• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Online Multiplayer Cost

Jules

Rep of Woodfall
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Summer Shell
Cake
Hi everyone,

Kind of a general question / inquiry but does anyone know if we'll have to pay for Nintendo Online ($10 / a month) to have access to the multiplayer options that have traditionally been offered in past games for free (like visiting a friend's town remotely)?

If so, do you think that will take away from the experience of the game?

Sincerely,

a lifelong AC player who is also a broke student & just lost their job

Nintendo online is $20 a year for an individual, $35 for a family (up to 8 unique emails). And yes, you'll need it to play online.

And no, it won't take away from how I play.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. That is more affordable than originally thought :)

Oh man $10 a month would be insane!!! I’m so glad it’s only $20-$35 a year, which is still affordable imo. I hate that we have to pay for online but I still opted for a $35 family plan so I can add additional emails to it and create more characters for my ACNH town as well as add a few friends to it. Sad that it resorts to that, but it is what it is :I Yesterday the Nintendo online services was down for a few hours and I was so frustrated without it. It made me realise how much I rely on online for a lot of my favourite games. There are a ton of games that are fine without online play, ACNH included, but I love trading and playing with friends too much to not use it.

If you get a family plan with 8 people, then everyone would only have to pay 4.37 a year! Very affordable.

Back