• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

RESOLVED: Factory Reset and Save Data Help

floatingzoo

old movie aficionado
Bells
Switch
8146-2445-4030
White Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Cosmos
Red Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Hello! I am "helping" my nephew with his animal crossing. He has two switches. His switch lite is connected to a family online program. On the switch lite he has all of his games, including Animal Crossing. His animal crossing save data is not uploaded. On his second switch he only has animal crossing which is a physical copy, once again the save data is not uploaded. He would like to reset his island on his second switch. However, before he deleted it he wanted to upload it to the dream address. I stupidly hooked it up to the family account using the same user as his switch lite -- so both switches were hooked up to the same account! Suddenly his online games began to download on the second switch. I was so afraid that his switch lite island was overwritten by his second switch island, but it wasn't.

Currently both switches are turned onto airplane mode. I would like to now simply factory reset his second switch so that he can start a new island (skipping the whole dream address thing so we don't have to connect to the internet.) However, I am afraid that this will effect the save data connected to his account. If I factory reset his second switch, could it delete the save data on his switch lite? Not just for Animal Crossing but for other games as well? Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited:
Back