Mafia Shadowrun: Dragonfall Mafia - Town Wins!

What's the posting at night rules around here. I didn't see anything on the front page so I assume it's okay?

lol @ thinking it's ok to meta lynch.

Yo Rune, mind explaining why you think metalynching works? Also, I'd like an answer to my question on post 166 (I meant PB about the bussing thing, not Dolby. My apologies for not making that clear).

@rune what weird foses are you talking about? i've only suspected dolby and crys (and technically you, but you didn't even see that post)

and what is this about meta, you've played one game with me

YFeRgLJ.png

You could barely cope with Monika’s passing. The rest of Berlin suffered with you. Monika ran Berlin, and she made sure everyone was safe and happy. Germany was rough, it was only a country in anarchy and was ran by cooperations. It was an anarchist capitalist’s dream come true. Berlin wasn’t perfect, but Monika made it so much better. She was like a mother to them, she cared about all of them. Each and every single one, no matter their race or color.

So naturally, you weren’t the only one who took her death hard. The rest of your teammates mourned. Some of them even blamed you for her death.

Deep inside, you blamed yourself too.

You shut yourself to your quarters, sighing in your chair. You push your feet off the wall and the chair rolls to your computer. You stare at the screen, before checking your messages. You had one new message.

Monika pops up on your screen. For a second, you thought she was alive. But you realized this was just a dead man’s switch. It was to be sent when she died.

hgCdJ9y.png
So I’m finally dead, eh?

I guess it came to this.

Hey rookie, can you do me a favor?

Take care of Berlin for me. Please.

You hesitate. You pause the recording, staring at her face. You remember her last moments, and the way she looked before she died. Before you let her down.

You can barely finish the rest of the recording, but you play it again.​

hgCdJ9y.png

I know you’re new. You barely know my team. But get to know them, they’ll be an incredible asset for you.

Tell Amsel I’m sorry too. The old man will be having to deal with you guys now. He has enough headaches as it is.

She laughs, pulling her head back. You wonder when she recorded this. Was it yesterday, last week, or when you first came? For a moment, you think you see a tear coming out of her eye. But Monika laughs.

hgCdJ9y.png

Ha, did you think I was crying for a second?

I bet you did. You’re way too gullible. But I know you’ll do great.

Take care, rookie. I’ll miss you.

The recording stops, and you stare at the screen. You rub your eyes before looking at the clock. It’s midnight. You hear a ruckus outside, and the city is rioting.

No one could accept Monika’s death. You lean against the wall, hearing faint sounds of yelling and fighting. Berlin has fallen so quickly without her.

You fall asleep, resting your head on the table.

When you wake up, the coffee shop across the street smells like embers. You rub your eyes, and look out your window. The coffee shop was in ruins. You dress quickly, and run outside. Neighbors clean the streets of blood, and you run through the crowd.

You find Altug's body hanging from the front of the shop. Civilians work to bring Altug's body down. You stare at his body, and he looks like he was stoned to death. His eyes are swollen, and his arms are covered in bruises. His shirt is stained with blood, and the coffee shop windows are broken.

You can't believe it for a moment. You shake a nearby orc, and ask why Altug is dead. The orc simply snorts. "The town went crazy after Monika died, decided Altug had something to do with it."

Altug? He was a simple man with a coffee shop. You knew he was somewhat of a spy, but he worked for the good of the town. He worked with Monika. There was no reason for him to die.

You watch as Altug's body is pulled away, and you look at the chaos around you. You needed to stop this, fast. You needed to take control.

But how could you? You weren't Monika. You were a stranger. The town was uneasy, and they wanted someone to blame for Monika's death. They needed someone to take out their anger on, even if they were innocent.

Berlin is burning.​

Dolby, aka Altug, was the scrapegoat.
cYdpJNU.png
Your name is Altug, a townie. You run the local cafe, and you have some pretty good coffee. You use your eavesdropping skills to pick up on interesting information. The information might not always be big, but it’s always at least helpful. You have no powers besides your voice. You win when all anti town forces are dead.

Night ends in 24 hours. Night ends at 4PM PST / 7 PM EST. Please PM me your actions in the title, thank you.
also sorry this is late tbt went down for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's the posting at night rules around here. I didn't see anything on the front page so I assume it's okay?

You may post unless the thread is locked.

Last edited:
Kinda saw that coming tbh, but at the same time I couldn't let him off the hook purely because if a scum was that ****ty and I gave them benefit of the doubt I'd be killing myself.

Doesn't matter. It's day 1, and we got a ton of info. We lynched a vanillager.

Why bother answering the RQS if you?re not going to provide any useful information out of it?
I did it t basically say that I was active and ready to play.
Feels very much ?I don?t wanna vote Dolby, so here?s a weak reasoning on Endless and maybe people will jump on it."
Well it wasn't actually that. It was more that I personally was getting strong town reads from Dolby and refused to vote for him. I just wanted to voice my own opinion and not go on the bandwagon/use a scapegoat. I felt weird about endless so I tried to get it out, nothing more than that.
We?ve actually gotten quite a bit of information, more than enough for you to make an actual case if you so chose. Not having much information to make a case D1 is a totally invalid excuse.
Depends what you call a case. For me a case is usually really large with undeniable evidence, in contrast it was nothing like that for this Dolby "case" I dont even know where suspicion on Dolby even came from. Most of the stuff from here on has been like, meta.
Again, this D1 has been very active - there?s more than enough information to make a case. I may have joked about RQS = scum for Endless, but that?s a completely stupid reason to suspect him IMO. I will consider your point about him going after strong targets as mafia, but again, I refuse to lynch someone based on meta alone, and I don?t think that?s enough to FOS him.YEah I guess I was grasping on straws for the RQS but the voting thing still puts me off. Second, if you think that you have enough for a full case against Dolby by not at least a FOS on endless, I think your wrong.

Sorry for jumbled thoughts/words, I just came home.

@Crys
What's inherently suspicious about asking questions, though? First off, I can see why he asked several of the ones he did (half of them were to get the person answering comfortable, the other half was to analyze some pre-stuff in their gameplay (experience, levels of WIFOM, people partnering with each other). But I don't get what's so suspicious about asking questions.

Also, what do you think about Dolby's actions in general? Not just the whole thing about him kicking off day, but the content of the posts themselves.

I won't be able to post anything of substance until I get home, so look out for that.

What's inherently suspicious about asking questions, though? First off, I can see why he asked several of the ones he did (half of them were to get the person answering comfortable, the other half was to analyze some pre-stuff in their gameplay (experience, levels of WIFOM, people partnering with each other). But I don't get what's so suspicious about asking questions.
Also, what do you think about Dolby's actions in general? Not just the whole thing about him kicking off day, but the content of the posts themselves.

1. I admit that I was kind of grasping at straws for that but the action of using it to like show that he was useful for town reminds me of how he did that in bravely default. My suspicion on him is more minor.
2. It just felt like yeah Dolby was kind of wishy-washy. I think it was him that went from lynch to no lynch. But i think that at that moment he was just trying to get town off his back. I agree with his red flags list, but I'll talk about that more when I have actual evidence. Like him I was also getting a town read from SarsaKat. I'm unsure what I think about ender though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@crys how can you say that the dolby lynch was too meta but support fos'ing endless on meta alone?
I said that most suspicions from day 1 are mostly going to be built on meta. I didn't say that the dolby lynch was too meta.

tbh I actually should have relied on my meta feelings about Dolby: he's not played since the time when the random lynching, lynching distractions, and no lynching was easy to make happen on here, whereas we've come to really embrace scumhunting right off the bat Day 1 - but there are a lot of inconsistencies with what he responded to me with.

Speaking of inconsistencies, I'd like others to read LaBelle's big post a few pages ago: it reeks of someone being wishy-washy. She claims that it was indeed sarcasm, but it in fact wasn't - she's right about Endless, we shouldn't write him off, but you were acting leery of him from the getgo and continue to do so. So why are you turning on Crystal and saying she'd be a good lynch candidate because they agreed with being leery of Endless? You went on to say this about Crystal:

Why bother answering the RQS if you?re not going to provide any useful information out of it?

Uh, you just admitted to answering the RQS sarcastically and thus you were basically providing useless information as well, but because Crystal did the same thing you're trying to use it as evidence to make a case against them. It's clear that you weren't the same as Crystal in that you weren't suspecting Endless for the use of RQS, but you were being a devil's advocate about his use of it in a sense, however It's really clear that your case agaisnt Crystal was based on that difference alone - it's an easy way to make you seem like you weren't bandwagoning on the Dolby lynch when in the end you did, and seem like an active player offering something unique in your reads, which comes off as fillery.

You seemed very objective in the rest of your post against Dolby, and talked to him in a very matter of fact way that didn't read as 'I'm actually convinced you're maf' and in a sense you didn't need to appear that way - it was giving us info after all, and his defense was easy to write off. Personally, what bothered me about his defense was that it was overly defensive and then he suddenly turned to the random namedropping. I digress - there's something about the writing of that part of your post that seems off as well. I've got way too many things due at midnight to dissect that though, so I'll leave you alone from there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I don't remember your gender Crys I'm sorry.

@Tom Then I think you ought to explain your reads and why you're reading people like Dolby, Crys, and Labelle as town (and sus of PB). Also, why would we on purpose make D1 unproductive? That just doesnt make any sense.

Also, adding onto the list, green = Townie, blue = PR Town, and red = Mafia.

*acknowledge
I'm not gonna bother explaining why I didn't hop onto the bus to Bandwagonsville, but Dolby didn't really strike me as that suspicious. And a lot of the reasoning was meta/wahhh I don't wanna properly analyze Dolby compared easier to read strong players like myself. Like this whole lynch reeked of laziness and I wasn't going to take part in it.

Crys is suspicious in my eyes, if only because they tend to get away with just chilling in the background and doing next to nothing to contribute to the game. They seem to be more silent when playing as mafia, so I would definitely keep an eye on them. I mean if we want to play some boring meta game I'd be willing to bet five whole angry customers and three crying retail employees that Crys is probably a roleblocker, but I've never really been good at the whole meta bs.

Just going to echo Dad here, Labelle screams wishy washy like they're unwilling to pick a stance here. Just kinda throwing lukewarm pasta at the wall and hoping it'll stick.

I'll save thoughts on PB for another time.

As for my reasoning on voting for Dad, I was mostly going fishing. I wanted to see if anyone would bite and give me a reaction I was interested in, but the best I got was Ashtot giving me more likes than a 12 year gives a screaming swedish man on Youtube. Speaking of which, Ashtot bugs the hell of out me the most right now so he's at the top of my chart for being sus.

Oh yeah rip. To be more precise, why do you find those individuals not suspicious then.
LC4qV.jpg

EXPLAINERINO'D

Like this whole lynch reeked of laziness and I wasn't going to take part in it.

Then why did you wait until now to provide your thoughts? I mean, you don't have to explain waiting for the bait to work (it didn't) but I guess it's not a huge loss since you're not committed to getting anyone lynched because of uncertainty. That says something about you, in the least, but if anything you could expand on what you're talking about with Ashtot because he's so unpredictable and thus far he's hard to read - and it's best to call him out on that unpredictability right away or he'll use it to get away with staying alive as mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I won't be able to post anything of substance until I get home, so look out for that.

Lookin out for you lurking a few minutes ago, two hours after you made this post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just going to echo Dad here, Labelle screams wishy washy like they're unwilling to pick a stance here. Just kinda throwing lukewarm pasta at the wall and hoping it'll stick.

Yeah that's the first impression I'm getting from her this game, better worded, remind me to remember that.

Lookin out for you lurking a few minutes ago, two hours after you made this post.

Yeah, I'm trying to read, but I won't be able to post anything long until I get back on PC. I'll respond to anything if it's really important.

Back