No touch screen with pattern design

NL had sanctions in place to prevent stealing other people's patterns. Every QR code is embedded with a player and town ID. If these aren't yours, you can't edit or display them. I fear this may be the case for imported designs in New Horizons. Since They are two different games, your New Leaf QR codes won't be owned by the NH player, unless Nintendo removes these restrictions

In the direct, the player had the options to wear or display a pattern imported from New Leaf. Not sure about editing. We shall see.

Reason is likely due to the fact the Nintendo Switch touchscreen is based on skin touch/contact and not pressure like the 3DS, it may have been implemented but during testing caused more problems than desired. I prefer control input for designs myself, so I'm not really bothered by it.

Correct. Unless there was a way to zoom in on the pattern grid while designing them, a finger or smartphone stylus would be extremely inaccurate. They probably found as much in R&D testing. The D-pad makes for much more accuracy, and like I mentioned before, has always been the way patterns were made on consoles.

Theres fine point ones that work well too.

https://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-AccuPoint-Switch-Active-Metallic/dp/B07B3KZJRL/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?crid=ER72HOI2GI6&keywords=nintendo+switch+stylus+fine+point&qid=1584410055&sprefix=switch+fine+point%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Yeah I remember watching this earlier today. Like why? I was super excited to get into pattern-making, but this seems tedious without touch screen.

That's... disappointing. :( I went out to buy a fine-point stylus just for ACNH...
D-pad will still work, but it'll take much longer to create intricate patterns.

Reason is likely due to the fact the Nintendo Switch touchscreen is based on skin touch/contact and not pressure like the 3DS, it may have been implemented but during testing caused more problems than desired. I prefer control input for designs myself, so I'm not really bothered by it.

Correct. Unless there was a way to zoom in on the pattern grid while designing them, a finger or smartphone stylus would be extremely inaccurate. They probably found as much in R&D testing. The D-pad makes for much more accuracy, and like I mentioned before, has always been the way patterns were made on consoles.

Now that's interesting... I wonder if a capacitive stylus (like the rubber tipped ones) would work...

ughh this is a big thing for me so im super annoyed about it. they really should fix this in a future update or something because i can already tell this is going to be hell to deal with :/

At first I was like "What!? We can't use the touch screen for designs!?" but then I remembered the 3DS and DS had a stylus! The switch doesn't so that makes total sense. Using my finger would be horrible. I'd end up touching too many pixels at once. It would just be a nightmare. So I'm happy with this decision :)

Aww that’s disappointing.
I purchased a stylus just to be able to draw designs.
It was really fine tip and everything and compatible with the switch.
It seems a burden now to have to design using the joy cons.

I hope they change this, being able to draw the pattern makes a lot of difference. Otherwise going to have to use the 3DS or make designs on the computer/phone and copy them over but that's super tedious.

dang, designing is gonna b rough without the touch screen.......but I'm sure we will make it work

Back