• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Series, movie, game ect, that give you a different feeling then it was susposed too

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
So as a movie buff, I think that there are plenty of movies, and some defently give us different impressions

Example, when ever I see Lion King the first thing that comes to mind is sad xD. Coco my dad takes as a comedy, and I cant stop crying during it.

Friends thought Friday the Thirteenth was terrifying, when I thought it was funny. Because I was picturing all the shots as the camera man just closely following them.

Game example, my EX found Man of Medan terrifying, and I found it funny from the acting omg.

Happening, susposed to be a horror but is actually super funny in my opinion

I could list even more, but how about you? Got any series that make you feel different?

Last edited:
Pokemon the anime

What its supposed to make you feel: Ash is going on another adventure. Yay!

What it makes me feel: Give me a real protagonist with character development, please TPC! Retire this immortal child marketing tool!

Pokemon the anime

What it makes me feel: Give me a real protagonist with character development, please TPC! Retire this immortal child marketing tool!
Omg that made my day xD Yes please retire him,

This isn't a series, but a movie. I guess some people find The Shining to be scary/suspenseful, but it's never been like that for me. Because it takes place in the winter, I like to watch it during the winter when it's snowy outside. I get a blanket, a hot drink, and relax. It's always been a "cozy" movie for me. XD

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
So as a movie buff, I think that there are plenty of movies, and some defently give us different impressions

Example, when ever I see Lion King the first thing that comes to mind is sad xD. Coco my dad takes as a comedy, and I cant stop crying during it.

Friends thought Friday the Thirteenth was terrifying, when I thought it was funny. Because I was picturing all the shots as the camera man just closely following them.

Game example, my EX found Man of Medan terrifying, and I found it funny from the acting omg.

Happening, susposed to be a horror but is actually super funny in my opinion

I could list even more, but how about you? Got any series that make you feel different?
Okay actually building off Man of Medan, when a roommate of mine played House of Ashes, he disliked how action-moviey it was and liked the horror of previous games. I loved it.

Prime example; Animal Crossing series. Everyone including marketing tend to advertise it as "Relaxing, play your own pace" kind of game, but yeah I felt it was very stressful since I tend to aim for completing everything I can rather than make fancy houses and patterns or whatever, not to mention when you get 10 ugly villagers and need to force them out. I tried both some main games as well as Pocket Camp and.. yeah I think PC is even worse with micro-transactions.

Pokemon the anime

On the one hand, I like Ash because he’s a classic, he’s so stupid he’s funny but on the other hand, the anime being targeted towards young kids gets pretty boring. I would say keep the anime for the younger fanbase, but make full-length series with character development like twilight wings that would appeal more to the older fanbase. I absolutely adored twilight wings, I wish it had way more episodes ;u; Maybe add Jessie, James and Meowth back in for the comic relief XD

Last edited:
Prime example; Animal Crossing series. Everyone including marketing tend to advertise it as "Relaxing, play your own pace" kind of game, but yeah I felt it was very stressful since I tend to aim for completing everything I can rather than make fancy houses and patterns or whatever, not to mention when you get 10 ugly villagers and need to force them out. I tried both some main games as well as Pocket Camp and.. yeah I think PC is even worse with micro-transactions.
I feel this! Plus if you're in the community, you get that urge to not 'fall behind' and it kinda pressures you to keep up with those that can spend hours and hours in the game daily. You get pressured to get all the items, have the best island, etc.

I feel this! Plus if you're in the community, you get that urge to not 'fall behind' and it kinda pressures you to keep up with those that can spend hours and hours in the game daily. You get pressured to get all the items, have the best island, etc.
Yeah, I can also feel it's worse if you use Nookazon or feel even more pressured to complete and buy stuff unless you have nice friends that can help also, etc. And ^yeah, not only by community but most events are definitely not relaxing, not for me at least.

Yeah, I can also feel it's worse if you use Nookazon or feel even more pressured to complete and buy stuff unless you have nice friends that can help also, etc. And ^yeah, not only by community but most events are definitely not relaxing, not for me at least.
You actually raise a really good point to how the series has transformed from a relaxing low stress chill time with your animal friends to how you're responsible for everything and can basically be god to your island. You can of course not touch your island but there's pressure everywhere to do so and to be the best. I tried very hard to not be part of communities where they always showed their island but even without that I feel the pressure.

You actually raise a really good point to how the series has transformed from a relaxing low stress chill time with your animal friends to how you're responsible for everything and can basically be god to your island. You can of course not touch your island but there's pressure everywhere to do so and to be the best. I tried very hard to not be part of communities where they always showed their island but even without that I feel the pressure.
Yeah, I really don't like this god aspect either, plus how they raised the difficulty on some things like getting a perfect island etc. And I agree about community pressure, I tried staying off most of that aside doing some events on here when I did play NH but you also indeed see how people put pressure on getting everything, trading, landscaping etc.

I have to share The Room since it's intended to be a serious drama, but the acting are script are so horrendous that it's funny. There are so many quotable lines that I can't go over all of them. I even created a decent Tommy Wiseau impression. The only thing I don't ironically enjoy about the film is the tasteless final five minutes. Other than that it's hilarious.

Oh I remember.

Parks and Recreation was supposed to be a nice funny show.

Instead almost every character annoyed the living **** out of me.

Back