• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia *main thread* [GAME OVER. SEE POST #460 FOR RESULTS.]

droqen

pixel artist videogame maker occasional fun haver
Bells
Switch
1071-4834-8329
Silent Night Bauble
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Green Moon Jellyfish
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Green Christmas Stocking

Let's do a NINE-PLAYER SALMON RUN. What could go wrong at Hazard Level Supermax?

Well, you all appear to be Inklings -- the Good Guys -- fellow part-timers just trying to afford that next piece of gear. Most of you are, in fact, innocent shift workers... but some of your co-workers aren't very profreshional at all. There are two secret Salmonids trying to dismantle Mr. Grizz's totally legitimate and conscientious operation.

The game is divided into two alternating phases: 48-hour days, and 24-hour nights.

DAY (48 hours)

During the day all players publicly post and discuss (in this thread) and place votes (in the day actions thread) on who should be eliminated. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is eliminated and their true identity is revealed. The goal of all Inkling players is to eliminate the 2 secret Salmonids.

NIGHT (24 hours)

During the night (24 hours), the thread will be locked. Each player has a piece of gear which they may deploy in order to affect the game (if they aren't tired from working -- more on that soon).

In addition to having gear just like the other players, the 2 secret Salmonid players direct the mob of cohocks and chum and grillers... Together, they choose one player to eliminate every night.

The goal of the Salmonid players is to survive long enough, and eliminate enough Inklings, that they make up at least half of the work crew -- at which point they take over.

So who's really on your work crew? Who's got your back? The Salmonids know who each other are, and they even have a private communication channel. You don't know, but surely your boss, Mr. Grizz, can help out...

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Looks like a couple Salmonids snuck their way into your work crew.
Yeah, that's too bad.
Might wanna sniff 'em out before they splat ya.
But in the meantime, NO SLACKING! You have a quota to fill, kid.

There's one additional game mechanic:
COLLECTING GOLDEN EGGS.

1639172389384.png

art by @shellbell

There is a quota of GOLDEN EGGS to collect every day.

During the day, at least half of the players must COLLECT GOLDEN EGGS*. Working makes you tired. Anyone who collects golden eggs during the day is too tired to use their gear abilities** that night. Mr. Grizz has provided everyone with a powerful piece of gear, but he expects the quota to be met... or the entire work crew will be FIRED, which is exactly what the Salmonids want. And then you won't be able to afford that Takoroka Windcrusher!

*To collect golden eggs, see the day actions thread. The required number of egg collectors is always half the number of living players, rounded up. The exact number will also be given at the start of every day.

**both Inklings and Salmonids who are tired from working can't use their gear, but Salmonids still get their night elimination no matter what.

Inklings win if...
  • all the Salmonids are eliminated.
Salmonids win if...
  • at least half the surviving players are Salmonids.
  • or if the quota has not been met at the end of the day phase.
ADDITIONAL RULES
  • No communication outside the public thread. No outside communication is allowed about the game. Living players may only discuss the game by posting in the public thread.
  • EXCEPTION: Private communication abilities. Certain rules may specifically allow players to communicate outside of the public thread. These are the only exceptions to the above rule. I will be hosting private communication channels on itch.io (so, please make an account, even if it is just a throwaway one).
  • No editing posts. Do not edit posts made in the public thread, or the day action thread.
  • Day actions. There is another thread exclusively for posting "day actions". The only day actions are voting to eliminate a player, changing your vote, and collecting a golden egg (you may not undo this action). See that thread for the specific format.
  • Ties break according to who was first. In the case of a tie, whichever reached its current value first wins the tie. (If there are 2 votes to eliminate Callie and 3 votes for Marie (2-Callie, 3-Marie), and then someone votes Callie making it a tie (3-Callie, 3-Marie), Marie is still set to be eliminated.)
  • Roles are revealed. Players who are Splatted (eliminated) or voted out have their roles and abilities and gear revealed immediately.
If you have any questions, either ask them in this thread once the game begins, or send me a private message.

Last edited:
DAY 1 BEGINS
(Dec 10th, 7:00 PM EST - Dec 12th, 7:00 PM EST)
The work crew:
1. @b100ming
2. @Ghost2008
3. @Miss Misty
4. @BetsySundrop
5. @shawo
6. @shellbell
7. @Caffline
8. @Elundor
9. @tessa.

S2_Stage_Spawning_Grounds.png

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
All right, rookies, listen up. Grizzco is a results-based organization.
If you don't hit the Golden Egg quota each day, you're finished.
You can worry about finding those Salmonids on your own time.

Welcome to the Spawning Grounds.
I expect five of you to be FULL-TIME on COLLECTING EGGS!

Just for clarity... I am new to this game. I chose to collect so as to free up some of you more seasoned players actions for the evening.

Seasoned?! Are you going to EAT US?!

Lol jk, but here’s a thing

Name:
Are you with the mafia:
Do you read Wings of Fire? If you say no you are automatically mafia:
Favorite holiday tradition:

Name: b100ming
Preferred pronouns: she/her
Are you with the mafia: No, I’m [REDACTED]
Do you read Wings of Fire? If you say no you are automatically mafia: #1 fan
Favorite holiday tradition: making cookies.

201398B7-83B7-41C0-B312-7D4B12CEB959.jpeg

One of my OCs that I base edited to be a hybrid. Original “base” was by a fandomer named Olivetheartist.

Name: Misty
Preferred pronouns: She/her
Are you with the mafia: Not this time.
Do you read Wings of Fire? If you say no you are automatically mafia: I don't even know what that is sorry. I'm an Old(tm).
Favorite holiday tradition: Driving around looking at Christmas lights

Name: Caffline
Preferred pronouns: She/her
Are you with the mafia: No
Do you read Wings of Fire? If you say no you are automatically mafia: No… but I swear I’m not mafia…. I’m just illiterate
Favorite holiday tradition: Scoping out Boxing Day sales

Name: Elundor
Preferred pronouns: He/Him
Are you with the mafia: No, I’m [REDACTED]
Do you read Wings of Fire? Unfortunately I don't have much time to read these days, so no.
Favorite holiday tradition: Does spoiling my gf count? I feel like it does. That's my favorite.

Just for clarity... I am new to this game. I chose to collect so as to free up some of you more seasoned players actions for the evening.

I think it's more the type of gear and how much impact. As we need 5 eggs, I'll be collecting as well.

hey
Post automatically merged:

I refuse to collect eggs I'm pr

Name: BetsySundrop
Preferred pronouns: she/her
Are you with the mafia: No
Do you read Wings of Fire? Nope! (Sorry, never heard of it.)
Favorite holiday tradition: Tie between looking at christmas lights and watching christmas movies (mostly comedies, lol)

Anyways, I did some thinking. Everyone should post whether they do or do not want to collect eggs, as well as why. Since the mafia and town both have downsides for not collecting eggs, there's gonna be some amount of merit as to seeing exactly what happens.

(hence my post above)

also... we probably shouldn't be hopping to insta collect eggs anymore, I think there's a fair amount of discussion that's worth having, and the people who use the eggs should be chosen or something.
Post automatically merged:

*quietly sobs in why am I the only WoF fan*
if I tell you I'm the #2 fan will u elect me as team leader

My plan wrt the eggs has been to weigh near the end of the day whether it'd be absolutely necessary for me to collect (while I want to use my ability, it's not worth losing the entire game over lol). My ability is one-time use so once I do use it, I'm free to collect every day with no repercussions so that's something at least.

Back