• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Please be careful when uploading your DA!!

Wow. This iteration of AC players seems so...I don't know what to call it, but I guess the closest word is...unpleasant? I get that hacked items are against the TOC. But they hurt no one. On the other hand, if you have them in your town, then uploading them in your dream should be an understood risk you're taking. Reporting people because they're showing lgbtqia support or blm support, is just mean-spirited and nasty. And reporting people because you feel jealous that their town looks better than yours is your problem not theirs. The random visits for dreams is gone. That means in order to be in someones town, you had to take it upon yourself to start your game, lie down in a bed, and physically of your own free will type out their dream address so you could visit. There's no random chance of accidentally being in someones town.

If you don't wanna see hacked stuff, don't go.
If you don't wanna see support for minority groups, don't go.
If you don't wanna see horror towns, don't go.
If you ask the owner, and they're not forthcoming about whether their town has anything you find objectionable, fill in the blanks: ..D_N'T G_
'But kemdi,' you might say, 'think of the children!' Video games are not a substitute for proper parenting and supervision.
'But this game is supposed to be safe for kids!' Yeah, the GAME is safe for kids, that doesn't mean other players will be. That's like taking your kids to the playground and leaving them entirely unsupervised because 'the playground' is safe for kids. Any random stranger could just walk right up and snatch the kid away because you left it to the playground to do YOUR job. Talk to your kids about typing in and visiting random addresses. Play with them if/when you can. And if you can't supervising them, don't let them visit people they don't know.

ugh...too many words. This was never a problem in New Leaf. In fact I think I'm gonna go back to that game for a while until all the pearl-clutchers clear outta this one.

Last edited:
Back