Mafia Pleasure Cruise Mini Mafia VIII [Game Over/Mafia Win]

How many votes do we need to lynch? Do people who can't vote count towards this?

Jubs did die on the first night of that game in IRC mafia. Purpl was a vig in that game. He wasn't talking about this game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Day 2

Imagine the passengers' surprise when they found an octopus, impaled on a decorational Tiki torch. Just imagine it.

His name was Cory and he was a Mimic Octopus

You have 48 hours to vote for who you want to throw overboard. With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

ya 10 to lynch

Okay then. Time for me to do what I do best. Massive posting. I want to start this off by saying that this is going to cover who I think is likely scum at this stage in the game. It's basically going to be a massive post covering out everybody in the game. I know people like Superpenguin are probably going to call this a giant post of fluff but honestly, it helps me get my thoughts in order, and it helps you guys see who I'm suspicious of. So, let's get started.

For everybody's convenience, here is the link to post counts: http://www.belltreeforums.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=181728

One term I will be using is FOS. This term, for those who don't know, means Finger of Suspicion. So if person X FOSes person Y, that means person X is suspicious of person Y.

I can't really comment on Night One, thank you Jer >.>

So, let's talk the first player on the list.

Tina
She's been busy with school, and only posted once. I can't get a read on her. If anybody can get a vibe off her, please post it. I'm not going to bother here. No point.

Trundle
Trundle is a hard player to read. He's a dope. He messes around a bit, but not as much as his brother, Ashtot. The thing is, Trundle has posted four times in this thread. Granted, I don't know what he has going on in his personal life, probably exams if I had to hazard a guess, so I don't want to entirely hold it against him, but he does tend to minimally post when scum.

Now, he did point out here that Purpl and Blu Rose were defending Ashtot. It's a good point, and it does seem to be the reigning theory to base these two members for lynch off of, which is something I do agree upon.

Honestly, at this point, I am a little suspicious of Trundle.

Andelsky
Ah yes Andelsky. You know, Andelsky, reading you is interesting, since I don't think you've been town before. Scum in Biomafia, scum in Mafia X, both times, you were pretty damn...bad. I mean, I give you a pass in Biomafia. You were a replacement and Tina caught you with a roleclaim. Buuut in Mafia X I think you leaked your role, if I recall correctly? Anyways, not the point. The point is, I can't tell if you're town or not. I don't know how you play as town.

Now, on this post you mention that Blu Rose posts elsewhere, which we know he does. You're right on Trundle, I did address that earlier. And Superpenguin. Interesting call there, considering how he's the fourth most posted in the game, almost tripling yours.

Here, you are stating the obvious. We knew we had to vote for Alice and Ashtot. At this point though, Purpl was under a bit of heat. Were you trying to get the attention back onto the lynch at hand and off of Purpl to prevent a slip-up?

You are very right about Blue Leaf being quiet, but amusingly enough, he has 7 posts. Like you! :D That said, this post makes some very good points against alise which I will be using in my eventual comments on her. Which, by the way, you did also mention that Cory might have had evidence on someone, alise being one of the people you thought wanted to reveal it. Granted, this turned out to be a bit of a lie since after reading all the posts, alise never mentioned Cory. At all. Where did you get this from? Also on this post, you think Cory can reveal a will, but wills aren't in this game?

At this point, Andelsky, it's a 50-50 on you.

Princess, aka Pally
Ah, Princess. You've actually been posting since you can't PM. Kind of nice to see you in the thread for once ;D Except you ****ed up some quoting which makes things annoying to read but whatever.

There's some very good evidence in this post. You said that "All Cory said was he thinks Purpl would kill Jubs ad Yui. Why so defensive?" I honestly am suspicious of Purpl after reading this, because it certainly explains the off-the-wall, weird-as-**** Cory death, which by the way, is the first time Cory has been killed by mafia.

And then of course there's this, saying not to rule out Lauren. Okay, that's alright.

How does this take suspicion off of Blu Rose, exactly? I personally don't see it. And you're right, I think we should look at those who don't vote.

But then you go into profile analysis mode and switch over to thinking Blu Rose might be scum? That's a pretty quick switch.

Again, I can't get a read on Princess. She's not too common in the threads and I really don't know.

Justin
R.I.P.

Blu Rose
Oh frig, Blu Rose is on the list much higher than I remember. Crap.

The fact that you weren't willing to read just sends me the vibes of a bored townie. And then on this it's like you don't even want to try to analyze the post because Superpenguin literally explained why you were under suspicion, since mafia likes to kill friends.

This is really odd. I don't understand why you were willing to kill Ashtot since he might as well have ended up a townie at that point. Now, this part right here is crucial so read this everybody, the role I suspect that Ashtot might have is the Duelist. Granted, Karla, probably re-did the role a little bit to make it fit more for the forum, but I think we found out the role Ashtot is, and it is a town role. So, just going off this, and the fact that Alice had stopped defending, I'm a little confused as to why you wanted to lynch him. And also, I'm going to quote this since it's a little important.

Lastly, Oath, I NEVER SUSPECTED Ashtot.

Well this is grade-A crap because

So, and I really hate to say it, I think it would be beneficial to throw Ashtot and then protect Alice tonight.

YOU VOTE FOR PEOPLE YOU SUSPECT. Why would you vote for someone you didn't suspect???

At this stage in the game, I'd say it's a good chance Blu Rose is scum.

alise aka Makkine (not Alice who died)
Okay so here you say "I didn't describe why scum would want to cover themselves." Well, yes, you did, that's kind of implied in the very statement of "To cover up your scum, obviously".

You do post suspicions on Purpl, basing evidence off of Farobi and Karen in previous games, which I do like. Yes, purpl has been scum. He was lynched on day one in a game if I recall correctly. You also, in this post, defend Alice, which I find interesting.

And then you also state that you think that Ashtot choosing Alice is a little scummy. Personally, I thought it was a weird choice, but I didn't entirely see how it was scummy. Care to elaborate?

Olive
I need a drink at this point. Typing up long posts is hard work. It's hard to get a read on first-time players. Don't take offense to anything I say, Olive, it's really unintentional if I come off as harsh in this. Just my warning, since you are new ;)

Here you FOS alise. Then you FOS Princess/pally, Superpenguin, and Cory all in the same post. And where is this "Superpenguin isn't posting much" thing coming from anyways? I keep seeing it pop up from people who haven't posted much themselves. You also FOS Blu Rose.

Okay you're doing pretty good. I like this. Purpl leleleing about people who haven't posted and you're calling out people who defended purpl in a sense. I like this. You're doing good here. Thank you for actually putting effort in. Sometimes new players don't put the effort in. Anyways, sorry, off topic. If anything, based off this, I think Purpl would be an excellent candidate for lynch today, since whatever Purpl flips would help us decide what to do with Lauren, BlueLeaf, and Gandalf here.

I am a little convinced that you are town aligned.

Yui Z
R.I.P.

Natty
Somehow your posts slip under my radar. I don't get why that happens.

kay so. Somehow you go from "I haven't even gotten the slightest of a read on either of them." to "I don't think Ashtot's scummy at all". Like, definitively thinking he is not scum in the space of five hours and eight minutes, with only two posts between here and no outside communication. Am I the only one who thinks this a little odd that she's definitively convinced that Ashtot isn't scum here? Like, I'm not FOSing Ash, I just think that it's odd that Natty seems to know he's not.

"OMG scum already??!?" this just sounds like you're lamenting a loss to me. I dunno it just rubs me the wrong way.

Okay great so you just basically go with Purpl and Blu Rose, the easiest candidates at the moment (which I'm doing too, but still).

Granted, I'm not entirely convinced you're town or scum. I'm keeping an eye on you.

No god damn it I'm not about to go post on Lauren now she can wait until the end I'm not dealing with 50 ****ing posts girl jesus lord almighty you like to post.

MrKisstoefur
Okay look. I'm just going to say it. Your playstyle in the game annoys me and I don't know why.

Just based off this I think you're town. I mean, unless scum told you to say that then I doubt you're actually scum. If they did, then congrats that's some strategic spam right there.

Also your lack of understanding how roles are created just makes me thing that you're not scum[/url].

Lauren and Olive are mentioned as a possible scum team here. Interesting points made, I have to agree with a bit of them. You're right, I don't think that Alice throwing herself under the proverbial bus means she's town, and of course, it didn't.

Ashtot
Get rid of that user title don't be cocky <3 jk jk I know, you're good.

Look I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said earlier under Blu Rose's section. Now, this part right here is crucial so read this everybody, the role I suspect that Ashtot might have is the Duelist. Granted, Karla, probably re-did the role a little bit to make it fit more for the forum, but I think we found out the role Ashtot is, and it is a town role.

Gandalf
Literally why would you think we would have to start a new thread every day you dingus.

Well this is a pretty good point. BlueLeaf did go with the easy scum candidate here.

You didn't want it buried sooo....Yeah you're right though. Alice did make vanilla accusations. I think we need to look at others who did the same.

Ugh I haven't played in a game with you in ages. I can't get anything out of these posts. Though if purpl flips scum I'm looking at you next.

Cory
R.I.P. Cory first time you were blue

BlueLeaf
I have to be careful because I don't want to scare you off from future mafia games.

But scum KNOWS this stuff already though it's common knowledge.

Just because someone uses a WIFOM argument does not mean they're town even if someone used it in a previous game and flipped town.

That is another good point. Mafia wouldn't be this obvious, at least if they're smart, they wouldn't be.

I still think Ashtot's explanation was bull**** but it got us scum so I can live with it.

Also it has been two days since you last posted COME BACK TO US.

LaurinaMN
God okay I don't want to rage at you like I did in Supernatural mafia.

YES this is a good call. Maybe Blu Rose pretended to have no vote? But then again pally can't vote today so...

Why Lauren?

Superpenguin
****ing hell 19 posts it's 3 in the morning I've literally been at this post for two hours.

Yeah so basically you defend Ashtot for using his role early, so yeah, he's probs town Okay.

Literally what. In Biomafia (town) she posted 94 times and survived to the end. TBT Mafia X (scum), almost survived to the end and posted 88 times. Mafia 4 (scum) posted 13 times. I mean, in recent games, she can't shut up. She's constantly posting, however annoying that may be. She's really kind of the same as town an scum.

Sorry yes I do want to bring this back again. It would be so stupid for me to criticize mafia at the end of a previous game for not going after weaker players and then kill all the weaker players in the next game if I were to end up scum in that game. Which, for the record, I am not. That would be extremely stupid, since it would be extremely obvious. Granted, one person I recall debated me on this. Jeremy. I'll get to that in his section though.

Why are there forward slashes are you writing a poem ;)

I would rather the Detective work to strongly push the lynch of a guilty report and try to push for the person to slip up rather than have them immediately out it. I don't want them to out themselves as a DT and then get killed immediately.

Jeremy
You people talk too much and **** I have to deal with Purpl and Lauren after this lord help me.

Admin of the Year 2k14

Why does this seem like doctor phishing to me?

Okay so then Jer please explain why you think Purpl, Superpenguin, and Princess/Pally would want to shoot Justin night one? (R.I.P Cory) Especially Superpenguin and Pally.

Odd to be in favor of a blind lynch, for you, at least, since you tend to like evidence for things.

Preach it brotha.

How did Lauren and Olive get on your list? Please explain.

You like to state the obvious.

PurplPanda
The person I am likely to vote for today. Okay, I know I said to people that I'm trying to work on my attitude in mafia, but Purpl, STOP the joking. It helps nobody.

To appear like town, duh.

Why wouldn't scum have a chat? Granted, this is what I used to exonerate Kiss, who apparently does not READ THINGS.

Oops. I am attacking you so much because I have a really strong feeling that you are scum. You would never put that much effort into a post before. You just want to act pro-town so no one suspects you as mafia.

Remember when Cory strongly thought you were scum and then he died?

Mafia teams CAN sacrifice the weaker members to gain trust.

Look at who defends Alice! and again! Honey you really want to push this Ashtot lynch.

Okay again with this. Am I the only one who finds it a little weird that you didn't favor a lynch on Ashtot, didn't vote, and then there was an anonymous vote on Ashtot? Maybe you're the reason Blu Rose then Princess/Pally can't vote.

I'm probably going to vote you, but I want to see what your response is. And what everybody else says.

Lauren
Dear god Lauren you have three pages of posts for me to go through. ****ing hell you like to post a lot.

Not necessarily. In Biomafia scum was perfectly willing to throw suspicion on Cory in lists.

"In regards to cory, he is posting yes but nothing new." Yeah, and neither are you.

Thank you for calling out Blu Rose here for not posting.

I do suspect a bit since you did defend her a bit.

Not really too convincing near the end.

And this "But on a serious note, I'm really not mafia, yet again, nothing important, just a pawn, nothing good will come of me other than DEATH! So you can lynch me, if I'm really the suspicious or even kill me." just seems scummy to me I don't know why.

All your posts are fairly sloppy. You're kind of just lelele-ing a lot.

I don't recall you in previous games posting in the thread saying "I'm town nothing more i'm town look guys i'm town yes I'm town hey guys did you know I'm town."

You kind of are over-defensive :/

This seems like dingus-pro-town to me

Question for ya. Why did Laurina want YOU in particular to list suspicions?

And by the way these posts are NOT necessary like seriously.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3062606#post3062606
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3062696#post3062696
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3065368#post3065368
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3065391#post3065391
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3065413#post3065413
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3071966#post3071966
LITERALLY STOP THIS
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3077947#post3077947
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3077979#post3077979
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Cruise-Mini-Mafia-VIII&p=3078014#post3078014

Okay everybody. I know this is the longest mafia post in the history of TBT Mafia but please, if you don't want to read the entire thing at least read your own section and answer any questions I have. Some parts are more interesting than others, yes, but please read it. I did not just spend 2 hours, 45 minutes writing this damn thing for nothing.

For those of you who are TL;DR, I hate you for not reading this, but every player ranks the following for my suspicions:

Top Suspicion: Trundle, Andelsky, Blu Rose, PurplPanda
Middle Suspicion: Princess, alise, BlueLeaf
Bottom Suspicion: Tina, Olive, Natty, Lauren (borderline of middle and bottom), MrKisstoefur, Ashtot, Gandalf, LaurinaMN, Superpenguin, Jeremy

I feel like that post was a long time coming hey.

Too ****tier a day to make a definitive post, but I want to say that I am not against a Blu rose Lynch. You can find all my reasoning in posts from last night and the day before. At least consider those points before you start a bandwagon on any other players in particular. I see today ending in either rip Blu Rose or rip purpl so yeah bye.

Okay then. Time for me to do what I do best. Massive posting. I want to start this off by saying that this is going to cover who I think is likely scum at this stage in the game. It's basically going to be a massive post covering out everybody in the game. I know people like Superpenguin are probably going to call this a giant post of fluff but honestly, it helps me get my thoughts in order, and it helps you guys see who I'm suspicious of. So, let's get started.
150 lines more...
Holy Christ on a Cracker

Last edited:
Wow, that was honestly a really good post. That's what I like you for, oath. Now, I can definitely understand why you would have suspicions on me. To be honest I haven't even been busy since the weekend very much, but I'm just trying to get used to a non-PM game. I'm sure many of you know that, unless I see something right away, I'll PM people to get info and then see if I can find scum from it. So far this game I've just been pushing Purpl (I also posted once or twice in the original thread which is now gone) and Blu Rose because I believe one of the two are scum. The only problem is that I get a great deal of my evidence most games from PMing people with accusatory roles, which I can't do this game. (oh btw I don't post minimally when I'm scum, I usually post the same amount but all my posts suck)
That being said, from my role, I have learned the Purpl is scum. I'm not going to be sharing my exact role, although it is not Detective. I suggest everyone votes for him.

Jeeaasusss oath haha!

I don't know why laurina wanted me to post that list, when she gets on, she can answer that one for you, sorry for the posts and I have not posted sloppy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got on Jeremy's list because I defended alice thinking she was town, I have listed in a previous post, the quote she and I made. I under stand exactly why I was suspected and defended my self accordingly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In that post I felt like you had a huge FOS on my forehead. I was mentioned a horrible amount. But everyone is entitled to what they say and your post was an eye opener oath, thank you for your time and effort!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, im going to put my arse out there. The only reason I am able to post so much with actual detail involved is because I have nothing to hide, I find it hard to post when I'm mafia, I don't keep up with the thread so I have no "reads" on anyone. As I have no blue role to protect or red role to conceal I am able to wave my butt around with out a care in the world, like I said, townies are just pawns for mafia to take out or town to suspect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh god of purpl is scum he messed up so much!

Responding to oath's chapter on me as you all should do:

Jeremy
You people talk too much and **** I have to deal with Purpl and Lauren after this lord help me.

Admin of the Year 2k14

Why does this seem like doctor phishing to me?
More like trying to figure out how much KP they have so we know what we're up against.

Okay so then Jer please explain why you think Purpl, Superpenguin, and Princess/Pally would want to shoot Justin night one? (R.I.P Cory) Especially Superpenguin and Pally.
Same reasoning I gave in Biomafia (I think it was that one) where I turned out to be right. These people are in IRC regularly and I feel like they would think it's funny to kill Justin again.

Odd to be in favor of a blind lynch, for you, at least, since you tend to like evidence for things.
Yes, but I've also always supported lynching someone as oppose to doing no votes.

Haven't you been contradictory on this matter? On one hand you claim Ashtot is skilled for doing this, yet on the other you agree with me that he just got lucky while being dumb.

The second list is who people said were defending Alice.

Is it so obvious when I was the only one to point it out?

Anyway, I'm voting Purpl as well. We've been suspicious of him since the beginning of the game. How much longer do we need to drag this out?

I think it's 11pm my time so another 9 hours or so

I meant through out the whole game. If we don't lynch him now, he'll still be on our minds each day until we do. So it seems logical to lynch him unless someone has better evidence for another player.

As I had been mentioning I worded my post wrong now that I went back and reread it. It was more of a thing of the only people who bothered even mentioning Cory's name, or in turn responding to him.

Purpl was the one who seemed to fight most with him in the earlier pages. Between the ones who replied; Oath, Lauren and Purpl.. Purpl seemed the most distraught over being called out.

Then back to Purpl's list, which I won't be able to link, he actually called me a medium/average player.. Which I find odd as most of the people here, only Oath has posted it, I'm pretty bad considering I'm new.. I would like to hear what Purpl says if he turns up active today on Trundle's sudden claim of him.

When you're studying and cut away from technology, you can't really post.

Andel, this is mostly for you, you posted about it before. I don't really defend myself when I can't get lynched (and before the challenge, I went out at that point) As for Day 2, just say the word and I will give a defense. I haven't seen a case about me so I didn't feel the need to defend myself.

Why was there only one death tonight? The first night two people died. What's up with that?

Was someone protected or...?
Is it just me or does anyone else get a strange vibe from this? It's just, weird, idk. The answer seems pretty clear, either Alice's lynch affected the KP or someone was protected. His wording makes it seem like we have never seen this happen before, but it has. I don't think Kisstoefur has been like this in previous games, so I felt the need to note it.

Gandalf: You seem pretty sure Purpl is Town, like literally 100% with concrete evidence. Mind telling why?

Somehow your posts slip under my radar. I don't get why that happens.

kay so. Somehow you go from "I haven't even gotten the slightest of a read on either of them." to "I don't think Ashtot's scummy at all". Like, definitively thinking he is not scum in the space of five hours and eight minutes, with only two posts between here and no outside communication. Am I the only one who thinks this a little odd that she's definitively convinced that Ashtot isn't scum here? Like, I'm not FOSing Ash, I just think that it's odd that Natty seems to know he's

Did you not see the post I quoted? SP's post is what made me come to that decision. People seemed to think he was town confirmed, and I did too. To me, the only thing logical would've been to lynch the person who's role was unknown, and it paid off wonderfully.

"OMG scum already??!?" this just sounds like you're lamenting a loss to me. I dunno it just rubs me the wrong way.

That's how I reacted, can't say much more than that.

Okay great so you just basically go with Purpl and Blu Rose, the easiest candidates at the moment (which I'm doing too, but still)

Because I find them the scummiest now. I'm not going to just throw candidates out for the sake of it or agree with names to lynch that I don't really agree with...

As I had been mentioning I worded my post wrong now that I went back and reread it. It was more of a thing of the only people who bothered even mentioning Cory's name, or in turn responding to him.

Purpl was the one who seemed to fight most with him in the earlier pages. Between the ones who replied; Oath, Lauren and Purpl.. Purpl seemed the most distraught over being called out.

Then back to Purpl's list, which I won't be able to link, he actually called me a medium/average player.. Which I find odd as most of the people here, only Oath has posted it, I'm pretty bad considering I'm new.. I would like to hear what Purpl says if he turns up active today on Trundle's sudden claim of him.

If I'm honest, this whole game is about being called out, especially seeing as theres no PM'ing involved, seeing how people react and defend can give hints to their alignment. If Purpl is town aligned or even a blue, they really need to work on their game plan. They ooze scum with every post.

If I'm honest, this whole game is about being called out, especially seeing as theres no PM'ing involved, seeing how people react and defend can give hints to their alignment. If Purpl is town aligned or even a blue, they really need to work on their game plan. They ooze scum with every post.

Purpl is a boy, by the way.

Back