Online Multiplayer Cost

Jules

Rep of Woodfall
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Summer Shell
Cake
Hi everyone,

Kind of a general question / inquiry but does anyone know if we'll have to pay for Nintendo Online ($10 / a month) to have access to the multiplayer options that have traditionally been offered in past games for free (like visiting a friend's town remotely)?

If so, do you think that will take away from the experience of the game?

Sincerely,

a lifelong AC player who is also a broke student & just lost their job

Nintendo online is $20 a year for an individual, $35 for a family (up to 8 unique emails). And yes, you'll need it to play online.

And no, it won't take away from how I play.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. That is more affordable than originally thought :)

Oh man $10 a month would be insane!!! I’m so glad it’s only $20-$35 a year, which is still affordable imo. I hate that we have to pay for online but I still opted for a $35 family plan so I can add additional emails to it and create more characters for my ACNH town as well as add a few friends to it. Sad that it resorts to that, but it is what it is :I Yesterday the Nintendo online services was down for a few hours and I was so frustrated without it. It made me realise how much I rely on online for a lot of my favourite games. There are a ton of games that are fine without online play, ACNH included, but I love trading and playing with friends too much to not use it.

If you get a family plan with 8 people, then everyone would only have to pay 4.37 a year! Very affordable.

Back