• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Should i get Pokemon Sword and Shield? Is it worth it?

yes, I've gotten more hours out of it probably than I did with moon and sun. I think the online raid battles and multiplayer in general makes it very accessible and interesting. But I could see people thinking that postgame stuff is really lacking, but thats why DLC is coming :)

I really love how any shiny you get, for the most part can be used however you see fit.

Want it just for collection? No worries. Got Ultra Shiny for collectors as well now!

Want it for competitive battling? Yep. Oh but bad nature? Not a problem. Mint
Bad IVs? Hypertrain is back.
Bad ability? As long as you don't care much for Hidden Ability. Ability Capsule!

Love it!! :cool:

i think it depends on how much you are into teambuilding, which is amazing and has never been better. i don't want to spoil anything but in my experience a lot of what the game has to offer is mediocre or worse, however the multiplayer is a huge plus and hopefully the dlc will expand on this more :) imo it's better than gen 7 at least

I'd recommend it.
I know there was that backlash about the national dex,but it's a solid game and great addition to the series.
This is the perfect point to jump in, if you haven't already.

If you're not sold on it now, you could wait a little longer for the DLC to come out. I personally enjoyed the story and my play through but I'm not the type of player that's super invested in buffing up my team to do VS battles, so post-game is a little less interesting to me. Raids are fun with friends but I find it hard for me to bring myself to leave my other games to hop on and do raids. I still think the game is worth it though! I'm definitely going to be playing more of it when DLC comes out (even if it's after ACNH comes out :'D)

Also this may be unpopular opinion, but I totally wasn't fussed about the national dex because my god it would have taken me forever to complete my dex otherwise.

I never really liked pokemon before this game. I played x/y and got all the badges and never played again. I played sun/moon for like 5 hours. But pokemon sword made me really like pokemon. Idk what it is about this game, but I love it. Already at 120 hours. I recommend it.

I wasn't really excited for it since I play Pokemon games to collect and complete the Pokedex so it was a huge bummer that some of the dex was cut. However, I bought it on day one and I had a blast, I liked it more than any of the previous recent games. The DLC coming out in June looks great, and I am just as excited about it as I am for New Horizons. I really recommend picking up SW/SH.

It's not the best but it isn't the worst either. I was pissed off that I couldn't get Squirtle and Bulba on release but now I have both thanks to a friendly trader and im back in it!

Back