• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Show me your favourite pen/pencil/brush/marker!

Aquilla

the most wonderful time of the year 🌸
Bells
Switch
3591-5022-2346
Black Hybrid Rose
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Lily
Every artist and writer has one right? That one pen that always feels right, that's never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you?

Here’s my holy trinity of pens:

apple pen in a thick case because I like the weight

0,7mm pencil with B mines for sketching and note taking. This one is so soft and nice to use!

0,7mm waterproof liner for outlines or writing stuff

IMG_9016.jpeg

I don’t use traditional art tools much anymore but definitely want to pick it up again. I almost added a pentel brush pen to this but the truth is I really can’t handle brush pens at all ;u;

Last edited:
I would show you my actual nice pens/brushes but then you decided to add the rickroll...

This pen isn't the most comfortable to hold (the opposite really), nor is it a high quality artist tool that will last for generations. It certainly still does qualify as 'favourite pen' though because the way the head waggles back and forth while writing is honestly hilarious
1691148307560.png

I would show you my actual nice pens/brushes but then you decided to add the rickroll...
D:

This pen isn't the most comfortable to hold (the opposite really), nor is it a high quality artist tool that will last for generations. It certainly still does qualify as 'favourite pen' though because the way the head waggles back and forth while writing is honestly hilarious
idk how to feel about this. The giraffe pen is absolute chefs kiss, but now that you've baited me, I wanna see your art suppliessss! What are the odds that you make a video for us where the head waggles while you write? That's the only way I can forgive the omission of nice art supplies.

Heh I tried thinking of more to say on this topic but to be honest I like my pencilcases more than any of my supplies! I’m not that rich so I don’t have expensive supplies, but microns are awesome, here’s my apple pencil which deadon has my screen name, fun pencilcase i think I got from Smiggle, and an aesthetic one i bought somewhere else randomly. I dont remember how I got ink stains on the aesthetic pencilcase, wsih i hadnt tho,
you would doubt the brush cleaner as a gimmick. But believe me, its legit and cleans off watercolor a lot better than I can otherwise, and more importantly the brush feels so good afterward. I‘m sure it would work for actual paints, but i honestly need to buy supplies for that kinda stuff

7BFAE75C-12E8-4A47-BC2E-5DBA8BA0DCE9.jpeg

even tho i have colored pencils in there, as i have whined about MULTIPLE times on my art thread they suck! Those are staedtler ones and i wish i still had a faber castell set instead (not because theyre the best but they used to be a good affordable set i had and used up as a kid). I use some brand called gansai tambai for watercolor, it seems to work well enough- my mom bought me reeves watercolor before that and i thought those were garbage. So there are some recs fr what to avoid

Heh I tried thinking of more to say on this topic but to be honest I like my pencilcases more than any of my supplies! I’m not that rich so I don’t have expensive supplies, but microns are awesome, here’s my apple pencil which deadon has my screen name, fun pencilcase i think I got from Smiggle, and an aesthetic one i bought somewhere else randomly. I dont remember how I got ink stains on the aesthetic pencilcase, wsih i hadnt tho,
you would doubt the brush cleaner as a gimmick. But believe me, its legit and cleans off watercolor a lot better than I can otherwise, and more importantly the brush feels so good afterward. I‘m sure it would work for actual paints, but i honestly need to buy supplies for that kinda stuff

View attachment 505618

even tho i have colored pencils in there, as i have whined about MULTIPLE times on my art thread they suck! Those are staedtler ones and i wish i still had a faber castell set instead (not because theyre the best but they used to be a good affordable set i had and used up as a kid). I use some brand called gansai tambai for watercolor, it seems to work well enough- my mom bought me reeves watercolor before that and i thought those were garbage. So there are some recs fr what to avoid
Thanks for sharing! I love Microns as well, just found that they melt when I colour over them with alcohol markers so I don’t use them as much anymore. Maybe I need a brush cleaner too, I always have residue on them no matter how well I wash them!

I read pen, I must check the thread !

IMG_20230808_145211.jpg

I don't do much traditional drawings but when I want to draw in my bujo I use the microns ! I also have a uni pin pen in grey that I use for a pencil look but I don't know where it is right now 🤦🏽‍♀️ I also use the tombows in my bujo for brush style calligraphy and to color sometimes.

My fountain pens are more for journaling. I collect Kaweco Sports because they're cute - I only took a picture of one but I have them in white, bright pink, light turquoise, turquoise, light purple and red also.
The red one here is a Fountain Pen Revolution (brand) pen with a flex nib for that vintage look when I write with it (dip pens are annoying at some point, at least this one always has ink inside.)

Ah and the top one I included because it's pretty. It's my favorite to look at, but the ink is meh and the feeling on the paper as well... but it's pretty ✨

I read pen, I must check the thread !

IMG_20230808_145211.jpg

I don't do much traditional drawings but when I want to draw in my bujo I use the microns ! I also have a uni pin pen in grey that I use for a pencil look but I don't know where it is right now 🤦🏽‍♀️ I also use the tombows in my bujo for brush style calligraphy and to color sometimes.

My fountain pens are more for journaling. I collect Kaweco Sports because they're cute - I only took a picture of one but I have them in white, bright pink, light turquoise, turquoise, light purple and red also.
The red one here is a Fountain Pen Revolution (brand) pen with a flex nib for that vintage look when I write with it (dip pens are annoying at some point, at least this one always has ink inside.)

Ah and the top one I included because it's pretty. It's my favorite to look at, but the ink is meh and the feeling on the paper as well... but it's pretty ✨
Ohhh thanks for the contribution! I love fountain pens! Is there a specific one you like best if you had to choose one?

Ohhh thanks for the contribution! I love fountain pens! Is there a specific one you like best if you had to choose one?
I'd go with my trusty Kaweco Sport ! The FPR one is quite unpredictable - I've had it leak twice because the nib tends to slip off. That's what I get for getting the cheapest one 🙄

Back