• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

Basically Jacob said he had a fake read set up
his three null/scum reads were me, Dolby, and tom and tom is dead

(can u read my post on the last page)

- - - Post Merge - - -

asking u cause you nulled dolby

You're either really bad town or mafia. I was the first one to vote for Jacob yesterday and even supported his lynch. He flips mafia. Why would I need to bus D1 when neither I nor Jacob was under suspicion? In place of a guaranteed town lynch? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone reading me anything other than town right now is either not reading the posts of this game or just sucks. Or they are mafia. And you know I'm an egotistical ass wipe. Of course I'm going to bring attention to myself being right. If I were to die N1, me being right would have given more incentive for you to go back through my reads and find the scum. Almost all of your reads are trash. Your two orange coloured reads are literally just "I can smell it, they are scum". At first I thought the mafia was trying to bus post-death you by labeling you as town so hard for no reason, but now I think they were actually trying to make you appear pro-town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also my town read on Dolby is now null. I think the fact that both Jacob and toad felt the need to comment on him in such a vague way makes him very suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can a roleblocker block the same person two nights in a row?

- - - Post Merge - - -

How the heck could you be reading me as anything other than town? You must have absolutely no intuition in your body at all.

CALM IT DOWN.... too aggressive, more than welcome to talk about this. But not in your current state.
I did overlook your voting pattern, ok and I'm willing to admit that and it does help. But bashing me isn't the way to go.... and no all my reads aren't trash, back up.

Basically Jacob said he had a fake read set up
his three null/scum reads were me, Dolby, and tom and tom is dead

(can u read my post on the last page)

- - - Post Merge - - -

asking u cause you nulled dolby

Very good post actually. The way you wrote the whole thing (which is very intrusive in many regards) makes me think you are pro-town, if you remember that mafia often play as if they're talking from a distance unless they're forced otherwise. I'm going to be null on Dolby until he dies, I guarantee it. He is one of the best at keeping his role hidden on here in my opinion. What you said helps, but it is a lot of speculation on top of more speculation. At the moment, Dolby is not an option for today's lynch so after we hear his reads at this point, as well as a few others, we can narrow down a target a bit more appropriately.

- - - Post Merge - - -

CALM IT DOWN.... too aggressive, more than welcome to talk about this. But not in your current state.
I did overlook your voting pattern, ok and I'm willing to admit that and it does help. But bashing me isn't the way to go.... and no all my reads aren't trash, back up.

I am very calm, but I am also a very blunt person. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings (if you're town), but how are you coming to your conclusions? Your reads seem so filler it's hard to see you as town right now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also going back through amanda's posts, I find it interesting that she scum read me quite hard the entire time she was alive. She also scum read Tom. I feel like the mafia are trying to get me lynched very hard right now.

seeing as how everyone is really only posting "oh I know, (so and so) is town" and everyone is taking it for that.... the only difference is I don't have the credibility to do that. The reason I too knew that Jacob was mafia was that he was looking dodgy, hadn't posted anything of too much value except adding to the Ness early discussion. So I applied that to looking at everyone else, hence why. Looking back you haven't really given us a too good of an idea overall of you are looking at despite saying you had a theory or something... so it made me suspicious. Looking at most of your posts, they were just defensive jabs at anyone who was the slightest suspicious of you. Which also was suspicious. So putting all your "obvious town things" aside I was looking at people overall to keep my day 1 bias out of it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My day 1 bias means like how you naturally feel good or bad about someone but usually turns out wrong later in the game... you know?

yeah that's a fair evaluation

i guess today my main suspects are seroja, getlucky, ness (maybe?) and whoever else comes up in discussion with good cases

Heyo. Since I haven't made one yet (and considering that multiple people are scumreading people who I consider townlocks), I'm making a reads post.

Endless
Not even close, I wholeheartly believe that he is town bus driver. His claim makes sense and the night action data regarding the possibility of him being scum would also make him being scum implausible. In order to advance his story, the mafia (operating under the assumption that they have one roleblocker, which occurs in like 90% of 15 player games) would have had to withhold their block in order to confirm his story about being blocked. Moreover, he was saved by doc.

Dolby
A scumlord and a bluesniper, lynch him before he kills all our blues and 12 v 1s us again

Ness
The suspicion that I had earlier with Ness was based solely on the fact that he had uncharacteristic behavior at the beginning of the game. However, he's come back to a behavior that I consider characteristic of him as town and has displayed little of the behavior that I consider his key scum trait, oppertunism.

Toadsworthy
First townlock based on behavior. Toadsworthy's behavior is highly characteristic of town. Like town, his posts don't take into account past meta and only things that he would consider characteristic of a player being mafia, regardless of how much they've done so in the past (see current spat with Trundle). Whereas, as mafia (from the one game he has been) he's willing to throw out suspicion at pretty much all comments(there is a difference between the two behaviors).

Trundle
Town town town. I've been echoing it about him since the beginning of the game and that's what he is. If there is a parallel between this game and another for him, it'd definitely be scummies mafia.

GetLucky
Far to quiet for me to get a read, but that seems to (somewhat) consistent with his town behavior in other games. Null

Seroja
Definitely far more quiet as scum (I know what I said about discord games earlier, but it's the only scum meta their is on her, and I don't think that he was even part of the discord for half the game). Moreover, her opinion on voting is similar as scum as to how it is now, take Murder Mystery Mafia (as scum) and compare it to how she voted.

Parking my vote on Panda cos she's been contradictory throughout. My vote is not final though. I'm rereading the last few pages again.
Oh so that's where she is. I'm waiting for her to answer my question because it might make me change my vote.
This Game
Finally caught up. I'm having second thoughts about voting for Tom. Depending on his list, will vote either him or Abe since there's likely to be scum btwn them.
Just got ready for work crap, Tom, I appreciate your reads list, but what Dolby said about Endless kinda make sense for now so since it was either u or him, I'll go for u.
Now let's compare her response to bandwagons to an example of where she is town (in the cult game, as it's most recent)
I'm not changing my votes. I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but there's no way a scum can act like Toads. If he's indeed cult this very moment, we need to crown best actor.

He's being genuine. I trust him.
Well **** lol I read wrong. Why was the sus on Athena then? I thought ppl started voting on her bcos Tom's result returned red which implicated her- that's why I was confident with voting her.

This is what happens when u rush through a thread fml. Toads, this reaaally ain't looking good on you tbh. You bringing up insane cop rly ****ed things up.
Keep in mind that this is when taesaek (as detective) ****ed up and said they got scum on toads (when he was town). Rather than jump on him like a bandwagoner, she reads his posts rationally and comes to the conclusion that toads is town. There were multiple lynch candidates at this point (Tom and Athena) and she acted far more confident in her reads on them, rather than being cautious and willing to switch her vote in the final minutes.

If we take a lot at her contributions as well...well, their not very substantial
Will we get a day end timer?

Tom is still nowhere to be found. I've seen him around the forum today but no posts here recently idk. I'm ok with a Tom lynch for now but we'll see. Imma go to sleep now, will try to wake up earlier tomorrow and see what's up.

@Toads, what about you, who do you find most suspicious?

@Primal,
green-town
orange to red- mafia
grey- null

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops ninja'd
This is probably the post that best shows how she feels about a player. Seriously, compare it to scum her in Murder Mystery. As scum, she leaves room to be suspicious of almost every player. As town, she's normally pretty confident, and contributes more.

White
Quick readthrough shows their a noob, I'd make a more extensive analysis, but i have like 10 minutes to make the rest of these

Heyden
Null, plain and simple

Glow
Notably inactive and non-contributive as scum. As town (more recently at least) has a playstyle that's far more stream of consciousness based and less evidence based, but does provide. Whereas as mafia is less active, and just posts one-liners that don't say anything.

Karen
Town without a question. Claim and the fact that I was townreading them based on behavior is more that enough for me to townlock them

I'll give a read on Primal sometime later today, gtg. But my guess is that scum is in Seroja and the people that I nullread. I have high confidence in my townlocks being town and would be shocked if any of them are scum

Yay I'm getting lynched because apparently I'm mafia, whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Its funny how PrimalFlexer is focusing on me so much isn't it, trying to center all the intention on me? Haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

He must be scum.

@white Lmao thats a crack up. Most people have assumed you are a town role so I doubt that you were even in anyone's mind to lynch. I am just trying to point out things that I find strange about your behavior in this game. sus me because i sus you? That logic is terrible.
I wanna point out that you didn't finish your reads list like you said you were going to. If that could be finished I might see where you are coming from.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@toad I am kind of concerned that you thanked mafia for killing amanda. When it seems like amanda would be a strong player for town. If you could explain this thought of yours a little bit more in depth I would appreciate it.
I want to still know why you think mafia would bus their partner on d1 but I'll reread to see if you already explained that.

Amanda was a very big null for me. So finding out her faction would have been hard. I was goading mafia to be a jerk. In my past games people have bussed on day one.... it's not out of the wheelhouse. I'm leaving myself open to the idea.

@toad I am kind of concerned that you thanked mafia for killing amanda. When it seems like amanda would be a strong player for town. If you could explain this thought of yours a little bit more in depth I would appreciate it.
I want to still know why you think mafia would bus their partner on d1 but I'll reread to see if you already explained that.
I can understand why he said that tho, mafia could've easily made a lead on her bc of the sus read Tom made on her, as they would've had a point backed up. Not that his reads were too useful tho bc they were 80% scum reads lmao

@white sorry if i referred to you as a she. My bad.
Do you have those other reads by chance? I think the reads you are missing are for sure dolby and trundle. (I forgot who the last one is)
@Heyden the way that you said it makes a lot more sense. I can see it now but the problem for me is that you explained it very well and Toad said it in a way that just doesn't sit well with me. Also Im going to go ahead and make a judgement here, Amanda seems like she would have been able to prove because like you said his reads were mostly scum anywho. Then from there we would have been able to figure out whos scummy because of their push led off by an iffy post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

"she would have been able to prove otherwise"

Back