• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pascal will not hand out DIY's for mermaid items. Is there a solution?

Celesilme

Bells
Hi all,

I've done a search and learnt about a bug in Animal Crossing with Pascal only handing out pearls and not recipes. I couldn't see if this has been fixed yet as none of the threads seemed to have a resolution. Does anyone have workarounds on how I might be able to get DIY's for the mermaid items? So far pascal gave me a dress and the DIY for the mermaid dresser and screen but have only had pearls since I crafted these items.

I see you said you've crafted what you had already.. i'm gonna put this here anyway as just info
No idea if legit, but I know if I get alot of repeats in a row, I craft some diys I haven't crafted before.

Each diy crafted gets a little check mark icon on the bottom right corner of the card.

Maybe Pascal diys, if they haven't been crafted, need crafted? Or just diys in general needs crafted?

As far as I know, Pascal gives diys, pearls, and clothing randomly. I've gotten dresses multiple times in the past before getting all his diys. And it takes a looong time to get them all from him without time travel.
How long has he been giving you pearls? Are you encountering him the same time of day each time?

The only bug I noticed with Pascal is: if you hold onto a scallop to the next day or pick one up off the ground or out of storage before naturally finding one, he won't come after finding one naturally that day.

Yeah, getting DIY recipes from Pascal is random. It’s tedious, yes, but also keep in mind that pearls are worth about as much as gold nuggets if you try to sell them, so they’re not worthless or just for DIY.

You’ll actually get them from Pascal more often once you learn all the Mermaid DIY’s alongside the clothing items.

Hate to tell you this but its RNG of what DIY Recipes Pascal gives. Yeah the issue with this game in general is how random getting DIYs is becuase you keep getting ones you've already learn.

Back