• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be embarrassed to get banned
i would be even more horrified if everyone knew ;_;

i agree ppl who do illegal things shud not be named nd shamed, its against their human rights. they shoudlnt even be punished as it would be embarassing

i agree ppl who do illegal things shud not be named nd shamed, its against their human rights. they shoudlnt even be punished as it would be embarassing

That sort of situation isn't really comparable to this.

I'm looking into the idea of imposing an official ban system in the future as recent events with some games have shown a need for one. Looking for input from anyone willing in here as to how they feel such a system should be implemented and handled. Or if you think we're better off without it, explain why.

Google docs on a spread sheet, name, reason, why, start date and end date.

I think a ban list would be really helpful.
We could just do a list of people you are allowed to ban, but it is optional to use maybe?

Who would be in charge of upkeep? Or would whoever makes it simply approve submitters?

hm I'd say either hosts can have access and after their game add or remove people, or even someone can be nominated, like I said, start and end dates so they'll just need removing once those dates have finished.

hm I'd say either hosts can have access and after their game add or remove people, or even someone can be nominated, like I said, start and end dates so they'll just need removing once those dates have finished.

Actually thinking about it, we could just create a Google Form document and then just make sure one or two people are in charge of up keep. Share the "results" link for people to see.

I dunno, I'm partial to just a thread but forms work.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And how would it handle bans like Cory's? Banned from future Noodle games and banned from future Oath games (unless something changed in that PM). A warning system or would we out right ban him from future games?

How would perma bans be decided?? Like it seems you'd have to do something really big to be banned from all future games.

Well for instance, cory is banned from noodle and oath games because of his behaviour, now i think repeat offenders should be perma banned, people who have been banned various times, because there was no ban system everyone should have a clean slate, but any behaviour from then or even just the hosts digression i suppose.

Well for instance, cory is banned from noodle and oath games because of his behaviour, now i think repeat offenders should be perma banned, people who have been banned various times, because there was no ban system everyone should have a clean slate, but any behaviour from then or even just the hosts digression i suppose.

Yeah that makes sense. People that continually cause problems and have been banned, but given chances, are the ones that should be perma banned or atleast banned for a considerable amount of time.

I think a google docs would be fine, I'll make it if we decide to have it. I'm already using excel right now for my game so it's something to do whilst I wait.

Is it really necessary to have a Google doc? I would've thought that a thread would suffice.

Is it really necessary to have a Google doc? I would've thought that a thread would suffice.

True but it would be easier to edit for everyone, so someone else could and it's easy to read, it could be linked in this thread therefore it's one less thread to be stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back