Romance in Animal Crossing?

No it's not needed at all.

Wow I didn't expect this post to get so many replies. Lol. I think it's unfair that Ankhes' post was passed over so easily, since their post seemed like the most sensible in looking at both sides of the road. A couple of people have talked about people getting married to animals in other games and I realized the Elder Scroll series is perhaps one of the more famous animal/human relations between humans and argonians. My character is married to a nord but the option was there. But given the point of differences in intended audiences I think it fits a little more in Skyrim than in Ac. I could go on a whole debate on the maturity of children and how old one has to be to establish their intentions in relationships. Heck Iv'e seen children at the age of 8 saying they're dating, and children at 11-13 are already having sex. It's a reality. And it's....sad. And theres no shortage of proof of 5-6 year olds playing COD.

In other news, Curlos and Skye had the most adorable and flirty discussion I've seen in the game so far.
It was along the lines of
Curlos: "So you liked the drawing I did the other day?"
Skye: "Yes! Where did you get such inspiration from?"
Curlos: Iit matters not, what Id like to know is if you'd be my muse".
And it went on like that until she agreed to be his muse with blushes and sly looks. It was absolutely adorable, lol.

Last edited:
You know what I'd love? I don't need romance but I've love it if your favourite villager/s could move out of their potentially crappy houses and into your huge luxurious mansion longterm or permanently. Then if they wanted to leave, first they would have to ask you if they could move out of your house, and then later ask to move out of the town. Second line of defense xD

How many though? Lol. What number is it before your house becomes a hotel? I wonder how roomates rooms would stack up to the point values for my house, that otter is evil.

For the roommate, maybe they could have like a granny flat/garage they live in, so we have a proper house, with theirs just an extension... Can't wait to share with Julian or lily... Actually it would be cute if villagers could share houses!

While I think both being able to be an animal and having actual romance between the villagers would be cute additions, I honestly don't think they would add romance between the player and the villagers. For one, it might seem, as you said, like Nintendo was in a way promoting bestiality, and it seems like Nintendo is trying to slowly make the game kid-(and conservative-)friendlier. I mean, really, we don't even have serious bathing suits. Who goes swimming in a wetsuit? (It could just be laziness, though, seeing as they'd have to make swimwear for both genders.)

Back