Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I like almost all the new pokemon we've seen so far! Making a team of just 6 is going to be difficult because I want to use them all!

Every update just gets better and better. Haven't been this excited for a Pokemon game in a long time. YAY!

Hope Mega Evolution isn't removed... It won't be the same without it...

This is actually the only thing I've been worrying about since new SM news started rolling up more and more frequently. At this point I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get any new mega evolutions this generation considering all of the amazing new Pokemon we are getting, but I will be heavily upset if mega evolution ends up being a XY and ORAS only thing.

This is actually the only thing I've been worrying about since new SM news started rolling up more and more frequently. At this point I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get any new mega evolutions this generation considering all of the amazing new Pokemon we are getting, but I will be heavily upset if mega evolution ends up being a XY and ORAS only thing.
Megas became a fairly important part in competitive play, and I don't think anything related to actual battling has been removed before, only modified. Removing it would be a pretty bizarre decision.

Take this with a grain of salt but earlier today, the 'full' Alola Pokedex was leaked on 4Chan. This could be fake, but the recent Chinese leaks sorta stack in favour of it being legit.

Here is the link.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this earlier in the thread and some of you may have already heard but in the pokemon sun/moon website on of the island trial leaders Kiawe it says

"Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pok?mon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region."

now why would a fire type expertise have a ground type?

Marowak gets and Alolan form and its part fire type!
To add to this:
The art of Sophocles shows a keyring with detachable Pokemon key rings. He has Pikachu, Electrode, and some round green thing with spikes on it. No Electric-type Pokemon looks like that. So it's either a Pokemon redesigned into an Electric type, something we haven't seen yet, or it's just a red herring.

Take this with a grain of salt but earlier today, the 'full' Alola Pokedex was leaked on 4Chan. This could be fake, but the recent Chinese leaks sorta stack in favour of it being legit.

Here is the link.
More news coming this Friday, so we'll see how accurate it is really soon.
These kinds of lists get leaked every year though, the chance of it being legit is minuscule.

Here's a screenshot of the supposed leak, in case the thread dies.

Omfg I'd be happy if this was real. Dark/Electric has been my dream for years

Tapu Pipi, Tapu Poloka, Tapu Mano... Fire, Psychic, Ghost...

So Tapu Koko is the Guardian of Melemele Island and Hala is the Kahuna of Melemele Island. What if each Island Kahuna uses typings based on the guardina Island Pokemon, therefore meaning the other Kahuna's are Fire, Psychic and Ghost.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also it's a bit wierd how two Grass/Flying Pokemon are easily obtained early on. I understand how Pikipek could become one due to being a woodpecker and y'know it combines with the forces of nature and becomes a grass flying big bird!!!

Hey I remember in the Chinese leaks they mentioned a Mashadow in this leak its Malshadow coincidence?

Hey I remember in the Chinese leaks they mentioned a Mashadow in this leak its Malshadow coincidence?
Not really. The Japanese name of Marshadow was trademarked along with the Japanese names of Solgaleo, Lunala, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. Leakers are naturally going to make use of that.

Last edited:
Seriously hope that list is real..but I'm ready for it to be not. I've always wanted a Dolphin mon.

Here's the thing though, in the Chinese leak it mentioned that Mashadow had a unique typing combination. In the recent PokeDex leak it shows that Mashadow is Fire/Dark type, which is a typing already claimed by the Houndour line. Either Mashadow has an alternate form with a unique type combination that hasn't been revealed by the recent PokeDex leak, or there is fake information mixed in with the real leaks in both the Chinese and PokeDex rumors. There is also the strong possibility that the PokeDex leak is a complete ruse as well.

I think its fake. Delfin = Dolphin in Spanish, Game Freak are much more creative than that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope its fake, I really wanted Pikipek to be steel/flying and Rowlett to have a grass/ground combo type...

I don't care if it's fake or not. Type combos and names don't really do anything for me, I need to see designs.

Here is the link.

The "Delfin" one makes me skeptical because the name is incredibly uncreative, but for the rest there's nothing wrong with this list. Ice/Bug? A Dunsparce evolution? Please yes.

I think its fake. Delfin = Dolphin in Spanish, Game Freak are much more creative than that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope its fake, I really wanted Pikipek to be steel/flying and Rowlett to have a grass/ground combo type...

Umm have you not heard of some of the new pokemon names?

Back