Period Talk!

yaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss i need to vent

I started back in February (I turned 12 on the 16th of this month), and i had no idea.
For those of you females, you know that white/yellow stuff (discharge I think?)? I thpought it was that not my period!
Those underwear survived, it wasn't that heavy. I didn't tell my mom the day though, I was too scared. I ended up telling her before I went to the bus stop. I cried...

My second one was more heavy, the second day of my second was the worst. I thought I could go 7 hours before changing my pad. I came home, saw it. It was almost covered :eek:

I learned that I must change it at least once on my second day.

I've stained some sheets and some underwear, but who cares?

I use my birth control pill to manipulate mine to three or four a year. I use tampons with pantyliners on mine. I hated tampons until U by Kotex. It had a ****ing grip. Genius.

My period backstory is messy and terrible. I got put on The Pill at 14 to regulate it, and have loved the effects ever since.

- - - Post Merge - - -

yaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss i need to vent

I started back in February (I turned 12 on the 16th of this month), and i had no idea.
For those of you females, you know that white/yellow stuff (discharge I think?)? I thpought it was that not my period!
Those underwear survived, it wasn't that heavy. I didn't tell my mom the day though, I was too scared. I ended up telling her before I went to the bus stop. I cried...

My second one was more heavy, the second day of my second was the worst. I thought I could go 7 hours before changing my pad. I came home, saw it. It was almost covered :eek:

I learned that I must change it at least once on my second day.

I've stained some sheets and some underwear, but who cares?
Every girl has a different flow. You'll learn yours soon enough to know when to change, but it never hurts to check if you aren't sure! Every 2 - 4 hours for heavy days, and up to 6 for non heavy.

discharge needs to stop ****in with me, you either come quick and leave quick or you don't , too many false alarms that i stress over

I use tampons when I am out and about but pads when I am at home or sleeping. I take birth control so it makes the periods less intense and shorter.

does anyone who uses birth control gain weight? i remember when i took the pill for a while i gained weight. especially when i took the shot.. and it made me bleed for 2-3 months straight, was like a constant period

ok well i can't rly relate when other girls say how bad their periods are bc mine are just messed up. i got my first one when i was 14. weirdly enough, the first one was the heaviest and longest and i actually had some issues with it. felt nauseous a lot and all that jazz. after that, it just got super light and non-painful for whatever reason. still shows up almost every month, sometimes skips a month and comes back the following month, it literally just shows up whenever it wants. there's no schedule lol. but for me it's not that bad, i can get away with wearing a pantiliner w/o any bleeding through. it does that for bout a week and then goes away until only God knows when.
sooo yeah, guess i'm fortunate that mine isn't that bad, although it could still change in the future, lol.

I got my period in like 6th grade I think I can't really remember. I use tampons, pads are gross tbh. Infact I'm on my period right now, what I fun topic :)

i remember when i got mine. i cried because i was so scared, and i couldn't go swimming with my cousins lol

does anyone who uses birth control gain weight? i remember when i took the pill for a while i gained weight. especially when i took the shot.. and it made me bleed for 2-3 months straight, was like a constant period

I'm on the pill and I haven't gained any weight. I've been on it for 4 years and literally haven't gained a pound

Weight gain on The Pill is water weight. You lose it when you have your "period." It also stops having side effects after taking it to long.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok well i can't rly relate when other girls say how bad their periods are bc mine are just messed up. i got my first one when i was 14. weirdly enough, the first one was the heaviest and longest and i actually had some issues with it. felt nauseous a lot and all that jazz. after that, it just got super light and non-painful for whatever reason. still shows up almost every month, sometimes skips a month and comes back the following month, it literally just shows up whenever it wants. there's no schedule lol. but for me it's not that bad, i can get away with wearing a pantiliner w/o any bleeding through. it does that for bout a week and then goes away until only God knows when.
sooo yeah, guess i'm fortunate that mine isn't that bad, although it could still change in the future, lol.
You might have PCOS. You probably want to check with your doctor, obviously.

Weight gain on The Pill is water weight. You lose it when you have your "period." It also stops having side effects after taking it to long.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You might have PCOS. You probably want to check with your doctor, obviously.

oh really? i mean i should definitely get into taking it, but don't really see a point as my periods are only heavy like one day and i'm not sexually active or anything

I use my birth control pill to manipulate mine to three or four a year. I use tampons with pantyliners on mine. I hated tampons until U by Kotex. It had a ****ing grip. Genius.

My period backstory is messy and terrible. I got put on The Pill at 14 to regulate it, and have loved the effects ever since.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Every girl has a different flow. You'll learn yours soon enough to know when to change, but it never hurts to check if you aren't sure! Every 2 - 4 hours for heavy days, and up to 6 for non heavy.

I have some more absorbant ones for school, so on days 2 & 3 I wear those. I only have to change it around 6th hour on my second day and can go the 7 hours for my 3rd.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My mom gained 20 lbs with birth control. It didn't work either, so she's pregnant atm.

Started when I was 12, so I've had it for quite some time now. I get really bad cramps and I usually end up crying because they hurt so bad. I use tampons, but I plan on looking into getting a cup later on. I'm a person who usually forgets things, and I'd rather have a cup up there than cotton that could give me TSS.

discharge needs to stop ****in with me, you either come quick and leave quick or you don't , too many false alarms that i stress over

I always have false alarms cos of discharge... I have to carry panty liners at all times haha.

I think I got my first period when I was 12 or 13. My period pain got worse as I got older. The day before and day of is just unbearable. I'm basically out of commission that day from pain or just passed out from pain killers. I generally use pads and I never use tampons unless I'm doing water sports. Once I was on holiday with my friend and her family.. we were at the beach and did that peanut thing when a high speed boat pulls your tube across the water... oh my god my tampon just SHOT OUT haha it was the most embarrassing thing ever. I had to shove it back in mid ride.

Bless this thread.

Let's see, I got mine around 11 or 12 years old. Let's just say it was a major panic day. I had already known about it since my parents got me tons of books on the topic. For the first five or so years, it was pretty mild and not that bad tbh. I definitely have an irregular cycle. Sometimes I'll go without a cycle for about 4 months, sometimes 2 months, other times I get it again without a full month passing. My family was convinced I was pregnant lol. It didn't start getting worse until I was older and started to have nausea, intense pain to the point I'm seeing stars or nearly pass out. Then I found out my aunt has very similar cycles and fertility issues so I have a feeling that's possible with me rip us Nowadays, I get intense cramps a week before and a week afterward. It's such a mess lmao

I should probably go to a doctor about it or at least go to Planned Parenthood. I'm not looking forward to it either way. ;^;

I usually take painkillers, bananas, and chocolate. Sometimes I'll have a heating pad but I get overheated quickly so it doesn't always help. Green tea has helped a bit as well. Usually laying down or sleeping is the best remedy.

I started my first period when I was around 12 I think. I was actually at my friends house who (thankfully) was already having periods so I just borrowed some of her pads. I used pads for the longest because they were quicker for me to change during school and stuff like that, until my flow got so heavy I really needed tampons or else I would have overflowed the pad. I have had MANY horror stories with my periods, honestly. Like bleeding through pants, bleeding on seats and floors, and just general crap that comes with having a really heavy flow period and not enough time in the day to change pads/tampons.

What really sucked was when I was a sophomore in high school my cramps started getting worse than they ever were before. I actually got sent home from school because I could barely move my cramps hurt so bad. Then around junior year, my periods started lasting longer and longer until I was having a period for 13 days straight. I finally told my mom who immediately got me in with a doctor who put me on birth control. I no longer have cramps, periods, mood swings, or anything terrible that comes with periods and I never gained any weight from it either. Birth control has been the biggest blessing in my whole life I can't even begin to explain y'all

The depo shot is notorious for causing weight gain but in my experience the pill doesn't. If that happened to you try a different one. BCPs contain an estrogen and a progesterone. Every brand has the same type of estrogen but a different progesterone (and it's the progesterone that usually causes the side effects including weight gain). So trying a different brand can give you a very different experience. I currently use Yaz (the progesterone is drospirenone) and for me it has way fewer side effects than other ones I've tried.

Back