• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Old School Animal Crossing Week starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye tho i think kaleidoclovers where a fad, so still no real determination for a value...

I don't think they are fad, it is just that a lot of them are in the hands of a few that don't want to get rid of them because of sentimentality or simply because they see it as their favorite collectible (like me, Sheila, and Hestu). The only person I know of that has a large supply of them for sale or trade is Danielkang2 (from investments in my shop). I know a lot of people want them, but they are expensive because a lot of the supply not returning to circulation. Due to this, I think Kaleidoclovers have reached a peak/stable value unless the status quo changes in the near future. If the Red Turnip supply continues to decline, I bet you the Red Turnip is going to become equally or more valuable if the demand is there.

It is crazy for sure, this means that there are only 2 more Red Turnips in the wild compared to Kaleidoclovers (71)! o_O It makes you wonder if this number is going to decrease even more...

I was expecting it to mostly stop decreasing once the people who weren't as committed were weeded out at the start, however the purge shows no signs of stopping.

Luckily I've managed to keep a Tatsugotchi alive for over a year, so I could probably keep this alive indefinitely if I really had to. Though I'm glad it will be over soon enough and I won't have to worry about it anymore.

I think the Red Turnip will be fairly valuable in the future. Just look at how much apples (another food item) are usually sold for, and there are over 200 of them. Of course apples may have more appeal than red turnips, but it does show that those types of items can be considered valuable by people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although looking at the new unlimited apple, those prices might not stay high for long...

Here’s a question I like to ask. Can your turnip still die even if you water it every day?

I think the Red Turnip will be fairly valuable in the future. Just look at how much apples (another food item) are usually sold for, and there are over 200 of them. Of course apples may have more appeal than red turnips, but it does show that those types of items can be considered valuable by people.

I honestly can see it and I also can see many other collectibles gaining a lot more value especially when you consider the large crowd that will be coming in when New Horizons comes out. All I got to advise is get the lineups/collectibles you want before that happens...

Here’s a question I like to ask. Can your turnip still die even if you water it every day?

With the way Jeremy described it, I doubt it because the "Starter" will become the real Red Turnip at the end of the event.

Last edited:
I don't think they are fad, it is just that a lot of them are in the hands of a few that don't want to get rid of them because of sentimentality or simply because they see it as their favorite collectible (like me, Sheila, and Hestu). The only person I know of that has a large supply of them for sale or trade is Danielkang2 (from investments in my shop). I know a lot of people want them, but they are expensive because a lot of the supply not returning to circulation. Due to this, I think Kaleidoclovers have reached a peak/stable value unless the status quo changes in the near future. If the Red Turnip supply continues to decline, I bet you the Red Turnip is going to become equally or more valuable if the demand is there.

it amazes me how knowledgable you are about forum collectibles! its intriguing that there's a whole economic system on this forum haha. did you buy a red turnip? and is it still living?

ngl, at this point I'm rooting for it to reach sub-の numbers

that would certainly be shocking!! I'm rooting for it too. only 3 more days now, isn't it? maybe 2 I'm not sure...

I honestly can see it and I also can see many other collectibles gaining a lot more value especially when you consider the large crowd that will be coming in when New Horizons comes out. All I got to advise is get the lineups/collectibles you want before that happens...

I think that's basically inevitable with most limited collectibles. If the userbase suddenly grows after the launch of New Horizons, then a small (but significant) fraction would end up getting into the collectible trade. You're increasing the demand by a lot but the supply stays the same (or even lowers in some cases due to users permanently leaving). Definitely a good idea to get your desired collectibles now if they won't ever be released again.

it amazes me how knowledgable you are about forum collectibles! its intriguing that there's a whole economic system on this forum haha. did you buy a red turnip? and is it still living?

Thank you, but I wouldn't say that I am an expert though. I know a few people on here with amazing foresight though that have a lot of past experience and I actually learned a lot from talking with them which has helped me gain a general understanding of how things work here. I did discover things on my own as well and entered uncharted territory with my shop, but I still would advise to ultimately take my opinion with a grain of salt at the end of the day because no one here can truly predict the economic outcome in the TBT Market.

When it comes to my Red Turnip, it definitely still is alive! lol It is just hidden because I didn't want it to jack up my lineup. :p

We're past the halfway point now, folks! We can do it, my fellow turnip caretakers.

How can you guys just hide it? Wear it with pride, and make it work with your lineup. xD

im so anxious to see how many people are gonna drop from now on... it seems that we're all invested in taking care of our turnip now!

sidenote: does anyone know how many of each hybrid collectible went into circulation?

Last edited:
Count me in as part of the turnip gang! I've become super attached to my little guy, haha - been anxiously watering him every night before bed and can't wait to make him a permanent part of my collection (fingers crossed)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back