• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

trundles obvtown and so is dolby

- - - Post Merge - - -

i see u lurkers

- - - Post Merge - - -

i see u lurkers

- - - Post Merge - - -

CURRY why are there no post link things

- - - Post Merge - - -

CURRY why are there no post link things

nothing much just some stuff that needs clarifying.

@Karen

I just want to know who do you mean here, is it Dolby? anyway, for now I townlean you the most based on your observations now and then. they seem pretty straightforward.

i was talking about ness not dolby in that post
i asked trundle about dolby earlier bcuz he sorta townread him and i thought that was interesting that trundle read dolby's leadership thing / questionnaire as characteristic of him being town
and ofc i dont remember how dolby plays but yeah im keeping that in mind

- - - Post Merge - - -

trundles obvtown and so is dolby

care to explain why : )
i mean theyre doing great things for the discussion but whats making u certain

- - - Post Merge - - -

o and also im also in class ill read up on endless' long post in a bit x3

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually nvm screw class im reading now

if my reads don't seem well organized it's bc they're not, and this is gonna be more stream of consciousness than anything

abe is a scumlord and so is ness but their interactions are clearly not teamlike so there's only 1 maf between them both

dolbys locktown, the difference between scum & town dolby is night and day lol. u can tell he actually enjoys playing as town

trundle is p towny too (or maybe he's learned 2 not be obvscum xd) and i think his push on ness is really natural

Additional notes: I'll have to read up on ness's past games. His posts come of as insincere and forced. Possibly a playstyle thing rather than an indication of his alignment though.

big contrast to how awkwardly abe pushes on ness, he sort of backs off it by tacking on "could be an alignment thing haha don't criticisize me for this read"

it just sounds like he's being passive/lazy which isn't how i remember his play

Junkrat is a kind of jokester given his taunts, but I have to admit I don't feel terribly confident about a third party.

is that what it says in the scum pms? ;^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOOOL I didn't see abes textwall when i was writing this

abe would it kill u to use more spacing jfc

who's abe

and also some general comments after quick reading d1 of tarot maf

1) looks like im completely out of date w/ mafia on here looks like the question thing is the norm so i have nothing against dolby (was slightly sus before)
2) in the game that endless linked where ness was maf, his d1 performance was drastically different. ik endless went off his most recent 48hr day performance in that game (if im reading his post right), which im currently a bit too lazy to read, but he didnt go out poking everyone d1, wasn't as active in general and didnt try to stimulate much discussion so i dont really see the connection there altho ness' performance alone here w/o any background knowledge is def weird

so tldr i dont think theres any visible correlation between his current performance & his last d1 maf performance, but his posts are definitely something to look over and perhaps i can give more input after reading his last full day as maf but for now i dont really have a clear opinion altho i was sorta scum leaning him before

@endless, can you summarize your long post into like a single few sentences why you actually voted ness?
also explosive tumbleweed? lol, I'm trying to be better about it, i swear

@glow: I went back to re-read my PM because of that lmao. But honestly I said I don't feel confident on a third party based off numbers. If we wanted to speculate alignment based off heroes, Junkrat, Roadhog, Zarya, Dva, Lucio, Sombra, Pharah, Symmetra, Zenyatta, Hanzo and Bastion would be names to keep an eye on? Junkrat and Roadhog being the chaotic types, Zarya could have potentially be a lyncher type role (based off animation tasked with hunting Sombra), Sombra would most likely be mafia but given how it's her motivations she could potentially be a traitor to maf, Dva/Lucio/Pharah/Hanzo/Zenyatta wasn't part of the OG Overwatch team, Symmetra works for a company described as nefarious in OW Lore, and Bastion is a relic from the Omnic war.

Leftover names leaves Widowmaker/Reaper as clearly mafia. Soldier 76, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, Tracer, Winston, Mercy, McCree, Ana, Genji (?), and Mei are most likely names we're left with as town aligned. 10 town aligned names given that they're all Overwatch members, 3 Talon operatives. That leaves two wildcards.

@Karen: Abe = Endless

Actually given that I just did the math, let me clarify and state I don't believe there's hostile third parties at the moment.

CHILL, ok! I'm out of touch with mafia, so I've been going back and forth looking at people from other games and relooking at games where I actually made a difference (I literally reread most of Trump mafia and Murder Mystery), because I don't want my recent history to keep repeating where I keep shamefully dying day 1.

But really, you are over here reaction testing three people already and I throw in one little question to you and you don't answer right off the bat and OMGUS me, but I'm the suspicious one. I phrased it the way I did to make sure you know I wasn't trying to equate you to scum or mafia so early, I literally just wanted to know what you were thinking since you had already voted on someone at that time too and your post did seem awkward.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also have you always been invisible? or this is a recent change?

it's noteworthy that you went back and reread your old games. its sort of weird to do this as town lol. like why would u want to reread urself rather than reread others and compare them to how they're playing now.

i mean, why didn't u make comparisons on other ppls play if you took the time to reread most of that game

or are you just trying to focus on ~not getting lynched~ rather than scumhunting

it's noteworthy that you went back and reread your old games. its sort of weird to do this as town lol. like why would u want to reread urself rather than reread others and compare them to how they're playing now.

i mean, why didn't u make comparisons on other ppls play if you took the time to reread most of that game

or are you just trying to focus on ~not getting lynched~ rather than scumhunting

i dont think its that weird, to me i read it as toad trying to actively contribute something this time and improve his playstyle from his previous games

good pun with the "noteworthy"

I did that too, I especially was looking at Dolby because I remember him being someone markedly different as mafia. But I agree he seems town right now. But in looking back at Trump mafia I kinda just was having fun re-reading it, so I probably stayed too long on that one.

I will admit that I still have a hard time reading the difference between very crappy town play and scum play. Ref weeb mafia and AC (I think) mafia where Beary and Blu Rose caused major distraction as townies all D1. I let their lynches but they flipped green. The thing is, I think Ness is more experienced and more intelligent, which makes me think it is more scum play than bad town play. I will also mention that he consistently is flipping aggression onto other players instead of defending himself or bringing up reads outside of his little spat with me. This is a pretty big scum tell, but again, it is also a noob townie tell too. Also early glow reads are town. I'm null on Karen and Endless now.

Ness, town: Trying to act as if he's town, but seems like mafia but that's what he's trying to make us think so...I think he's town.
Jacob, town: Kinda defended Ness, that's all I'm going off right now.

Trundle, Dolby, Glow e.t.c: I have no idea.

I'm just gonna point out that this is how toad always plays. I don't think I've seen him mafia before though.

Forgive me for not being able to toss out any reads but from what I'm reading you guys are basing scum reads and town tells off of games played in the past so I can't really offer any for sure fire evidence because I don't know how anyone in here plays. I can say though I still think Ness is town and I'm thinking apple may be town but I haven't seen enough content to make me want to vote for anyone.

Back