• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Place your random thoughts.

I don't know if it's just me, but I cannot stand the modern slang my peers use, despite being their age. Every time I hear someone say "on god", "deadass", "sigma", "delulu", or—God help me—"skibidi", I just want to slap them. Like, seriously, shut your trap. 😭

I also don't like modern slang, either. There was a time when I couldn't go anywhere on the internet without seeing the term, "sus", everywhere, since Among Us was so popular at the time.

Also, I don't know if this is still a thing, but I have seen people literally only write the letter, "e", in comments on DeviantArt and YouTube, to the point of spamming, I have no idea what that meant at all.

I hope TBT Neighborly Games for SSBU comes back in some shape
SSBU? Neighborly? 🤨 Oh no, I do not play Smash Brothers in any neighborly manner. 😏 This is a Melee household: we don't do items or goofy stages. No jank, no randalls, no johns, eaaassy monaaay, wombo combo. 😎 And yes, I know how to L-Cancel, wave dash and in Brawl, DACUS. Been there, done that. Don't try me, kiddos. 😛 I main that G&W and Solid Snake tho. 🔔🐍 Nah, but why is there no neighborly games for Smash? Can't handle the heat? 😏 Y'all lucky my home internet hates my Nintendo Switch... 😠

I wonder who would win if Edmund Kemper and Carl Panzram were to fight each other to the death (no weapons and if they were both in their prime). At 6'9", Ed is a giant and he supposedly has an IQ of 145+. Carl was a lot shorter (6'0"), but height isn't always everything; I've seen shorter guys take down bigger ones. And judging from what I've read about him, he seemed like he was one tough mf.

I already posted about the trollish spring placement you can find in Sonic games, but Metropolis Zone actually makes me think Sega doesn’t like the people that are playing their games.

Everything about this zone is bad, but special shout out to the unholy trinity of enemies: Scyther, Staryu and Kingler… sorry, I meant Slicer, Asteron and Shellcracker. They have some of the most infuriating enemy placement I think I’ve ever seen in a video game. Good luck trying to keep 50 rings up until a checkpoint in this zone. And also, why is this zone 3 acts long???? That just makes it even worse. It’s to the point that I think this stage’s music might be more traumatic than this Super Mario Sunshine song.

every time I look at that breakfast/lunch/dinner thread that Chris posted I'm reminded of the fact that I still don't consistently eat three times a day. it just feels like too much to me, from a physical and psychological standpoint. could very well have something to do with my past but I won't delve into that here.

there are some days when I eat three times a day, but it's usually just twice a day with a bit of snacking/grazing throughout the day. I seem to be doing okay with that? I don't ever feel better or more healthy when I'm able to eat more. I feel like the way I do things is fine enough, at least for now.

I also find it funny how wildly my appetite can fluctuate. sometimes I have a day where I can't really eat at all, and sometimes I have a day where I eat three meals as well as a few snacks. I'm sure it has something to do with my current home environment and how it causes me an unbearable amount of stress, but again, won't delve into that here. 🥲

Last night I was entering a concert/club venue. I get stopped and told 'We aren't allowing underage teens in here, I'm sorry".

Okay, well I'm not underage and I have my ID in the form of a government passport. (which would be hard to forge).

*5 minutes later* another lady is putting something on my wrist and she's writing a mark on my hand. I said "Is this for kids who are underage? Because I just gave you guys my ID". So she cut my wristband off and wiped the mark off my hand.

As I'm entering, I get told by the original person I gave my ID, that "I have a restricted assigned seat on the very top because of age restrictions". (so i'm guessing she glanced and didn't bother to actually look at the date). Because it had to be explained again.

I'm so glad I carried ID last night. It saved me several times. (turns out they were concerned about a mosh pit forming, but the concert was very calm).

Bowser in the Dark World? Hmmm.

1714333538961.png

1714333565328.png

I noticed YouTube's player layout went back to the old design of the comments and description being directly below the video, and the recommended videos on the right. It really should stay that way IMO; not everyone has a 1920x1080 display or bigger.

I suppose there was so much backlash from the new layout that the UI people at YouTube were forced to revert their changes. Go figure.

Making TBT Bells is so hard these days. I could trade collectible per collectible, but I wish I could sell my collectibles for pure TBT.

Along with all of the dream collectibles I want, I would also like to have at least 10,000 TBT at all times.

I noticed YouTube's player layout went back to the old design of the comments and description being directly below the video, and the recommended videos on the right. It really should stay that way IMO; not everyone has a 1920x1080 display or bigger.

I suppose there was so much backlash from the new layout that the UI people at YouTube were forced to revert their changes. Go figure.
Hmm…I need to complain about the search engine more.

Same. It gives you like 6 to 10 videos related to what you actually searched for, then everything else is unrelated stuff from subscribers, recently viewed, and promoted clickbait garbage. It's really bad, and it's been like this for at least two years.

If you run Chrome on a computer, I highly recommend the free extension Unhook. It gives you options to view more results related to your search, and does a very good job at removing the unrelated garbage you don't want to watch. It'll even disable recommended videos and shorts entirely if that's your thing. The DEVs keep it up-to-date with YouTube's changing algorithms, and now I can't imagine being on YouTube without it.

(I'm not sure if sharing free download links from the official Chrome Store are allowed, so search for it yourself)

Oh my goodness, the search is so bad. I feel like it's hiding results from me just to shove my recommended videos in my face which isn't what I asked for at all.
Right? Like, if I search something I wanna scroll down until I see obscure videos from 2010, not some completely unrelated billion subscriber youtuber vid! This is part of the reason people say the internet is dying.
Post automatically merged:

Same. It gives you like 6 to 10 videos related to what you actually searched for, then everything else is unrelated stuff from subscribers, recently viewed, and promoted clickbait garbage. It's really bad, and it's been like this for at least two years.

If you run Chrome on a computer, I highly recommend the free extension Unhook. It gives you options to view more results related to your search, and does a very good job at removing the unrelated garbage you don't want to watch. It'll even disable recommended videos and shorts entirely if that's your thing. The DEVs keep it up-to-date with YouTube's changing algorithms, and now I can't imagine being on YouTube without it.

(I'm not sure if sharing free download links from the official Chrome Store are allowed, so search for it yourself)
Thank you! I can’t wait to try it out :>

Anymore all internet search engines are garbage. I used to be able to find what I needed instantly. Now I have to wade through so much crap. For example I was trying to look up William Fisher or Fischer a soldier from the Civil War cause I wanted to read his story. I couldn't remember his last name so the only search I could get (even if I put Captain William of the 2nd US from the American Civil War) was Prince William articles on Google that stretched on for 8 pages.

Or other times the search engine was just trying to push links to sell stuff. The internet sadly has been lost to the machinations of Corporate America.

Back