NPC status in NH (as of 2.0/HHP DLC Direct video)

DJStarstryker

Bells
This list is based off of the NPCs that exist as amiibo cards. I'm aware that there's some NPCs from previous games that have not shown up, but there is also no indication that they ever will show up, so I didn't include them. Feel free to discuss any you want below though! I made this list just in case anyone is curious.

Exists in NH
Blathers
Celeste
CJ
Cyrus
Daisy Mae
Flick
Franklin
Gulliver
Harvey
Isabelle
Jack
Jingle
K.K. Slider
Kicks
Labelle
Leif
Luna
Mabel
Orville
Pascal
Pave
Redd
Reese
Rover
Saharah
Timmy & Tommy
Tom Nook
Wilbur
Wisp
Zipper

Confirmed to be in NH starting with 2.0 update + HHP DLC
Brewster
Harriet
Kapp'n
Katrina
Lottie (HHP DLC)
Niko (new HHP DLC NPC)
Tortimer
Wardell (new HHP DLC NPC)

Not Confirmed to be in NH 2.0 + HHP Yet (other than posters from scanning amiibo)
Blanca
Booker
Chip (role was replaced by CJ)
Copper
Digby
Don Resetti
Gracie
Joan (role was replaced by Daisy Mae)
Katie
Kapp'n's family members - Grams/Leila/Leilani
Lyle
Nat (role was replaced by Flick)
Pelly/Pete/Phyllis (role was replaced by postcards in airport + mysterious mail deliveries)
Phineas (role was replaced by the Nook Miles goals)
Porter
Resetti (technically part of Rescue Service I guess, but you don't actually see him and his character model is not in the game)
Shrunk
Wendell

----

Think anyone on list 3 will surprise appear in the 2.0 update? Do you think we'll be able to make houses for them in HHP?

I think there's a high chance they'll show up for at least making them houses in HHP, but it's unknown for sure right now. As for actual roles in the game, I feel like Gracie, Lyle, and Digby have the highest chances for a surprise re-appearance - Lyle and Digby not being shown with HHP feels weird. And Gracie would fit in perfect on Harv's island. Kapp'n's family has a possibility too just because Kapp'n exists. The rest... I don't know.

Digby – Potentially on HHP? He was one of the main characters on HHD.
Gracie – If the data mines hint at a new Nook's upgrade, maybe Gracie will be in the department store like NL?
Lyle – HHP somewhere?
Shrunk – No idea where he'd go, but there was a Shrunk Funk emotion found ages ago, so he's probably going to teach that to us somehow.

These are the only ones I can see being hidden. No idea about the roles of others but I really hope most of them come back. I'm not too bothered on some of them like Porter or Don Resetti. I really miss the Pelicans and the police dogs though...

Digby – Potentially on HHP? He was one of the main characters on HHD.
Gracie – If the data mines hint at a new Nook's upgrade, maybe Gracie will be in the department store like NL?
Lyle – HHP somewhere?
Shrunk – No idea where he'd go, but there was a Shrunk Funk emotion found ages ago, so he's probably going to teach that to us somehow.

These are the only ones I can see being hidden. No idea about the roles of others but I really hope most of them come back. I'm not too bothered on some of them like Porter or Don Resetti. I really miss the Pelicans and the police dogs though...

I didn't know about the Shrunk Funk emotion, but I definitely liked that one in NL! I'd love to have it, and him as an NPC, back!

The lack of a Nook upgrade is the only thing about this Direct that I'm genuinely surprised wasn't there. It's not just that it's tradition to have more Nook upgrades, but there's been hints in the code about it for so long now. If this is going to be the last major update, I feel like it should've been there. A Nook store upgrade doesn't feel like minor update territory to me.

If I’m not mistaken I think there was an upgrade for it mentioned in one of the datamines. But I’m not sure what it was about. It could have just been for more furniture.

I didn't know about the Shrunk Funk emotion, but I definitely liked that one in NL! I'd love to have it, and him as an NPC, back!

The lack of a Nook upgrade is the only thing about this Direct that I'm genuinely surprised wasn't there. It's not just that it's tradition to have more Nook upgrades, but there's been hints in the code about it for so long now. If this is going to be the last major update, I feel like it should've been there. A Nook store upgrade doesn't feel like minor update territory to me.

Yep, it was found over a year ago!
@ 1:11.

Also I agree, but I'm hoping they hid it away because if it's been found in the code, maybe they've "unlocked" it for the DLC and our shops will upgrade depending on the bells we've spent like older games? I really hope so anyway. It definitely seems wrong to have "Nook's Cranny v2" as the final upgrade, but I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Thanks for the write-up! Also Wardell seems like the new iteration / second generation of Wendell (as with Daisy Mae/Joan, Flick/Nat etc). Wendell was also replaced with the interactive board in Ables/Dream Suite. Shrunk role was replaced by villagers giving reactions.

Back