Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

So we can prove Endless as town tonight? Are you daft?

do u still think that endless might be mafia?? because thats what this question implies.

hes basically clear unless there's SK

Can I get some questions to answer if anyone has some, I feel pretty useless so far tbh and I'd like to have something new to comment on.

Also I'm not completely against Primal or Abe lynch, but I just need a little more convincing than organization. Thats a weak reason

Right now N e s s is my only townlean.

Decided to scavenge through Jacob's posts because there doesn't seem to be much happening atm, I know the points about Ness have probably already been addressed so I skipped those out for now, might go read back on them later. But, the bold in the last quote sort of struck me as off. Implying that he 'wouldn't mind' lynching one of them but he'd rather not, for some particular reason? This only just strengthens my belief that between the two that one of them is definitely scum aka Primal.

- - - Post Merge - - -

-Says he would be okay with Primal or Abe lynch.
oh, Trundle already mentioned it I guess. But still, to me it was more like the opposite as I feel like his intentions were to try and deflect the lynch onto someone else.

gonna read back on seroja and lucky in a sec too, they seem to be under the heat rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh i stuffed the quote, supposed to say Apple2013 not Jacob l o l

That reasoning you used seems kind of stretched. So you do think there is a possibility for endless to be scum. That read isn't valid at all. I know you think I am more likely to be scum but there's no way that it could possibly be endless. So besides me who's your other scum read really?

Also at the time me and endless had some disagreements which us why I think he said between Abe and primal. I think what he meant was that he wanted someone to give him a reason to vote one or the either so he didn't seem scummy. Which in the end he just jumped onto Tom and took it from there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to work so I'll post more tonite

That reasoning you used seems kind of stretched. So you do think there is a possibility for endless to be scum. That read isn't valid at all. I know you think I am more likely to be scum but there's no way that it could possibly be endless. So besides me who's your other scum read really?

Also at the time me and endless had some disagreements which us why I think he said between Abe and primal. I think what he meant was that he wanted someone to give him a reason to vote one or the either so he didn't seem scummy. Which in the end he just jumped onto Tom and took it from there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to work so I'll post more tonite
He needed 'convincing' for one another, his post still shows hesitancy to vote for one of you too yet, and since he was mafia why would be worried if he had known if they were mafia or town.

My other scumread was Karen but I haven't really progressed with it yet bc I'm still waiting to hear more. I think she has a good follow up on Seroja but I still can't set myself to trust her yet, the off PR claim is haunting me. Although her defense before seemed pretty real. Dolby also made the same push for her with quite similar reasonings, which was interesting as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

two*

It's finally the weekends so I'll be posting more. I have 2 cases against me, which is understandable considering how quiet I've been, so I'll just address that first. Karen addressed a lot of great points based on the content of my posts alone even without (I assume) knowing my usual playstyle. Dolby on the other hand looked at meta, which is convenient (to paint me as scum) if we don't look at context. I'll explain further below:

Seroja
Definitely far more quiet as scum (I know what I said about discord games earlier, but it's the only scum meta their is on her, and I don't think that he was even part of the discord for half the game).

True I was quiet, but me quiet =/= scum because, if you're actually going to do meta comparisons (gotta fight meta with meta), then let me tell you this, in Ladybug mafia, where I was town (as it was my most recent game), I posted even less than in this game on Day 1. I was less helpful too so I think this point is moot.

Fun fact: I didn't even vote D1 cos I overslept. Scummy, no?

Moreover, her opinion on voting is similar as scum as to how it is now, take Murder Mystery Mafia (as scum) and compare it to how she voted.

Parking my vote on Panda cos she's been contradictory throughout. My vote is not final though. I'm rereading the last few pages again.
Oh so that's where she is. I'm waiting for her to answer my question because it might make me change my vote.

This Game

Finally caught up. I'm having second thoughts about voting for Tom. Depending on his list, will vote either him or Abe since there's likely to be scum btwn them.
Just got ready for work crap, Tom, I appreciate your reads list, but what Dolby said about Endless kinda make sense for now so since it was either u or him, I'll go for u.

These are similar yup! But actually, regardless of alignment, that's just my style of posting when I'm undecided on a vote. Case in point- me as town in A Game of Mafia

Anyway, I find Tardis and Curry to be the most suspicious right now. Depending on what Curry posts later, my vote will probably go to either Tardis or him. I'm going back to bed now, good night <3

I just woke up and getting ready now to go to work. I might arrive at work before day ends though so I'll place my votes on Tardis first.

I'm still sus of Curry btw.

In the last minute, Kirby claimed doc so I changed my vote to Curry.

Before I went to bed that night Tom was already my lynch candidate. I woke up around 1 1/2 hour before D1 end so I had to quickly read through 10 pages. While going through the thread, Tom raised a few points on Endless which I felt was plausible and caused doubts in me. #338, #386, #408

Now let's compare her response to bandwagons to an example of where she is town (in the cult game, as it's most recent)

Keep in mind that this is when taesaek (as detective) ****ed up and said they got scum on toads (when he was town). Rather than jump on him like a bandwagoner, she reads his posts rationally and comes to the conclusion that toads is town. There were multiple lynch candidates at this point (Tom and Athena) and she acted far more confident in her reads on them, rather than being cautious and willing to switch her vote in the final minutes.

I'm not changing my votes. I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but there's no way a scum can act like Toads. If he's indeed cult this very moment, we need to crown best actor.

He's being genuine. I trust him.

Well **** lol I read wrong. Why was the sus on Athena then? I thought ppl started voting on her bcos Tom's result returned red which implicated her- that's why I was confident with voting her.

This is what happens when u rush through a thread fml. Toads, this reaaally ain't looking good on you tbh. You bringing up insane cop rly ****ed things up.

These two cases aren't even comparable. I was already behind the idea of lynching Tom before the bandwagon gained traction. Whereas in Ladybug, I had been town-reading Toads from the get go. Toads and I bantered/interacted a lot in that game, enough for me to get a firm grasp of his alignment. I had only 1 hour or so to decide on Tom's.

If we take a lot at her contributions as well...well, their not very substantial

This is probably the post that best shows how she feels about a player. Seriously, compare it to scum her in Murder Mystery. As scum, she leaves room to be suspicious of almost every player. As town, she's normally pretty confident, and contributes more.

I'm sorry my town play has downgraded a lot this game... right just gonna casually leave this here #D1 Ladybug Mafia reads

I was ok with Tom lynch D1 cos he was the most suspicious to me at the time of posting.

ok here i go i just put down a bunch of thoughts together in a quick time span so sorry if something doesn?t make sense

if you notice here let?s single out some of her reads

1. jacob confirmed maf: she doesn?t really lean him either way which is fair, but also could b a precautionary thing to mention a fellow maf
2. karen myself, a strong town read so early on? I?m sorry but i find that hard to believe LOL you posted this one day in to d1 and tbh your reasoning on why you strongly think i?m town is weak. the only way you?d know that i?m town so early on is if you?re maf tbh.
3. getlucky if you notice her comments on get lucky are similar to her comments on jacob so if seroja ends up flipping then he?s someone to look out for, plus getlucky was one of the first to bring up tom & he?s also been lurking and blending in
4. white i don't really know how to interpret this but yeah i think white is just new town
then the rest of her reads are the generic null, idk, whatever

Um I didn't say you were a strong town read though? I said you were my strongest town read, which means you were the most town-leaning compared to the rest. I stated clearly your manner of posting which I believed to be town indicative. If you read my past games you'll know that's how I reason my town reads.

The rest of your analysis are good, makes sense. But I'm town so...

then she doesn?t really do anything until about a day after and comes out with this:

Finally caught up. I'm having second thoughts about voting for Tom. Depending on his list, will vote either him or Abe since there's likely to be scum btwn them.

why??? this was before tom posted his reads list, btw. the only reason why i can think she?s indecisive is bcuz she knew tom was town and didn?t want to seem like she was jumping on the bandwagon.

and then after tom posts his reads list:

Just got ready for work crap, Tom, I appreciate your reads list, but what Dolby said about Endless kinda make sense for now so since it was either u or him, I'll go for u.

what? is it just me or does this not really make sense at all. first, she 1) doesn?t explain her ?second thoughts? on tom from the quote before this, then she just randomly flips back on tom after endless is explained by dolby w/o considering another option? if you are having second thoughts y not choose someone else from your earlier reads list ie. jacob?

I'm sorry when I posted this I literally only had 30mins to shower and get ready for work, which I was late for anyway, so I didn't have time to explain. Plus, I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon, Tom was my lynch candidate in the first place. I could have just gone in the thread and be like, "Yup my suspicion's confirmed, voting Tom" instead of putting myself on the spotlight lmao. Basically everyone jumped on the bandwagon so...

As for having second thoughts, I couldn't just choose to think "Oh maybe I'll have second thoughts between so and so", it's a thought process. What made me sway towards Endless was mostly the back and forth he had with Tom;he stood out the most to me at the moment. I was in a rush, I did the best I could to keep up in that little time frame and make a decision. I didn't even get to fully read Tom's read because I only had a few minutes to put in my votes by the time I saw it.

ness called out on this indecision earlier as well and i can?t find seroja?s response for some reason

Here you go~ you could have just click on my name on OP and you'll find it, but you're welcome.

Yeah that's a fair call. I had around 1 hour to catch up on 10 pages and make a decision and the thread was still moving. After reading Tom's posts I felt like he could be onto something with Endless and wanted to wait for his read. But I was getting ready for work so I literally had no time to think by the time I saw Tom's last few posts. I went with my initial plan to vote Tom backed up by Dolby's latest post. That's all I can say to this

Sorry for the giant post of quotes. I understand where both of you are coming from, but I assure you I am town and I've done my best to prove my case- the rest is up to you. What I can do is that I'll do my best to give more substantial reads from now on.

Can we not focus any more on primal. As I've stated earlier, he's obnoxiously obviously town. New scum players don't have well reasoned underlying thought patterns. He does. Something obvious can be concluded from this.

@Trundle While I don't believe you're mafia right now, can you please stop saying "Why would I push jacob d1 when there wasn't any suspicion on either of us?" because we both know that you have a bad habit of bussing a lot as mafia. Also, funny you should mention that you were the only living person that amanda scumread. I'd noticed that as well, and had mentally noted to check into you further to allay the suspicion that I'd gotten from it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: Karen should be treated as confirmed town. The play she's made would be nothing short of madness as mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Additionally, this might be a little counter-intuitive, but toads is blatant town for correctly stating the actual outcome of the night phase.

Mafia would attempt to look like they didn't have knowledge of what actually happened to fit in, so they'd absolutely not brazenly come out and "guess" the real event that took place.

do u still think that endless might be mafia?? because thats what this question implies.

hes basically clear unless there's SK

I am 99% sure he's town but there's no reason to not make it 100% if it's going to be as simple as seeing the outcome of N2.

This took longer than expected because my wifi was slow so it took forever to ISO posts- also I took long breaks. Anyway, here goes.

Endless- Town based on claim and confirmed by Karen's claim. Would have been null otherwise.

Karen- Claimed PR to validate Endless. Has been town-leaning since start of game based on the nature of her posts- interrogative, insightful and frank[eg of what I mean by frank]- and given her contributions so far, her claim holds a lot of weight. Only one thing stuck out to me.
yes -- i wasn't targeted n1 and if you read the earlier role colour PM convo maf was smart to target endless given his claim compared to mine (if they did? still unclear on what happened n1 and if endless was the one who did the switch thing)

This was a weird statement considering Endless already clarified it one page earlier, and a lot of people talked about it.

Toads- Still town-lean primarily because of his tone of voice (based on memory in Ladybug game), and secondly based on his content. I think his posts are very vocal and structured throughout the game, and he doesn't appear to be hiding things (#248).

I checked his wiki to see how he plays as mafia, just in case, but he was mafia only Mafia in Micro Gayme which is in a format I don't really understand. So all I could take from it was that his posts seemed jumbled up and not well organised.

Ness- Town-lean. Judging by his posts alone I don't know how anyone can see him as anything but Town tbh. He basically initiated and pushed discussions in thread which provided us with a lot of content to work with. His actions as of late is very much town-indicative (e.g: analysing Jacob's post which started more discussions)

glow- I find glow a bit hard to pin down. Going through her posts did make me see the similarity in play style with her usual town self- in your face and somewhat aggressive when prodding for answers/giving reads. Leaning town, but half null because of I need more content to judge.

Apple2013- Town lean, slight null. Based on this game alone (not comparing to games where his maf cos I'm too lazy) he has townish behaviour overall; confident, made a lot of observations, and is overall inquisitive.

Primal- New player with good reasoning and isn't afraid to admit things that might make him seem scummy, most probably town.

Dolby-Null with slight town lean. My initial town lean on him was based on his posts on the Ness fiasco. Overall, Dolby made a lot of thoughtful posts and analysis on D1. My only concern was that he became more quiet in the following days. And the fact that he posted that case against me after Karen feels a bit off to me which prevents me from fully town-reading him.

Heyden- Nothing stands out as scummy from his posts so far, but I'm not really reading him as town so null.

GetLucky- I understand that he's busy, but we shouldn't sleep on him. His had 2 posts on Tom and the rest are on technicalities, comparing play styles between TBT mafia and the other forums he'd played in. So I looked into the games he posted to get an idea of his play style. I didn't know his name in Skullduggery so I just refered to the Azurilland ones, if you know, please give your thoughts.

Anyway he was Witch (Hostile 3rd Party) in Game 1 and Mayor (Town) in Game 2. In both games, it is clear that he's not much of poster. Bunoted t inhat his posts meatier in as Mayor compared to as With. This could really go either way, but I'm more scum leaning than town leaning him at the moment. If he remains inactive, there is chance that he gets modkilled right? So we don't need to waste a lynch on him. Otherwise, my vote goes to him today.

Refs- 1st 3 posts
Game 1: #61, #98, #235
Game 2: #208, #241, #399

White- Seems to be getting a lot of leeway for being new, and posting erratically makes people assume that he's playing noob town. I remember Rosie in SU Mafia also played it off as noob town but is scum. Null.

- - - Post Merge - - -

the thread is awfully quiet today.

@Trundle, how do you suppose you could ensure his role even with N2 outcome?

well at this point I'm not trying to make Endless a point of conversation. I asked a simple question to the host and that was that. Can we try to focus on actually finding scum? Day ends in about 8 hours and we have no lynch candidates.

Smh my wifi died- on mobile now.

well at this point I'm not trying to make Endless a point of conversation. I asked a simple question to the host and that was that. Can we try to focus on actually finding scum? Day ends in about 8 hours and we have no lynch candidates.

I get u. Anyway, I placed my vote on GetLucky based on my reads on him. Did you vote toads as a parking vote or do you really think he's scum? I thought his reads were fine except for the fresh townie scent on White.

Are u gonna make a reads list, or any new reads at least. That'll help a lot.

Primal and Toadsworthy are both insanely awful lynches today, and should not even be considered conceivable lynches by anybody. I would recommend to lynch one of the following four people(this is in no particular order):

Seroja
GetLucky
White

Seroja certainly does make valid points on GetLucky's playstyle, and a reading back to a reads list when she was town and mafia does seem more like their town self(given how many townreads she has). Suspicion is lessened, but the behavior during the day one bandwagon still does strike me as similar to her scum behavior.

Looking at GetLucky's meta in both of his azuirriland games (I don't know his username for the Skullduggery one) there are definietely differences between his scum and town playstyles. Though this could be just due to more experience in the second game and getting confirmed later on, in his first game he tends to make pushes based on gut feelings and without citing any posts. When he does, it's normally seems to be in response to a question on game mechanics, while in the second game he's more up front and accusatory, and less focused on survival.
Moreover, he's only had one stated suspicion the whole game (which could just be him being busy tbh, though pretty much everybody has been less active)

I honestly can't tell if White is noob town or maf. Behavior is odd, but what strikes me is their recent pivot on Primal.

3-2 1:18 P.M
PrimalFlexer, TOWN:

The constant questions and holding out for other people's opinions for him to be base an opinion on them seems townie- like, not entirety certain about this claim though.

3-3 11:49 A.M.
Yay I'm getting lynched because apparently I'm mafia, whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Its funny how PrimalFlexer is focusing on me so much isn't it, trying to center all the intention on me? Haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

He must be scum.

As entropy mentioned earlier, there are also a amount of highly inconsistent reads, such as their town read on Jacob based on his inactivity

Also, if you shot Jacob last night AND you only had one shot, you should claim. If the vigilante is one-shot and used their only shot, they're pretty much a townie now. Claiming would confirm them to be town, and is easily provable. If you have more shots, don't claim

my thing is that i quickread the discussion of n1 and i had the impression that endless was roleblocked so it could've been someone else that made the shot?
idk anyways i guess ill go read it now x3

n can someone explain why glow is townleaning other than seroja who just posted bcuz iirc nearly everyone who posted a reads list had her as town and i dont really understand why given she just randomly posts here and there

- - - Post Merge - - -

ahh rip 7 hours left

- - - Post Merge - - -

aight so @dolby thats three names you have there so is there one person you forgot to write about or typo

meanwhile im wondering where the suspicion on ness went off to. like yeah i did find his maf d1 play inconsistent w/ the one here but did i miss something that made a lot of you drop scumreads on him

To be honest I'm getting pretty meh vibes off of everyone, it might be due to so much inactivity but it's hard to read. I'm keeping my vote on toad until more people chime in.

my thing is that i quickread the discussion of n1 and i had the impression that endless was roleblocked so it could've been someone else that made the shot?
idk anyways i guess ill go read it now x3

n can someone explain why glow is townleaning other than seroja who just posted bcuz iirc nearly everyone who posted a reads list had her as town and i dont really understand why given she just randomly posts here and there

- - - Post Merge - - -

ahh rip 7 hours left

- - - Post Merge - - -

aight so @dolby thats three names you have there so is there one person you forgot to write about or typo

meanwhile im wondering where the suspicion on ness went off to. like yeah i did find his maf d1 play inconsistent w/ the one here but did i miss something that made a lot of you drop scumreads on him

That's pretty much Glow's town behavior now. As mafia she kinda just gives up entirely. At the time of the post, I was considering adding Heyden, but the more I thought about it, the less they seemed like a valid lynch candidate. I kinda dropped my scumread because it was entirely based on his RVS format at the start, and he started to gradually seem more and more town in his posts, and seeming less oppertunistic

Back