or anything.

For my case, I don't mind if they disappear. I can wait another time. There's always next year. In fact, this what happened to me when failing to catch a stringfish on March when Nintendo released this game. My perception of "taking it easy" is on an extreme level.

Ugh, the stringfish took me over a WEEK to find. Golden trout took me almost 400 bait!!

I know how you feel it took what felt like forever to find one golden stag, Giraffe stag and cicada shell on my main character. Donated them and have not seen another one. I accidentally found the barreleye since I wasn’t looking for it at the time never saw another one. Been trying for awhile now to get those 4 on my second character and no luck. Even going to mystery island and clearing them doesn’t seem to work. I know they are extremely rare but they could be a little less rare.

I’ve caught all the bugs, fish and diving creatures. Fish and diving creatures aren’t too bad, the bugs are brutal though. It took several days of playing all day to catch the golden stag. Yeah it’s hard

Literally stripped this NMTs island down to nothing and planted 14 palm trees and not a single golden stag has shown up but I've had 3 scorpions appear. (Yes, I made sure it's an island that can spawn golden stags.)

I'm starting to think the game hates me.

It took me a few hours of walking around a NMT island on 2 different nights (I mean like 2 hours each night) to force a golden stag to spawn. It was just tedious walking back and forth, and chasing bugs away. I do agree that scorpions seem to spawn more than even golden stags.

It's annoying, but it is far easier to look for one on a NMT island than it is on your own island.

I hate these rare spawns too. I’m trying to complete the museum, but these bugs don’t want to show up. Is Nintendo really trying to keep the Bell supply low?

I hate these rare spawns too. I’m trying to complete the museum, but these bugs don’t want to show up. Is Nintendo really trying to keep the Bell supply low?

My guess its for longevity of the game, and making it hard to earn Bells outside a few things such as turnips.

If you have to spend more time playing the game to catch certain creatures, you're getting more out of the game since you have to play more frequently. Honestly, its good game design but sadly has its flaws.

Back