• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nocturnal Villagers

Ossiran

Bells
Switch
5711-6773-4411
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Lobo
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Christmas Candy
Jingloid
Tin Robot
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Something I feel would really bring life to the night life of the game is having one or two villagers (depending on number of villagers allowed in a town) who are nocturnal inhabiting the town. While not required, preferably having them be a nocturnal species like a bat, hyena, opossum, coyote, or badger would be nice.

I'm sure many people growing up had that one neighbor who was rarely ever seen during the day because they worked a night shift. Having villagers that are specifically nocturnal and only appear outside of their house from maybe 6 PM until 6 AM (with an hour each day they'll be in their house due to waking up or getting ready for bed) would be an interesting take on things and give players more to do at night.

Because most people like playing during the day, towns would probably be limited to one or two of these villagers. And perhaps an option could be that if they move out, they can only be replaced by another nocturnal villager.

I'm curious to know what you all think of this ideas? Are nocturnal villagers something you'd like to see?

Yes. I would love if it was species related.

And a shop that only opens at night that you can sell stuff to (maybe at a lower cost than retail. Or more!) would increase night time gameplay by so much.

Yesss I would love this.
My fiance was on night shift for a while, and I was adjusting to his schedule. So playing NL at night and such wasn't fun, because everyone was asleep.

Having a late night shop would be nice, and nocturnal villagers too! They could totally do it, since Blathers and Celeste are both nocturnal. It'd just be more interesting. Then you could base your town off of whichever you prefered the most.

The idea of nocturnal villagers sounds pretty interesting, especially the species you mentioned
would be really nice to have as new villagers.

Speaking of nocturnal villagers: How about also a nocturnal NPC? Like someone who is running a
shop, only open at night for those who love the night live and also can't sleep, loved of course
by the nocturnal villagers, who prefer to hang out there a lot. That would be cool.

/god yes/. My first few years playing NL kinda sucked because I was only able to really play starting at midnight most of the time, it was a bit sad that I couldn’t enjoy the day-by-day nature of things bc I always had to shift the clock depending on that day’s schedule, it’d be so much fun to have a real night life!

This would be awesome, especially if actual nocturnal animals are the ones that come out at night!

That's a pretty cool idea. I don't play late at night that much, but when I do there's never that much to do. It'd be fun to run into some nocturnal friends^^ Really hoping for some bat designs. They'd look adorable.
A 24h/night store would also be a nice addition. I hate having to dump everything I want to sell outside Re-Tail bezause I have to wait for the next day.

I think it would be cool if you could specify waking and sleeping hours in your town so the villagers are awake when you can play! But on the other hand that sounds a little too totalitarian.

I think it'd be really cool to see nocturnal species implemented in AC Switch! And I like the idea of a shop that would be open during the nighttime hours as well, run by a nocturnal NPC. Both would give the player more to do at night.

I love that idea, it would be so cool if certain species were up at night! It would make playing at night much more interesting and less lonely. Normally if I play at night I change my clock back a few hours, but if there were nocturnal villagers there would be less of a need to do that.

i'm pretty sure koalas are nocturnal in real life so i hope if a nocturnal species is implemented they take any already-nocturnal animals into consideration. it'd be interesting if they implemented species being crepuscular (looking at you hamsters and rabbits) as well.

i already really want bat villagers, so if they make them nocturnal that'd just be another thing that'd make them neat.

definitely, I'm all for special characteristics to particular species of villager; frogs being an example in the rain without their umbrellas.

Yep. I would definitely love it if there was more stuff to do super late night. I basically feel like I'm forced to either play at a time I really don't want to, or have the clock adjusted. If there were more villagers that were awake after midnight or more shops or other things that late... it'd be great.

OOoOooOoh, I just had an idea if the nocturnal villager is introduced; badger villagers!

Only out from 7pm - 7am or something ahhh, I can just imagine!

hippos and kangaroos are also nocturnal!!! this is such a good idea.

for a night time shop, i think that it could be nice to sell things like lanterns, glow wands, and fireworks, and maybe you could sell only certain kinds of items (like food or flowers, but not furniture)

Yes!! I have a tattoo sleeve of just nocturnal forest animals and they happen to be my favorite. I play AC the most at night and thus haven't been able to bond with the animals too much. It would be a nice balance.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have always wanted bats and foxes!!!

I'd love to see bats especially! I used to play Wild World whenever I couldn't sleep or had a stomach ache in the early mornings, like 3 am early, and it'd be nice to have another villager that only shows up at that time.

That would be neat. Maybe there could be shops that open at night too, other than the night club. They could open at dusk when the nocturnal villagers wake up and close at dawn when those villagers go to bed.
I play at night a lot and it gets a bit boring when the villagers have all gone to bed. I've gotten in the habit of keeping my game clock set several hours behind the actual time just so I can interact with them.

Back