• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Quick help needed! Villager amibo trade glitch still here?

Yes! It works fine. The exterior may be glitched on your end, but the villager will move without a hitch.

I got some proof pictures on my Amiibo thread here: x

Yes! It works fine. The exterior may be glitched on your end, but the villager will move without a hitch.

I got some proof pictures on my Amiibo thread here: x
hope you dont mind me asking, is there a specific reason/cause of the exterior being glitched? I naturally moved out one of my villagers that had a generic interior and im going to invite them back for their real interior, but by the time i do i might have a full town so ill need to force someone out, will i end up with the incorrect exterior or am i misunderstanding this x'D

hope you dont mind me asking, is there a specific reason/cause of the exterior being glitched? I naturally moved out one of my villagers that had a generic interior and im going to invite them back for their real interior, but by the time i do i might have a full town so ill need to force someone out, will i end up with the incorrect exterior or am i misunderstanding this x'D
To my knowledge, it's a glitch from time traveling villagers in, though it only occurs when you time travel multiple days at one time.
If you TT one day at a time, the exterior seems to be ok & change.

To my knowledge, it's a glitch from time traveling villagers in, though it only occurs when you time travel multiple days at one time.
If you TT one day at a time, the exterior seems to be ok & change.
ah i see, thank you so much!!

NO. It happened to my friend like last week or the week before. So unless Nintendo fixed it very recently, it is still happening. They thought they fixed it, but they did not. In fact some people claimed to get the glitch even when their villager wasn't forced out. But when it happened to my friend, All she did was time travel to earlier in the day, I went over to get a DIY, and Freya had moved out while I was there. You can get rid of them no problem, but the person who gets a villager from you may still get the glitch.

NO. It happened to my friend like last week or the week before. So unless Nintendo fixed it very recently, it is still happening. They thought they fixed it, but they did not. In fact some people claimed to get the glitch even when their villager wasn't forced out. But when it happened to my friend, All she did was time travel to earlier in the day, I went over to get a DIY, and Freya had moved out while I was there. You can get rid of them no problem, but the person who gets a villager from you may still get the glitch.

It was fixed in 1.2.0, the "I've moved out." glitch appears to have been fixed. Any other glitch related to it are very minor, such as the exterior glitch, which is completely avoidable with precaution.

There have been reports of another glitch (always in boxes glitch which effects the person letting players adopt I think, but it appears to be rare at the moment.

It was fixed in 1.2.0, the "I've moved out." glitch appears to have been fixed. Any other glitch related to it are very minor, such as the exterior glitch, which is completely avoidable with precaution.

There have been reports of another glitch (always in boxes glitch which effects the person letting players adopt I think, but it appears to be rare at the moment.

Oh okay. So it was fixed recently. Thank goodness.

Oh okay. So it was fixed recently. Thank goodness.

Yeah, people with the glitched plots with the "I've moved out." have had the plot vanish the following day, freeing the plot up and many people have been adopting villagers without much issue at all, myself included. Skye's been unpacking all day!

Ooh, what exterior glitch? And shoot is there an explanation for the always in boxes glitch?

Ooh, what exterior glitch? And shoot is there an explanation for the always in boxes glitch?

Its just a visual bug caused by time travelling to move in an amiibo camper in faster, the amiibo camper will move in and have the exterior of the villager who moved out. So let's say you move in Wolfgang, to replace Bam. Wolfgang's house would have Bam's house exterior, but the interior is Wolfgang's. Its just a visual error.

As for the villager always in boxes in a moving out state, I've got no clue. I've only seen maybe four cases of it?

Its just a visual bug caused by time travelling to move in an amiibo camper in faster, the amiibo camper will move in and have the exterior of the villager who moved out. So let's say you move in Wolfgang, to replace Bam. Wolfgang's house would have Bam's house exterior, but the interior is Wolfgang's. Its just a visual error.

As for the villager always in boxes in a moving out state, I've got no clue. I've only seen maybe four cases of it?
Ooh! And how can the visual error be prevented? :eek:

Oh shoot do you have any links as to where you've seen in? I'd like to read more into the possible glitches before trading. 😔

Ooh! And how can the visual error be prevented? :eek:

Oh shoot do you have any links as to where you've seen in? I'd like to read more into the possible glitches before trading. 😔

From what I can tell, time travel is the cause of it. So if you just let time naturally pass, everything should be good. Luckily, I believe the visual error only effects the 'owner' of the villager, so if they're adopted they'll have their normal exterior again.

As for links, sorry, I don't. It's been a bit and I forgot where I've seen the couple cases. All I know is it wasn't many, so I don't think there's much to worry about. If I recall, the effected people had said they contacted Nintendo about it. So it'll likely be fixed sooner or later, just like the previous glitches.

From what I can tell, time travel is the cause of it. So if you just let time naturally pass, everything should be good. Luckily, I believe the visual error only effects the 'owner' of the villager, so if they're adopted they'll have their normal exterior again.

As for links, sorry, I don't. It's been a bit and I forgot where I've seen the couple cases. All I know is it wasn't many, so I don't think there's much to worry about. If I recall, the effected people had said they contacted Nintendo about it. So it'll likely be fixed sooner or later, just like the previous glitches.
Ooh- so even if I'm adopting it- no time travel, right?

If you're adopting, I believe you're fine since you're inviting to an empty plot, not a villager being replaced.
Oooh problem is I am replacing the plot with the new villager- so yeah I won't TT and just hope no glitch occurs!

Did you adopt with an empty plot open? If you did, time travel should be fine.
Shoot I didn't get the notif! I cycled the villager out and yes it became an empty plot! If that's the case then I def want to TT to make sure all my villagers are okay ^^

Back