Release day plans.

Katinkia

Bells
I'm in England, so it's the 14th for me. I plan to head down to GAME as soon as possible in the morning. Will probably get there about 9:30am. Pick up my preorder and figurine set and then I was thinking of going to Starbucks or Costa for coffee/fruit toast and play the game there for a while. Maybe even pick up a streetpass or two! Although that is unlikely. :( Then head home and play the game all day! I have the guide on order from Amazon so that might turn up at some point during the day.

Does anyone else have any particular plans?

I wish I had someone irl who is playing it.

I'm going to be zooming out of the store to just go home and play. xD I'll certainly be carrying my 3ds with me more often though with NL on digital. I've got one person irl to play with, but really only because I'm trying to get him into the game.

Do people really plan this far ahead >__>

My husband and I plan to go out for breakfast, go to Gamestop when it opens at 11:00, and then play right after we get home. I just pre-ordered his copy of the game!

Do people really plan this far ahead >__>
Yes! xD

My plans are: Download the game at midnight, make my character, go to sleep. 8D; Wake up early, play for a couple of hours, go pick up my NL pre-order at Gamestop at 11am, go to the family birthday party I have to attend while trying to ignore New Leaf the entire time, come home and finish setting up my towns.

Hopefully I'll have my code to download my free digital copy (by way of the buy 3 get the 4th for free promotion) by midnight on the 14th. I'll download at midnight and then go to sleep and wake up about 7-ish to move into my new town before the Nookling Junction and Able Sisters open at 8!!

I'm downloading it. I found out the hard way last time I was home on break from school that I don't have a credit card that works on the e-shop (I wanted to download Fire Emblem the day before going back to school -- not a fun surprise), so this time I went to Best Buy and bought some prepaid cards. I put the credit on the eshop, so I'm all ready for the release! Now I just have to decide if I want to play at midnight or just download it then and wait to play till morning. I don't really like starting a game at night, but I don't know if I'll be able to wait!

You are going to have two towns going?! xD I couldn't.. it would be too much~

One will be a display/novelty town and I don't want anyone in it and potentially destroying it, but I still want to wifi, so two towns.

On June 8th at 11:30 PM, I will be preparing some celebratory snacks of rice cakes and unsweetened iced tea, then at midnight, ill download the game and fish to my little hearts content, ill fall asleep and then head to my baby shower during the morning/day of June 9th.

Sit with my hand grasping at the air the otherside of my letterbox until the postman arrives. And then I have a train to catch and a chance meeting with a blue cat on my way to my new job.

Pick the game up either shortly after GameStop opens or after church (if my parents make me go) and then go home and waste the day playing it.

I plan on picking the game up early in the morning and then retreating to my room to play it for the day. Probably with some tea and blankets. Maybe I'll make cookies, too?

The 9th for me is on a Sunday, and Gamestop's earliest time to open is 11:00 A.M. on Sunday. So I'll drive to the store and pick it up once it's that time, go home, and play it non-stop until I must go to bed.

Last edited:
I'll be heading to GameStop as soon as it opens to pay for my game; I pre-ordered on the website and chose in-store pick up at the GameStop closest to me (which is like 8 minutes away, woo). I don't believe that's the norm, so in case something goes wrong, my back up plan is to (maybe) get the guide so I don't leave empty handed, go home, download it instead, then embrace my new role as mayor and begin my reign of tyranny.

Not sure whether I'm getting the physical or digital version yet. But I'm pretty much gonna play all day on release day. I'm gonna take lots of snapshots for my blog.

I'm lazy and a diva so I told the peasants in my family that I expect it to be sitting on the table when I wake up at around 10-10:30.

This will be me on release day: At church! And mission prep! And Family Home Evening!

This will be me on the 10th: YES! FINALLY! I've got it! *Link item get pose*

Edit: My plans actually changed for the better today! Instead of me driving over there, my mom is gonna take me out to lunch at Noodles and Company before Gamestop opens, and then I'll go over to get my game when we're done with lunch! :D

Last edited:
Back