• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Shadowrun: Dragonfall Mafia - Town Wins!

I just realized I haven't given thoughts about people in general yet:

Anyone who I've marked as "to look at later" (or tlal), I'm gonna look back at their posts later and try to get a better read on them. I'm not confident with said read.

Strong scum read: n/a
Weak scum read: Endless, Ashtot
Neutral: LaBelle (TLAL), Forek (TLAL)
Weak town read: Enderwiggin, crys (TLAL), Runeraider (TLAL), Tom
Strong town read: Dad

Too inactive to get a read: Feloreena, LCocoBean (Apparently they're posting on TBT though? Hmm...), blu rose (leaning weak town)

@Tom Mkay, take your time c:

I'm going to vote for Endless as I still feel that he is being maf (I'm not jumping on the bw, I was just unsure at first) but something does still feel off about Ender. I can't quite say what it is, but I will watch out.

Some conspiracy theorist part of me says that this is all an orchestrated bus between Endless and Ender. I wouldn't put it past Ender to do something like this.

Some conspiracy theorist part of me says that this is all an orchestrated bus between Endless and Ender. I wouldn't put it past Ender to do something like this.

I've given that a thought but it wouldn't make sense unless they're bad as me as maf - the lesson I learned from a recent game, and it's a universal tip when you're mafia, is that you don't want to bus your partners unless you absolutely have to - your KP is your key to having a better chance of winning. I think both Endless and Ender are experienced enough to know that.

I'm going to vote for Endless as I still feel that he is being maf (I'm not jumping on the bw, I was just unsure at first) but something does still feel off about Ender. I can't quite say what it is, but I will watch out.

Funny story about that: in one of my mafia games, these two people argued against each other for a solid 4 in game days. In the end, they both ended up being in the same mafia team. Go figure :p

Considering how hard they're pushing to lynch each other though (not just FOSes that they're not going to act on), I don't think it's a bus.

I've given that a thought but it wouldn't make sense unless they're bad as me as maf - the lesson I learned from a recent game, and it's a universal tip when you're mafia, is that you don't want to bus your partners unless you absolutely have to - your KP is your key to having a better chance of winning. I think both Endless and Ender are experienced enough to know that.

That's assuming they have 3 members. As Endless himself pointed out, it's more likely that it's a 4 member mafia team.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Therefore, losing a team member would not impact the kp. This would probably be a good trade for putting a strong mafia player in a 'clear' position.

So you have any reads? I wanna know.

So Dad is town fmpov, and probably in most peoples pov in this game haha. So apperently people are thinking that if endless flips scum that means im scum? Not sure where that came from but I'll read back to where it was. Let me restate that - Really not sure where that came from. I'm probably on the same train with labelle on this, I wasn't defending Endless when i was questioning crys i was just asking where that random fos came from.

Endless is todays lynch candidate, so I'll probably search through their posts again before voting - or just read enders ISO (ofc posting my own thoughts haha). Ender is confirmed cop as I'm seeing it with no cc. I'll post my reads now in sameish fashion as sarasa, WLL is will look later, so basically same fashion as sarasa lol:

Strong scum reads: None.
Weak scum reads: Endless (might go to strong scum read if i find any more evidence that wasnt included in enders case)
Neutral: Rune, Crys, Ashtot. (Bumped him from weak town reads because im not sure hes town)
Weak Town reads: Labelle, Tom, Ender, Sarasa.
Strong Town reads: Dad.

Sorry bout the copy, will post my thoughts + the reads later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: lol WLL was supposed to be erased oops

That's assuming they have 3 members. As Endless himself pointed out, it's more likely that it's a 4 member mafia team.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Therefore, losing a team member would not impact the kp. This would probably be a good trade for putting a strong mafia player in a 'clear' position.
endless actually said that. its actually really unlikely. And in a 15 player game is unlikely.

dude its okay stop protecting ur scum buddy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

endless actually said that. its actually really unlikely. And in a 15 player game is unlikely.

dude its okay stop protecting ur scum buddy.
oops i repeated the same thing twice.

So you have any reads? I wanna know.

I do, but not on some people since I usuallly concentrate on a few people at a time. I won't be able to post my reads until I get home though. (This iPad sucks.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

htf is dat defending i was against him read pls :((((

It's not unlikely, that's how the maths works, 1 maf for 3 town. Did you redo it in your head and get 37 or something?

I do, but not on some people since I usuallly concentrate on a few people at a time. I won't be able to post my reads until I get home though. (This iPad sucks.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

htf is dat defending i was against him read pls :((((

It's not unlikely, that's how the maths works, 1 maf for 3 town. Did you redo it in your head and get 37 or something?
I think Dad did the math somewhere. Anyway, that comment was sarcastic :lemon:

I referenced KarlaKGB in that a good balance is 1 mafia per 5 players, because I agree with him on that, and said that a lot of people who host on tbt follow either 1;4 or 1;5, 1;3 is extremely unbalanced.

I'm truly and honestly leaning towards Endless being scum at the moment, which I'm surprised I don't feel more uncertain about, because he's the type of person who I think wouldn't post like he's posting right now as scum (but it's also not very productive town posting either).

Wish I had your confidence in this. :D I'm waking up and wondering if I fired from the wrong foot. Going to wait for his post before I think about that tho.

btw Ender what do you mean by this? I don't see the indication of that combo at the moment. The only thing she's given us is that she wasn't serious serious about Endless, but just on guard. Like maybe her going easy on Endless by clarifying it was just sarcasm can be read as backing heat off him, but I'm not convinced that she was intentionally backing off here.

"If anything" implies that there isn't much there, but if I were to read something from it, it would be Endless/Labelle. Not in the slightest do I say that with confidence. I was saying that my initial Labelle/Crys read was really bad and that if there was ANY combo I took from that, it should be Endless/Labelle. Sorry for my miswording. :D

who tf is enderwiggin have i played with you before

Have you played much EpicMafia? I haven't played on EM for 6 months now, and haven't played serious for a year and a half. But you easily could've played with me. :D

@EnderWiggin (Post #272+280) and @everyone wondering why the heck I don't think Dolby's case made sense
See "@Endless (Post #219)" but also:
Here's what I believe Endless' case to be:
First point actually makes a little sense but doesn't really stand that well overall.
Or maybe I'm not understanding the first point.
Second point dismissed by Dolby's last little area that Endless quoted which proves that Dolby WASN'T SUSPICIOUS OF ASHTOT:
"...I'm glad that he's taking this game somewhat seriously now."
Third and fourth points are dismissed because of the same reason second point was.
I'm sorry if this is so painfully obvious as to how it makes sense. For me, it just really doesn't.

It... was a combination of things.

Dolby was uh... not good in the first place. Even before Endless came in, I was up for lynching him purely because of a really weird opener and follow ups that seemed more about defending himself and then... his reads also were like out of no where and aaaaalmost seemed like he was townreading the biggest people on his wagon.

To be honest, I didn't have doubts UNTIL Endless' post, but I wanted Endless to be right. I wanted Endless/Ender townteam, because it's so much easier when I know he is on my side. And to be honest, that blinded me.

OK, so, Ender said that they're a blue (he all but confirmed he's cop) and that they were roleblocked last night because Endless thought that they were a cop and were checking them. Except that would make no sense.

If Endless really thought that Ender was a cop, why would they roleblock Ender instead of killing them? Did they really think that killing PB was more important than killing a potential blue? If Ender is telling the truth here (but I don't think he is) then PB must have done something very important. So, Ender, rather than focusing on Endless, maybe you should see why PB was killed in the first place, if you really are blue?

So you post this, a "Hole" in my story, and then you vote Endless? Okay?

And no, I don't think Endless "Thought I was cop." If you have a spare mafia roleblock, what do you do with it? Usually you block the people you think might be dangerous with any sort of town power, and especially with a cop scry.

PB was killed because Endless was never going to be able to get them lynched.

I'm not entirely sure why you're reacting to Dolby's lynch the way you are - Dolby was contradicting himself at points, seemed overly defensive, and despite trying to get the ball rolling with what he claimed to be baiting he did little to actually give reads on people. At the time, nobody's behavior was as scummy as his, and my uncertainty about it was meta but it was right, I think. Point is, it gave us info and now that Enderwiggin can confirm that Endless' maf playstyle tends to be picking one person and sticking to it it makes sense in retrospect when looking at the Dolby lynch. A part of why Endless was successful in getting a mislynch day one was that he was the most active person in the game at that time and was using Dolby's mistakes to make it happen.

This paragraph is making me uncomfortable but I can't place my finger on why.

Yo Ender, there's some things I'd like clarified:

That was from your case against Endless. What was the key point that you mentioned? I never saw you bring it up later. Also, what're you referring to with "it"?

So let me get this straight - the main reason you're suspicious of him is meta? The other reasons that I could gleam from it were that you asked about an inconsistency and that he didn't reply, the fact that you were blocked last night, and the night kills last night (this reason made the most sense to me tbh).

It = Pillow Bunny's death.

That was that Pillow Bunny's death, I'm pretty sure, is because Endless was never going to be able to lynch them. So his obfuscation without mentioning that possibility was the key point.

The meta is the kicker. I'm suspicious for him for a. the kills and block last night. b. his inconsistencies in the Dolby case and there-on. c. the meta.

The meta contributes but is the very last kicker. The Kills/Block is the biggest point.

;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you played much EpicMafia? I haven't played on EM for 6 months now, and haven't played serious for a year and a half. But you easily could've played with me. :D

If you play other forum mafia I might've met you on another forum too. I just assume anyone here who has met me probably met me on EM for some reason.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate easy-wagons. It just piles up the votes and you start to wonder how right you were after all.

I'm probably being too confident about everything and I figure if I'm wrong Endless gets to laugh at me, and part of me feels bad for pushing him so hard when he might not be able to get on and fight me, but it's how things played out sequentially (Sarasa's reveal, Endless reacting to me/pillow bunny death, you outing yourself as pr and roleblocked, there's no other player on the list I can think of who would make those mafia decisions than Endless. But with how hard I'm pushing and accusing him of, his response will be interesting, looking forward to it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

how much*

Holy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright let's address one thing at a time:
The meta. I NEVER kill someone because they'll be hard for me to get lynched. This is evidenced in bravely default when I left dad alive the whole game. My play as both alignments is to hold my steam on one player - sometimes I've stepped back and switched who that person is, but I'm always solitarily on one person. This is shown in bravely default/KtbC, respectively. And Ender you saw me play like this as town in Mutineers. (Reasonably similar accuracy day 1 too.)

Spoilers, my kill style as mafia is literally always who I percieve as blue. Remember how I tried to kill waffles in bravely default? Yeah.

I can't say I wouldn't block Ender. But then again, Ender being blocked is such a weak reason to vote me.

Additionally. I'm almost positive Ender is town. Whoever thinks this will become Ender vs. me is somehow dillusional. The funniest part about this is that I never had a case on Ender, although I did have gut suspicion. I didn't have time to write any cases and I just really didn't like his early insistence for content without providing any/much himself. So I was basically attempting to light a fire under him with that final post. Looks like it worked - although role claiming was terrible and you shouldn't have done it.

I know I said Dad was town, but he's lock town. That junk he said about doctor is hellishly towny. Although Dad, you shouldn't have said it. Now mafia are going to have no qualms offing Ender tonight.

Ender's town because town is going to have, without a shadow of a doubt, a cop style role.

There's enough pressure on me here to claim my blue but totally green role, Hi, I'm Goldfish, a drunk.
Nah, when I say drunk I'm not talking about the ability to roleblock, that'd be rad.
Every night I randomly visit someone and they then target me that night. I have no idea who I visit each night.

As for the supposed inconsistencies in my Dolby case: Anyone opposing this really isn't reading hard enough. Also, I don't make fake cases as mafia, so me having 'inconsistencies' isn't a tell. I can address each individual point if it's posed to me though.

What else..

So i finally jumped on my Computer, so i'm gonna post my thoughts on some players.

Ashtot.
So i read through his posts, and there is literally nothing but filler. He pushed hard for pillow to die/lynched. So i'm thinking, is this a frame? As others have said, Ashtot has a choatic playstyle. Getting a read from his posts is really hard, but i'm not sure. I can't tell if he's town or mafia. His claim kinda is believable. That's why i put him on neutral read, because i really can't tell. When he posts more i'll try to make a better read.

Crys.
So they fos'ed Endless at the beginning, which seemed strange. BUT, they ended up voting for Dolby even though this post says otherwise:
to me, Dolby just seems like town trying to seem at the start if the game, its not worth my vote. Endless' play style reminds me how he played in bravely default mafia. I will probably vote for them unless something comes up.
They were sus of Endless but that post said that they were going to vote for somebody else unless something else comes up? Why didn't they vote Endless instead of Dolby? Meh, their inconsistencys with their posts is strange.

Will post more later.

So i finally jumped on my Computer, so i'm gonna post my thoughts on some players.

Ashtot.
So i read through his posts, and there is literally nothing but filler. He pushed hard for pillow to die/lynched. So i'm thinking, is this a frame? As others have said, Ashtot has a choatic playstyle. Getting a read from his posts is really hard, but i'm not sure. I can't tell if he's town or mafia. His claim kinda is believable. That's why i put him on neutral read, because i really can't tell. When he posts more i'll try to make a better read.

Crys.
So they fos'ed Endless at the beginning, which seemed strange. BUT, they ended up voting for Dolby even though this post says otherwise: They were sus of Endless but that post said that they were going to vote for somebody else unless something else comes up? Why didn't they vote Endless instead of Dolby? Meh, their inconsistencys with their posts is strange.

Will post more later.
I didnt vote for Dolby at all.

What else? There's a lot. You've done well with keeping a calm face while defending yourself though. I particularly like the part where you're claiming you're a bluesniper when you're mafia - that makes sense, but of course on night 1 it's a shot in the dark so saying 'if I were mafia I'd be bluesniping and that's why this doesn't match my killstyle' isn't applicable in the situation.

The funniest part about this is that I never had a case on Ender, although I did have gut suspicion. I didn't have time to write any cases and I just really didn't like his early insistence for content without providing any/much himself.

I'm not sold about this in particular, nor am I on the claim, since I think you're capable of pulling that out of the game's wiki. The suspicion on Ender came out of nowhere and you've quickly backed off it after you've come back post his ISO of you, and the work he's done with everyone else. Plus, I don't recall seeing you at least briefly call him out for not posting much, you even said it had nothing to do with his activity levels:

@SarasaKat I did. :p

Due to irl circumstances, I can't access my comp until tomorrow. To give a basic summery though I townread SarasaKat, rune and dad, am under the impression ender is mafia.

I'll post the case which is mostly written up on my comp when I get up tomorrow. And no it doesn't have anything to do with his activity levels.

So if you said 'no, it doesn't have anything to do with his activity levels', then how was that lighting a fire under his ass like you claim it to be?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, it would have been very hard for you to have stuck with scumreading Ender when you can't based on his contributions to the game, similarly to how you can't scumread Runeraider because of his posting (which we agree on, obviously). You know who not to grill.

Also lol if I turn out to be right about Endless and Forek being on the team together.

Back