Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we need to have a discussion about official punishments for offenses in Mafia games.

In my opinion we need to make things much harsher in order for these games to be fun and run smoothly. Over the past couple of months, the quality of the games has been declining and I think it needs to stop.

Go ahead and post your opinions and suggestions on what needs to change and why.

Okay, we need to have a discussion about official punishments for offenses in Mafia games.

In my opinion we need to make things much harsher in order for these games to be fun and run smoothly. Over the past couple of months, the quality of the games has been declining and I think it needs to stop.

Go ahead and post your opinions and suggestions on what needs to change and why.

We need it, we need punishments for those who leave games prematurely, dont post, spam and all that lot.
I suggested a google doc of whos banned and how long for.

Agreed. There shouldn't be exceptions for modkills. I think the Google Doc idea is a pretty good idea for organizing and enforcing the modkills.

Signing up knowing you'll be gone for a while deserves a 3+ game ban, maybe even higher.

We need it, we need punishments for those who leave games prematurely, dont post, spam and all that lot.

If nobody else wants to take that on, I can do it.

Personally I think penalties for being inactive in a game should result in a ban (not sure for how long etc.) unless it's some kind of crazy circumstance.

Personally I think penalties for being inactive in a game should result in a ban (not sure for how long etc.) unless it's some kind of crazy circumstance.

We need to come up with a scheme, offences, how long each offence is worth, and how sever the punishment gets for repeat offenders. I've already offered to tend to the doc, but if we allow access to hosts, people can change during their games and what not.

In the plans, I posted about it here just a few days ago.

I guess queue games have to wait, then :/
Sorry that you rushed your post.
Queue games should take priority over unofficial games in my opinion. I think there's some ground rules that need establishing before allowing unofficial games to come trickling in.

So a graylist for players prone to this sort of behavior? IE I join a bunch of mafia games but hardly ever post, because of this behavior hosts are more likely to refuse entry or place me on replacements only for a while. Extreme repeat behavior results in bans or just banned from all TBT mafia (official) games.

Agreed. There shouldn't be exceptions for modkills. I think the Google Doc idea is a pretty good idea for organizing and enforcing the modkills.

Signing up knowing you'll be gone for a while deserves a 3+ game ban, maybe even higher.
A thread does the same thing as the doc sheet. But last I checked the ban list is still part of this OP and Justin had ideas in mind as well? And what type of ban length? We've essentially have three games running at all times, how are we going to specify these? 2 Main Mafia game bans, 3 mini mafia bans, and 2 newbie (?)?

Like I mentioned two pages ago I believe, late game when its just 10~ players we really ought to speed things up if all players are online and have no qualms with it progressing at the rate of All Votes/Actions in new day/night.But for those consistently inactive the entire game a penalty like bans should come into play. We could also request other hosts not allow at risk in actives from signing up for other mafia games if they won't contribute to the ongoing one they're supposed to be playing.

In the plans, I posted about it here just a few days ago.
Any ideas thus far?

A thread does the same thing as the doc sheet. But last I checked the ban list is still part of this OP and Justin had ideas in mind as well? And what type of ban length? We've essentially have three games running at all times, how are we going to specify these? 2 Main Mafia game bans, 3 mini mafia bans, and 2 newbie (?)?

Yeah, I know, I just thought a sheet would be easier to update (multiple people can edit, not just one). The type of ban length should cover all of the games, in my opinion. A ban for only one type of game would leave the other types vulnerable.

If someone is banned it should apply to any Mafia game, I don't see why it wouldn't. You bring up some good thoughts.

If someone is banned it should apply to any Mafia game, I don't see why it wouldn't. You bring up some good thoughts.
Of course, but a three game ban means what exactly? We have a main, a mini and now a newbie running pretty much at all times. A three game ban wouldn't even matter that much, it'd just be a few days of waiting it out.

If there is a community banlist, with a few people for upkeep, would the link be made public? OR will it only be revealed for hosts?

If there is a community banlist, with a few people for upkeep, would the link be made public? OR will it only be revealed for hosts?
If we go the Google Doc way it should be public somehow. Few people upkeep and send hosts a link to "submit" via form bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back