Should I Purchase Digital or Physical ACNL?

Which copy should I purhcase?

• Physical

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Digital

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elytheia

procrastinating
Bells
Switch
6486-6084-2125
Silver Mailbox
Hey, I wanted a second town and I was wondering if I should get the physical or digital. I already ave one physical. I need some advice. Here's what I thought of:

Digital (Pros)
-I can get it now (instant gratification woo!!)
-Don't have to worry about losing cartridge

Digital(Cons)
-What if my system no longer works? (My "A" button is kinda wonky, and i have to press on it slightly more, but otherwise my 3DS works fine)

Physical (Pros)
-Can easily use it on any system!

Physical (Cons)
-Possibility of losing it

What do you guys think?

I recommend the physical version. If I can remember, people who got digital copies were more prone to data corruption, but those were on the older 3DSs. Even still, I’ll stick to the physical copy.

Personally, I prefer the physical version. Wouldn't say that the possibility of losing it is such
a big deal, as long as you take care of the game, it's fine. I don't really like digital versions
of games because for some reasons, I always worry that I may lose my data because of a
stupid mistake or damage.

Ooh, really? I recently bought a new welcome amiibo. I believe but nothing came with it. Although buying it via Amazon probably had something to do with it.

Also, how do friend codes work with 2 games? Will they both be the same since I'd be using the same machine?

I got it for my partner at Walmart at few months back, so it was likely an older copy. I don't know if you still receive a card in newer versions. FC is dependent on the system, doesn't matter which kind of copy you have.

The physical is probably better, but if you're getting a second town you might want to get digital just simply because currently on the eshop its cheaper
I bought my second copy digitally a couple days ago for around ?15 but it's your choice :)

I chose digital for my second copy. It was just easier for me to maintain since I can easily jump on my second town without removing my cartridge (lol ACNL is like the only game I play on 3ds). I’ve had no problems with it so far in terms of game corruption. In fact, both my towns have been fine so far.

Physical copy. I have a physical copy myself, and it's never corrupted or anything like that. The only annoying thing about it is having to switch it out when you want to play something else. As long as you take care of the cartidge, and put it away everytime you're done using it, it shouldn't be a problem. However, getting a digital copy may be something to consider, since it is going cheaper on the e-shop right now.

Physical. There's always a chance that your save file would get corrupted on the digital version. And it's also that you can use that same cartridge on different 3ds'es so you can avoid your wonky A button!

If ease of access outweighs the possibility of corruption, then by all means get the digital copy. However, let me tell you that it is a pain in the butt when a game or SIM card corrupts. This has happened to me. Retrieving my games and DLCs when my SIM card corrupted was the worst. Fortunately, I had a physical ACNL and only needed to re-download the Welcome Amiibo update.

Digital. If there's ever a game to choose digital, it's Animal Crossing. I have two copies for my 2DS, one digital, the second is physical.

Digital? I've never lost a cartridge but I can imagine mixing the two up all the time.
How realistic is it that you would buy another 3DS soon? If not I don't think the digital cons are that large.

I prefer physical games! Although it would be amazing getting a game as soon as you buy it I think that your 3DS breaking or you buying a newer 3DS if they release another model is more likely than you losing the cartridge. If you are just careful with it and keep it somewhere safe it should be fine. Also (although this seems unlikely right now) if you ever decide to sell it you have to sell your 3DS too. Physical copies easily win for me but it's your choice.

Back